• 19(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2015-12-08, 10:49)Sylus Wrote: What advantage do i have, when I use wasapi exclusive bitreaming with ReClock? I thought the media speed corretion is the reason for using ReClock, or do i miss something?

the answer is nothing at all.
Warner306 sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I reinstalled win 10 on both pc's after an unrelated problem.

With my settings bellow i get no green artifacts on x264, seemed to be a problem only when selecting NNEDI3,

I read there was problems using NNEDI3 with newer nvidia drivers, is this still a problem?

Using KCP

Most my x265 HEVC videos have problems with green artifacts everywhere and this is a real worry for me.

when i select dxva for upscale and downscale it's ok in fullscreen but not in windows mode

Will installing Strongene HEVC fix any of these problems as i think these problems are related to madvr and new nvidia drivers?

i tried to have dx11 exlusive mode off

testing using mpc for easier settings access

files play fine in vlc

current settings:

chroma upscale NNEDI3
image upscale dxva
image downscale dxva
image double - double luma NNEDI3 64

treat 25p as 24p on and off tried

also reclock never turns green have it set to wsapi

Cannot sync this CINEMA video to your hardware, but to improve playback media will be played at 24.000 fps. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24 Hz.

60hz on monitor u2410 / 60hz on Sony TV - can i not have kodi / mpc auto change resolution? i thought i did enable sync to display in kodi but still it doesn't work

Can you recommend me better quality settings for a gtx 770gtx/960gtx ? Or anyone working with drivers 359.00

UPDATE: Warner306 would you mind PMing me? I can't yet for some reason
(2015-12-08, 17:23)Marklar Wrote: Warner306 sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I reinstalled win 10 on both pc's after an unrelated problem.

With my settings bellow i get no green artifacts on x264, seemed to be a problem only when selecting NNEDI3,

I read there was problems using NNEDI3 with newer nvidia drivers, is this still a problem?

Using KCP

Most my x265 HEVC videos have problems with green artifacts everywhere and this is a real worry for me.

when i select dxva for upscale and downscale it's ok in fullscreen but not in windows mode

Will installing Strongene HEVC fix any of these problems as i think these problems are related to madvr and new nvidia drivers?

i tried to have dx11 exlusive mode off

testing using mpc for easier settings access

files play fine in vlc

current settings:

chroma upscale NNEDI3
image upscale dxva
image downscale dxva
image double - double luma NNEDI3 64

treat 25p as 24p on and off tried

also reclock never turns green have it set to wsapi

Cannot sync this CINEMA video to your hardware, but to improve playback media will be played at 24.000 fps. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24 Hz.

60hz on monitor u2410 / 60hz on Sony TV - can i not have kodi / mpc auto change resolution? i thought i did enable sync to display in kodi but still it doesn't work

Can you recommend me better quality settings for a gtx 770gtx/960gtx ? Or anyone working with drivers 359.00

UPDATE: Warner306 would you mind PMing me? I can't yet for some reason

It sounds like you have a number of issues.

Uncheck HEVC in LAV Video. HEVC is decoded by software. The green squares may be a sign your CPU is unable to decode the file properly. Check your computer utilization. The Strongene decoder may help in this case by making HEVC decoding faster. However, this could be something more technical that I can't solve. Posting in the official madVR forum at Doom9 may be beneficial. The newest Nvidia drivers should work fine with NNEDI3. Only older drivers may have an issue. I would first experiment with my settings. You do not need to use NNEDI3, for example.

Use the settings posted in the second to last section of this guide. The are fairly refined and should work well for your card.

As for ReClock, it is likely not turning green because you are bitstreaming. Uncheck all bitstream boxes in LAV Audio and try again.
Warner306,

Ok so i've done more testing.

I don't have any bit streaming enabled in lav audio as I'm outputting via analog to 5.1
I don't have HEVC enabled in lav video

I updated to latest nvidia drivers today after clean uninstall.

I've found the video works fine with x264 using any scaler.
For HEVC when selecting chroma upscale to NNEDI3 - any neurons i get green artifacts everywhere. using NNEDI3 in image doubling is fine.

I'm going to do more testing today, try diff kodi builds, not use kcp as i've noticed hardware acceleration under it's settings keeps turning itself on for some reason.

I will update my findings

I'm waiting the 5 days until i can post on madvr support thread

For Lentoid installed and registered both 32 and 64 codecs and used this mediaconfig but when i try play a hevc file nothing happens just says working... then nothing 2118419 (post)
I've been working on my problems all day.

I still don't know why 265 videos are not working / fresh install of everything.

With your guide when you create the profile groups do i create what you have shown in the pic "scaling > 1080p etc" under processing & scaling algo & rendering ? and then also match the settings in kodi so save as for 1080p etc?

The recommended settings for the 3840 x 2160p (4K UHD). using the GTX 960 and GTX 980, would any of those settings match recommended settings for 1080p with a GTX 960?

UPDATE: 265 vids are working again, well all except for one. Don't know how or why but it works
(2015-12-09, 17:59)Marklar Wrote: I've been working on my problems all day.

I still don't know why 265 videos are not working / fresh install of everything.

With your guide when you create the profile groups do i create what you have shown in the pic "scaling > 1080p etc" under processing & scaling algo & rendering ? and then also match the settings in kodi so save as for 1080p etc?

The recommended settings for the 3840 x 2160p (4K UHD). using the GTX 960 and GTX 980, would any of those settings match recommended settings for 1080p with a GTX 960?

UPDATE: 265 vids are working again, well all except for one. Don't know how or why but it works

Each set of settings can be made into a profile group. Scaling is its own group. Image enhancements could be another. Dithering another. Name the profiles as shown in the guide. Paste the rules in top of each group (the header).

With a 960, I would use the settings posted for a GTS 450 and substitute super-xbr for NNEDI3. You could also use Error Diffusion 2 dithering.
Warner306 Thanks for all your help dude,

everything seems to be working good.

I couldn't use NNEDI for doubling on SD
So I'm using NNEDI3 64 for chroma / and xbr 100 for doubling x 2 / rest is as your SD settings.

Is there anything else i can push to get better quality without using NNEDI for doubling ?

Can I backup madvr setting in case i want to upgrade or move setting to another pc ?

Can I backup the kodi profiles ? I'm using internal filter

UPDATE: ok last 2 questions lol

I have some 4k files too, So am i right in thinking i should add this from your post?

if (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080) "2160p"

but what settings would you recommend for down scaling to 1080p?

Also you didn't add any image down scaling in any of the profile so there not needed at all since were working with profiles? just leave it at dxva for all profiles

UPDATE 2: OK one last

kodi doesn't seem to be saving internal profiles correctly, as i open another sd or whatever quality video and it has different setting then i saved.

is there a dsplayer database file i can look into and maybe edit or delete?
i deleted this: DSPlayer8.db but still won't save for each profile
(2015-12-10, 12:06)Marklar Wrote: Warner306 Thanks for all your help dude,

everything seems to be working good.

I couldn't use NNEDI for doubling on SD
So I'm using NNEDI3 64 for chroma / and xbr 100 for doubling x 2 / rest is as your SD settings.

Is there anything else i can push to get better quality without using NNEDI for doubling ?

Can I backup madvr setting in case i want to upgrade or move setting to another pc ?

Can I backup the kodi profiles ? I'm using internal filter

UPDATE: ok last 2 questions lol

I have some 4k files too, So am i right in thinking i should add this from your post?

if (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080) "2160p"

but what settings would you recommend for down scaling to 1080p?

Also you didn't add any image down scaling in any of the profile so there not needed at all since were working with profiles? just leave it at dxva for all profiles

UPDATE 2: OK one last

kodi doesn't seem to be saving internal profiles correctly, as i open another sd or whatever quality video and it has different setting then i saved.

is there a dsplayer database file i can look into and maybe edit or delete?
i deleted this: DSPlayer8.db but still won't save for each profile

Image downscaling only occurs if image doubling is applied to a 720p source or to scale 4K content to 1080p. For the 2160p profile, downscale with Lanczos3 + AR + LL or Spline3 + AR + LL.

I would recommend using "Load from active madVR profile." That way, you can create your profiles in madVR and use madVR or Kodi to make changes to the profile that is loaded. Changes made in Kodi will be saved in the madVR control panel. You just can't create profiles from Kodi.
Thanks Again Dude Smile

Everything is working well now.

Hope i didn't annoy you too much with all the questions lol

Sometime in the future i will pull out my old color munki and give the color correction a go but for now I'm happy
I'm having issues with getting external subtitles to display in dsplayer. Internal subtitles all load fine, but when I try external, either through addon or manual, nothing happens.

Switching to DVDplayer works, but thats a workaround and not a solution.
Can anyone help out?
(2015-12-13, 00:02)TundleBar Wrote: I'm having issues with getting external subtitles to display in dsplayer. Internal subtitles all load fine, but when I try external, either through addon or manual, nothing happens.

Switching to DVDplayer works, but thats a workaround and not a solution.
Can anyone help out?

It is hard to help you with that information. I would need your settings for LAV Splitter and XySubFilter. I assume you are turning subtitles on from the audio settings menu during playback?

Pictures of LAV Splitter and XySubFilter could also be helpful.
Hi, does Kodi DSPlayer work by itself, portable/can be used as a standalone media player?
(2015-12-14, 16:35)Concestly Wrote: Hi, does Kodi DSPlayer work by itself, portable/can be used as a standalone media player?

No it is "attached" to Kodi.
Just attached the necessary software and followed the instructions, and the video side is impressive. Running into an audio/volume issue. Sounds as though the volume is suppressed by 25-30%. HTPC running windows 10, connected to Onkyo TX-NR737 via HDMI. Kodi audio settings set to 2.0 channels, Optimized, High quality, WASAPI HDMI TX-NR737

Any suggestions/thought would be much appreciated.
(2015-12-15, 02:07)maddiesdad15 Wrote: Just attached the necessary software and followed the instructions, and the video side is impressive. Running into an audio/volume issue. Sounds as though the volume is suppressed by 25-30%. HTPC running windows 10, connected to Onkyo TX-NR737 via HDMI. Kodi audio settings set to 2.0 channels, Optimized, High quality, WASAPI HDMI TX-NR737

Any suggestions/thought would be much appreciated.

Check the guide again. The only audio settings that matter are in "DSPlayer." The settings mentioned apply to DVDPlayer.

The default DSPlayer renderer is not that great. I would suggest installing ReClock or sanear. Install and select in DSPlayer settings.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7