Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Ceremony,
Quickly replying. Thanks again. I like the above article and love the test files which I plan to try.

The above wild setup is using ffdshow video decoder raw based on the tray icons. I am not sure how the 32 bit 96khz error in the screen shot came about (likely some bug with Kodi if I had to guess.) That was with LAV audio, wasapi and waveout, and with wasapi and wasapi in the settings. MPC-HC did not generate this error nor did it show 32 bit or 96khz with these settings (and I don't think I hear much of a difference between the three with MPC). Now if I have the ffdshow raw audio decoder hooked up in MPC-HC for the dolby truehd sports demo, that shows 32bit 48khz. That sounds the worst so based on what you are saying I should try to limit this to 24 bit or less and I'll try it!

In a way I am a digital dunce, since I sold off my cd collection back in 1990 and do vinyl only for music. Always interested in digital, concert vidoes, etc. and some can be impressive and some are horrible. Your sense about my feelings on 192khz, 24 bit are right, so you hit the mark I suppose and maybe something is/was upconverting to this and the Kodi error is dead on, yet somehow MPC handles the issue silently.

I've heard smatterings of SACD and DVD-audio over the years and thought they were definitely an improvement over CD. I definitely like dolby truehd and dts hd, yet based on the article is that incorrect? (The article did lose credibility when the author went to the placebo test, etc. discussion and advocated headphones.) What do you recommend doing with various sources. Example, I just put in 24/96 music file (recording of LP) and MPC raw audio shows 96khz, 32bit! What are the best video files for sound. DTS HD, 24bit 48khz? For the typical HTPC enthusiast I would think they would just send the signal over intact and the receiver does what it does? My envy 3d laptop has intel display audio and ATI High Defintion Audio Device (not sure if any of this is a soundcard.)

I think for headphoners and two channel audiofools like myself this is important stuff for getting the best audio and video possible. Given the thread we probably need to reign in the discussion I suppose before Warner calls the forum police.

Of course dsplayer does not play music through Kodi, but could one create media filters for it and its audio codecs to do so? Would that be advantageous vs standard Kodi? (which I just used for the first time today, which shows my experience level with music serving despite my very occaisional use of my Zensonic Z500 in the past for music files.)

Kudos again Ceremony!

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR - by meles - 2015-07-16, 19:56
9korpus - by edivrecar17 - 2015-10-05, 03:49
Audio delayed after pause - by JeffA - 2016-01-10, 20:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7