WIP Playon native interface for Kodi
Features
  • Ability to navigate PlayOn channels using a native KODI implementation (not upnp)
  • Ability to search the channels that allow it.
  • Ability for applications generating lists to not require a continual refresh in the case of a PlayOn server restart.

Looking for feedback and anyone else to test it. File issues here: https://github.com/sytone/plugin.video.p...ser/issues

Code

Lunatixz has pulled this into his tree, the original source is below and latest version will always be here. I will push to Lunatixz branch when I hit a stable release.

https://github.com/sytone/plugin.video.playonbrowser

Note: If you download from github and place in your addon folder remove the -master from the folder name. Folder should be plugin.video.playonbrowser not plugin.video.playonbrowser-master

Release
There is a more official release @ http://addons.tvaddons.ag/show/plugin.vi...onbrowser/

Thanks to Lunatixz for hosting it. This release will always be behind the main code above but has a higher probability of being stable Smile

To get Lunatixz 's repo go to https://github.com/Lunatixz/XBMC_Addons/...xz-1.0.zip

History
So over two nights I learnt the basics of python, KODI addon development and how PlayOn works... The code is pretty dirty but seems to be working. You will need to configure the addon using the correct local IP and port on the machine running the PlayOn service.

Development Items

ToDo
[0] - Fix the encoding issues, I'm striping out non ANSI characters (sorry rest of world Sad )
[0] - Fix the list item icons as they seem to be a movie reel with a question mark... no idea how to resolve.

In Progress
[0] - Add proper meta data

Done
[X] - Test how this works with MyLibrary to avoid the link expiration issues Netflix seems to have.
[X] - Add Search
[X] - Add XML caching

Change Log
v1.0.2
- Added caching to speed up UI response.
- Added search for channels that allow it.

v1.0.1
- Changed logic to use names and not ids for playback, allow My Library to work.
- Cleaned up the files and removed non-used code.

v1.0.0
- Initial version

v0.0.1
- Never existed... Magic!
any screenshots? im unable to install at the moment, interested to see what it looks like
Interesting... Thanks.
BTW, If you didn't know already... since Playon is a upnp server it can already be browsed using Kodi's menu's. Special protocol upnp://
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I know about the upnp and use it for a shortcut to Netflix on one box. I am having issues with the links when using MyLibrary so this is another approach to try and get around this and it also has the logical grouping at the top level.

Once I learn more about the addons I will also enable search for the areas that allow it.

@freddy12 Ill upload shots when I get home.
(2015-03-25, 19:53)sytone Wrote: I know about the upnp and use it for a shortcut to Netflix on one box. I am having issues with the links when using MyLibrary so this is another approach to try and get around this and it also has the logical grouping at the top level.

Once I learn more about the addons I will also enable search for the areas that allow it.

@freddy12 Ill upload shots when I get home.

Cool, i've done a lot of work with Kodi and Playon, so if you need any help... let me know... I will subscribe to this thread Smile

BTW addon.py import m3u8 doesn't exist...
Thanks. If you have good examples of implementing search in a add on as well as how you change the image for a list item as image and thumb are not working.
(2015-03-25, 20:47)sytone Wrote: Thanks. If you have good examples of implementing search in a add on as well as how you change the image for a list item as image and thumb are not working.

listitems with image, first link = example, second Kodi api docs, you want to setproperties...

https://github.com/learningit/plugin.vid...ult.py#L83
http://romanvm.github.io/xbmcstubs/docs/...1491fc0be6

as for search this depends on what you want, it would be easy enough to search a list for a match...
I need to have a user search in the UI that I can take results from. Once
(2015-03-25, 20:56)sytone Wrote: I need to have a user search in the UI that I can take results from. Once

Get some working code then we can add a search function...
I'm thinking the easiest is to add a search input as a listitem, then parse some cached playon data for a match...

I removed the import m3u8, and it's working great...

Can you use https://github.com/Eldorados/script.module.metahandler to add metadata to the listitems?
You can use it to grab poster, fanart, also set properties for genre, ratings, plot, imdbid, tvdbid, etc...
Ill take a look when I get home, I have already removed the m3u8 but have not checked in.

I have tested with MyLibrary and it is working fine, tested playon restart and strms failed as expected as I was using the IDs. I have now switched to the names and got playback working. When I get home ill bounce playon a few times and test again then the strms will work until

1) the name changes
2) it is removed from the provider.
Ok,

I have restarted playon and kodi and gone back to the TV Shows with the synced strm from MyLibrary and the streams work. Yay! No more running every hour and hoping they do not work and having a decreased WAF!

Now to clean code and get search in place.

I have one issue that if I try to play the stream directly it seems to time out and abort the video but if I make a playlist with a dummy video and then the url next and play it works fine. Any ideas appreciated, ill checkin the next round of changes this evening.
ok, code is up with the next round of changes and fixes. A test with MyLibrary or the PseudoTV Library would be good and include a bounce of the playon service to confirm the strm files do not lose their magic.

For images I am using the following to create the list item but still seeing a movie reel with a question mark in it for each folder item. The thumbnail over the side is showing fine. [/code]
Code:
xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage=image, thumbnailImage=image)
(2015-03-27, 07:40)sytone Wrote: ok, code is up with the next round of changes and fixes. A test with MyLibrary or the PseudoTV Library would be good and include a bounce of the playon service to confirm the strm files do not lose their magic.

For images I am using the following to create the list item but still seeing a movie reel with a question mark in it for each folder item. The thumbnail over the side is showing fine. [/code]
Code:
xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage=image, thumbnailImage=image)

Fyi, I'm not sure the tokens generated for the strms will hold up... They are generated from playon, not kodi.

By passing the tokens isn't possible.
The STRM contains a url that I can de-compose to get the correct token from playon on the fly. This is the reason I made this addon to get around this issue. There is some fragility in it that it is walking the playon tree using names and not the IDs.

You are 100% correct if I use the generated links from playon but I get them every time the strm is selected as it goes back via my addon to get the current version.
(2015-03-27, 23:01)sytone Wrote: The STRM contains a url that I can de-compose to get the correct token from playon on the fly. This is the reason I made this addon to get around this issue. There is some fragility in it that it is walking the playon tree using names and not the IDs.

You are 100% correct if I use the generated links from playon but I get them every time the strm is selected as it goes back via my addon to get the current version.

Ahh ic, you're strms reference your plugin... not playon. Cool, Im very interested in your project. This can be a great companion tool to PseudoTV Live.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon native interface for Kodi0