How to use Windows mouse cusor instead of Kodi's
I really like Kodi; especially with the Aeon MQ5 skin. However, I can't seem to get used to the gigantic red mouse cursor; especially when Kodi runs in a Window. Also, when this big mouse cursor shows, it seems to be a little jumpy (not as smooth as the Windows mouse); even on an i7 4.4Ghz quadcore PC with 32GB RAM.

Is there a way to just use the Windows mouse cursor for Kodi, instead of Kodi trying to change it? I already use a remote control; but most of my navigation is done on my HTPC mouse or Keyboard arrows.
Why are you using a mouse? Kodi is designed to be used with a remote control.
I use a mouse because it's easier when I'm sitting with my laptop (I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad with a nub mouse). However, if I've got my laptop hooked up to my tv, I use Kore on my tablet

As for what MKANET wants, idk how to replace the cursor, but I figured out how to make it smaller. I use the Confluence skin but there should be parallels to the skin you use. Anyway, in Windows Explorer (or file manager of choice) head over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.SKIN_NAME. Inside you should find a folder that has to do with screen resolution or aspect ratio or something. In there, you should find a bunch of xml files, one of which is named "Pointer" and that's the one we want. Open it up but you won't be able to save it while Kodi is running. You'll have to close Kodi every time you want to save a change. Play with the values inside the width and height tags till you find something you like.
Thanks MySpl33n, I was able to modify my skin's pointer to the equivalent size of the Windows mouse cursor; or, as close as possible to it. Thanks again!

(2015-03-27, 06:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Why are you using a mouse? Kodi is designed to be used with a remote control.

(2015-03-27, 08:31)MySpl33n Wrote: I use a mouse because it's easier when I'm sitting with my laptop (I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad with a nub mouse). However, if I've got my laptop hooked up to my tv, I use Kore on my tablet

As for what MKANET wants, idk how to replace the cursor, but I figured out how to make it smaller. I use the Confluence skin but there should be parallels to the skin you use. Anyway, in Windows Explorer (or file manager of choice) head over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.SKIN_NAME. Inside you should find a folder that has to do with screen resolution or aspect ratio or something. In there, you should find a bunch of xml files, one of which is named "Pointer" and that's the one we want. Open it up but you won't be able to save it while Kodi is running. You'll have to close Kodi every time you want to save a change. Play with the values inside the width and height tags till you find something you like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use Windows mouse cusor instead of Kodi's0