Kodi will not open
We've been using Kodi for sometime now. It has worked great up to this point. We are running it on an older PC with Linux Mint 17. Everything with Linux seems to be working fine, but when we try to open it, it opens on the task bar for a second or two and then it crashes. Nothing else happens, no sounds, no flash of the home screen. It just crashes. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and am still having the same problem.

Crash log
http://www.xbmclogs.com/pmaymtbsu
Pretty sure we're running Kodi 14.0
Linux Mint i386
I don't know why, but if I press the \ button to go to full screen, it will open and stay open. As soon as I press \ again to show the task bar, Kodi crashes. Weird
Quote:18:11:15 T:3033945920 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = X.Org R300 Project
18:11:15 T:3033945920 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Gallium 0.4 on ATI R423
18:11:15 T:3033945920 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 2.1 Mesa 10.1.0
18:11:15 T:3033945920 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 1.20

Your GPU is not supported at all. It's at least 10 years old. That it runs with fullscreen is pure luck.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It's worked flawlessly up until last night. It doesn't freeze, it's never crashed. Even now, when its in full screen mode, it works great. The hardware runs Netflix without any hesitation.. I appreciate your input, but I suspect I have a software issue rather than hardware.
Have you updated mint and got a new graphics driver perhaps?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I updated mint after the problem arose. I'm guessing there's an addon or some setting that one of my kids changed. I'll figure it out eventually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi will not open1