Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2015-07-14, 05:40)meles Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 04:32)Warner306 Wrote: A 120hz TV will still play content at 60hz. If you enable refresh rate switching in Kodi, your TV will match the content refresh rate. So, if in North America, your TV should switch to 24hz for most content, even if it is actually displaying content at 120hz by repeating each frame 5x (24 x 5 = 120).
I am very good with math and have know that 120hz tv gets you perfection with 24x5, 240hz=24x10 too! Madvr has been doing a fine job with this. I am pulling back for a few reasons on DSPlayer:
1. It is clobbering the MADvr settings for MPC-HC and annoyling turning off smooth motion playback and changing some other settings. I presume there is a way to fix these, but I've not pursued because of issue 2
2. DVDPlayer does DTS HD audio. The DSPlayer audio codec suggested converts this to DTS.
3. I think for most streaming it won't play, so no super video for those. It did try to play ESPNHD feed on DBTS which must have been some overseas feed as it did not have the all star baseball stuff on. It seemed to play it with terrible buffering. I really feel pretty ignorant with the whole streaming thing, so does the videocodec help with these and wll dsplayer eventually handle these in better fidelity?
4. I am not an HTPC maven wanting the ultimate so for me and my handfuls of HD movie files I can live with windows exploder and double click.
5. I'd love to come back on board and deal with some of the dsplayer eccentricities vs the more established MPC-HC setup I referenced back a few posts, but the lack of DTS HD is a killer. I am also not completely thrilled with the ffdshow raw audio codec as my bastard audiophile friend was to quick to point out that he liked the Kodi DVDPlayer built in codec's sound over it. Of course this was during a video comparison, and by the way the improved Dsplayer type video (done on MPC-HC) annihilates the standard DVDplayer video.

Any way to get DTS HD MA with dsplayer? I'd be really happy if the DVDPlayer's audio capabilities were available. It seems a lot of effort went into that and it may sound better (it definitely sounds a bit different from FFDSHOW raw audio.) I think I am back in for some more video settings torture with madvr if I had the sound with Kodi.

1. Turn off the Kodi madVR gui in DSPlayer settings if you want to keep what you set in the madVR control panel. The Kodi madVR gui overrides the madVR control panel on start-up. I use detailed madVR profiles and turn off the Kodi gui for this reason.

2. Use ReClock as your audio renderer and choose WASAPI Exclusive bitstreaming (as pictured in the guide). This will get you bit-perfect audio bitstreaming. I can bitstream DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD with my system. ReClock is the best audio renderer if you have an A/V receiver.

3. Use the included playercorefactory.xml for streaming video. DVDPlayer is better for this content. Live TV streams with the appropriate backend (e.g. MediaPortal) are supported by DSPlayer. This is covered in Section 1 of the guide.

4. Don't sell yourself short. DSPlayer will work for almost everyone.

5. My advice is to start from scratch and ignore the EZODEN guide. FFDShow is old technology. My guide relies exclusively on LAV Filters, madVR and ReClock. It will give you superior picture quality provided you have a decent GPU.

Start in Section 1 and work your way to the finish when you have time. FFDShow is old school. Be wary of madVR v0.88.17 as DSPlayer support is being added this weekend. Earlier versions of madVR should be fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR - by Warner306 - 2015-07-14, 06:12
9korpus - by edivrecar17 - 2015-10-05, 03:49
Audio delayed after pause - by JeffA - 2016-01-10, 20:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7