Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2015-04-28, 19:03)estupefacto Wrote: i have just registered here to congratulate you for this amazing guide, madvr is amazing and was the only thing missing in kodi. But i have a question, while i was able to play all my mkv files with madvr i can`t seem to play iptv simple client or any stream whatsoever with madvr. Should i be able to play it with madvr also or am i being noob? i did the steps but i must have forgotten something Sad

Anyway thanks again for this guide Wink

A tip: jinc is not the best, best is nnedi in chroma and lanczo4 or spline4 in luma. and u dont need such a good gpu, mine gtx 750 can do it with 13ms rendering without dropping frames. And u can add to your guide if u can that ffdshow subtitle filter is stable to use instead xysub, i use it because i can put subs below any video Wink

You must install the provided playercorefactory.xml. DSPlayer can't play any streams. DVDPlayer must be used in its place.

As for Jinc not being the best, it depends on what you are scaling to. I can't see any difference in Chroma Upscaling between Jinc and NNEDI3. Image scaling with NNEDI3 is superior, but only when the scaling factor is at least 2x. I don't mind adding 4 taps to any image scaler, but this is very aggressive and may lead to artifacts. Therefore, Jinc3 image scaling is superior because it is the most natural and contains the least amount of ringing. If you want a sharper image, add 4 taps to any image scaler and the image will be sharper. But this could be at the cost of increased ringing and artifacts.

Lastly, you can change the placement of subtitles from within Kodi. FFDShow is not needed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR - by Warner306 - 2015-04-28, 20:15
9korpus - by edivrecar17 - 2015-10-05, 03:49
Audio delayed after pause - by JeffA - 2016-01-10, 20:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7