• 20(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Is it possible to create separate madvr profiles based on filename or type?

Most everything is working fine but i run into the occasional filetype or file that doesn't work with the scaler i have. eg i have a couple of .ts files that won't work with my 1080p profile so i have to downgrade the settings
(2015-12-16, 16:55)Marklar Wrote: Is it possible to create separate madvr profiles based on filename or type?

Most everything is working fine but i run into the occasional filetype or file that doesn't work with the scaler i have. eg i have a couple of .ts files that won't work with my 1080p profile so i have to downgrade the settings

Sure, check the bottom of the madVR profile rules: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1271417
(2015-12-16, 22:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 16:55)Marklar Wrote: Is it possible to create separate madvr profiles based on filename or type?

Sure, check the bottom of the madVR profile rules: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1271417

Wow Nice Smile
Whatever film is 25fps , then i see continous dropped frames
How can i fix it?
Please note , I have already checked , the options in Madvr and Reclock , the PAL SpeedDown (force to 24fps)
(2015-12-17, 17:06)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: Whatever film is 25fps , then i see continous dropped frames
How can i fix it?
Please note , I have already checked , the options in Madvr and Reclock , the PAL SpeedDown (force to 24fps)

Have you tried reducing your madVR settings, even if they appear under the rendering queue?

Also, if using PAL SpeedDown, you shouldn't be bitstreaming with ReClock.
What do you mean bitstreaming?
I do not use amplifier
Right now i opened the Audio Settings in the Reclock Configuration and i see that i have put ( Bitstream at Direct Sound ) , and down in the other oprion (Accept bitstreams formats) , is unchecked

Please note that in all the Chroma upscalings , i have put super-xbr 100
In 1080p and 720p everything is perfect and only in SD creates problems

You think that i have to create something different at the display modes?

EDIT
I forgot to report that it happens in all videos with resolution below 720x576 i.e SD480
I have to add something in the display mode?
Thanks
(2015-12-18, 11:35)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: What do you mean bitstreaming?
I do not use amplifier
Right now i opened the Audio Settings in the Reclock Configuration and i see that i have put ( Bitstream at Direct Sound ) , and down in the other oprion (Accept bitstreams formats) , is unchecked

Please note that in all the Chroma upscalings , i have put super-xbr 100
In 1080p and 720p everything is perfect and only in SD creates problems

You think that i have to create something different at the display modes?

EDIT
I forgot to report that it happens in all videos with resolution below 720x576 i.e SD480
I have to add something in the display mode?
Thanks

Your settings are probably too aggressive. Try turning them down and see if that fixes anything.
I put the lowest setting i.e billinear
But nothing
The only positive setting is , if i put the smooth motion on
But then i see a non normal thing
Something like the video is not normal

My opinion is , to creare few display modes for the SD movies
But i do not know how to write these modes
@Warner306

I was thrilled to see madVR working with Kodi. I wonder what does Aracnoz stepping away from DSPplayer development mean for the madVR with Kodi implementation? Will it work only up until Jarvis, and then a maybe, depending on the changes carried out in Kodi?
(2015-12-22, 14:51)Gadgety Wrote: @Warner306

I was thrilled to see madVR working with Kodi. I wonder what does Aracnoz stepping away from DSPplayer development mean for the madVR with Kodi implementation? Will it work only up until Jarvis, and then a maybe, depending on the changes carried out in Kodi?
I would say you answered yourself. Kodi v17's video player interface is going to be vastly different and would probably require lots of rework to integrate DSPlayer into Kodi. We just won't be able to pull from master and the DSPlayer branch and hit compile.
OK, thank you. I will flaunt my ignorance, I thought compile was something done in Linux not in any of the Windows version.
(2015-12-22, 19:17)Gadgety Wrote: OK, thank you. I will flaunt my ignorance, I thought compile was something done in Linux not in any of the Windows version.

The new VideoPlayer may be compatible with madVR; there has been some talk about this, but that has yet to be determined. DSPlayer will remain a Jarvis-only branch.
OK, hopefully. I'm not necessarily partial to DSPlayer, but madVR. Your work here, making this possible is fantastic. I have no idea how much coding work etc is required to make the VideoPlayer madVR compatible, but it surely seems madVR is worthwhile utilizing for any graphics engine. I could also see staying on Jarvis for a while as an alternative, but eventually a change to a future Kodi version would happen.
(2015-12-22, 23:54)Gadgety Wrote: OK, hopefully. I'm not necessarily partial to DSPlayer, but madVR. Your work here, making this possible is fantastic. I have no idea how much coding work etc is required to make the VideoPlayer madVR compatible, but it surely seems madVR is worthwhile utilizing for any graphics engine. I could also see staying on Jarvis for a while as an alternative, but eventually a change to a future Kodi version would happen.

VideoPlayer is said to separate the video renderer and decoder, which may make it possible to use other renderers. The developers themselves have talked about the possibility.
(2015-12-19, 00:00)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: I put the lowest setting i.e billinear
But nothing
The only positive setting is , if i put the smooth motion on
But then i see a non normal thing
Something like the video is not normal

My opinion is , to creare few display modes for the SD movies
But i do not know how to write these modes

if (srcWidth <= 960) and (srcHeight <= 540) "SD"
else if "Other"

Those profiles can be applied to any profile group. Create a profile group for the section that includes "display modes" and uncheck the "treat 25p movies as 24p" checkbox for the SD profile. No PAL speedown, but hopefully you won't have presentation glitches.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7