question to sql-statements
Hi,

I hope that I'm right here with my question.
I would like to make some general changes in my MyVideosXX.DB. Therefore I'm using a sqlllite-program on windows PC. The access works fine.

No I would like to create some sql-statements to set some (pre-)videosettings without starting every video on kodi first.

F.i :
when I do this:

SELECT *
FROM episodeview
where episodeview.strTitle="The Mentalist"

I'm getting a list with all searched episodes.

After that I can do a statement like this:

insert OR replace into settings (idfile,Deinterlace, ViewMode, ZoomAmount, PixelRatio, VerticalShift, Audiostream, SubtitleStream, Subtitledelay, SubtitlesOn, Brightness, Contrast, Gamma)
VALUES ( "VALUEidfile",5,0,1,1,0,1,-1,0,0,50,50,20)

This last line I have to do manualy for every value I got in the first question. It works but that was not my idea. That is not so much faster then access every file on kodi and set the values manualy :-)

My idea was to work with statements like this:

First:
INSERT INTO settings (idFile)
SELECT idFile
FROM episodeview
GROUP BY idFile

This should insert all needed lines in the database (only filled the field idFile) - but it is NOT working

After that I thought to update the database with this statement:
UPDATE settings
SET Deinterlace=5, ViewMode=0, ZoomAmount=1, PixelRatio=1, VerticalShift=0, Audiostream=-1, SubtitleStream=-1, Subtitledelay=0, SubtitlesOn=0, Brightness=50, Contrast=50, Gamma=20
where Deinterlace=0

That I had tested successfully...

So is my question: how can i create statements which are able to select idfile-IDs from Table "episodeview" and fill it direct to the Table "settings" ?

Just one idea... should I better work with temporary tables.. ?

Thanks for your help or your ideas

SaEt9000
blind guess (my sql is very rusty):
INSERT INTO settings AS
SELECT idFile
FROM episodeview
GROUP BY idFile
Thanks for your reply - I will try it.

SaEt9000
it was not far from your hint - but at the end this here is working:

insert OR replace INTO settings (idFile)
SELECT idFile
FROM episodeview
GROUP BY idFile

So I'm getting the lines for these episodes in the settings table.
Because only one field is filled (and the screen would stay black :-)) I have to update the lines after that with that update command:

UPDATE settings
SET Deinterlace=5, ViewMode=0, ZoomAmount=1, PixelRatio=1, VerticalShift=0, Audiostream=-1, SubtitleStream=-1, Subtitledelay=0, SubtitlesOn=0, Brightness=50, Contrast=50, Gamma=20
where Deinterlace is null

SaEt9000

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
question to sql-statements0