• 25(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
a HD 2000 is maybe to slow to use madVR with a 3d LUT.

try bilinear for chroma upscaling and tell us the rendertimes from the OSD (control+ J).

are you playing broadcast with this system too?
(2016-02-21, 16:30)puithove Wrote: @Warner306 - (or anyone else)

I noticed sanear in your list of "other" links at the end of the how-to. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on sanear vs. Reclock. I can't seem to find much info on sanear or its features - presumably because it's a pretty new project.

I'm asking because even though I've liked the results of using Reclock (I've got an Nvidia card, so don't get an exact 23.976), I've run into a bit of snag with it. I was successful in getting real HDMI 3D playback of 3D-MVC content via madVR (pretty excited about this). Unfortunately there's apparently differences in timings between 2D and 3D modes which then causes Reclock to lose its mind. It corrupts Reclock's cached timings. I found I had to either reset the cache via the Reclock settings advanced tab or delete the timings from the registry. This has to be done each time when going between 2D and 3D playback. This also causes an extended wait for playback start each time as Reclock has to re-do timing calculation.

After figuring this out, I did some searching and found that others have run into the same thing - and that the corrupt timings issue seems to go back quite a ways but hasn't apparently been addressed.

I don't see the issue at all with sanear of course.

Any WASAPI Exclusive audio renderer will produce the same result. ReClock offers correction when outputting audio as PCM, but can fail sometimes. Sanear is simple and easy to use and rarely fails. It should be recommended, but this guide is about getting everything as perfect as possible.

Sanear's GitHub added ReClock features last year, but there hasn't been a new release for some time. It is the backend for MPC-HC, so maybe it will be updated when MPC-HC is updated, which seems infrequent.
(2016-02-21, 21:45)Kuky Wrote: Hi,

I have this configuration:
Motherboard: ZOTAC Z68ITX-A-E LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W
Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Graphics card is the one included w/ motherboard (HD 2000 I think)

More details here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...build.html

I configured Kodi w/ madVR and it's playing ok h.264 1080p sources (movies).
I created a 3dlut with a colorimeter and Argyll/Dispcal.
The moment I load this 3dlut in madVR the player begins to drop lots of frames.

Is there any optimization I can make to solve this?
Funny thing is that in Task Manager the CPU load is around 35%.Visually I see that it drops more often when there is lots of movements or many small details. When something is static it drops much less or sometimes can play without droping for a small period of time.

System is Windows 10, installed today, all drivers updated, Kodi and madVR latest versions. Filters are unotuched.
The only thing I modified was to make DSPlayer to load the current active profile in madVR and load a 3DLUT in madVR

Than you very much,
Cristian

The HD 2000 is too slow for a 3D LUT. This has been tried before. Only a newer integrated graphics card would be able to handle this task. It is annoying, but this how madVR works -- it is like a video game renderer.
(2016-02-21, 22:47)Warner306 Wrote: The HD 2000 is too slow for a 3D LUT. This has been tried before. Only a newer integrated graphics card would be able to handle this task. It is annoying, but this how madVR works -- it is like a video game renderer.

Ok, so the problem is with the graphics card, not w the processor? This is important, as the processor would be easy to upgrade, but the graphics card means new motherboard also.

Is there any minimum recommendation for an integrated graphics card to work with a 3DLUT? I want to keep the case if possible, so a PCIE card is not feasible.

Regards,
Cristian
(2016-02-21, 23:50)Kuky Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 22:47)Warner306 Wrote: The HD 2000 is too slow for a 3D LUT. This has been tried before. Only a newer integrated graphics card would be able to handle this task. It is annoying, but this how madVR works -- it is like a video game renderer.

Ok, so the problem is with the graphics card, not w the processor? This is important, as the processor would be easy to upgrade, but the graphics card means new motherboard also.

Is there any minimum recommendation for an integrated graphics card to work with a 3DLUT? I want to keep the case if possible, so a PCIE card is not feasible.

Regards,
Cristian
even my HD 4400 can do it easily so an hd 530 from an i3 6100 gets bored.

don't get an T version. down clocking should still work with skylake even though i don't think you will need to do that.

(2016-02-21, 22:45)Warner306 Wrote: Any WASAPI Exclusive audio renderer will produce the same result. ReClock offers correction when outputting audio as PCM, but can fail sometimes. Sanear is simple and easy to use and rarely fails. It should be recommended, but this guide is about getting everything as perfect as possible.

Sanear's GitHub added ReClock features last year, but there hasn't been a new release for some time. It is the backend for MPC-HC, so maybe it will be updated when MPC-HC is updated, which seems infrequent.

sanear is currently not outputting lossless audio the internal filter from MPC-BE can do this. so it is not that simply.

they will not produce the same result!
(2016-02-22, 01:50)huhn Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 23:50)Kuky Wrote:

Regards,
Cristian
even my HD 4400 can do it easily so an hd 530 from an i3 6100 gets bored.

don't get an T version. down clocking should still work with skylake even though i don't think you will need to do that.

(2016-02-21, 22:45)Warner306 Wrote: Any WASAPI Exclusive audio renderer will produce the same result. ReClock offers correction when outputting audio as PCM, but can fail sometimes. Sanear is simple and easy to use and rarely fails. It should be recommended, but this guide is about getting everything as perfect as possible.

sanear is currently not outputting lossless audio the internal filter from MPC-BE can do this. so it is not that simply.

they will not produce the same result!

What is sanear doing to lossless audio? My receiver says it is receiving DTS-HD Master and Dolby TrueHD.
(2016-02-22, 03:26)Warner306 Wrote: What is sanear doing to lossless audio? My receiver says it is receiving DTS-HD Master and Dolby TrueHD.

nothing (don't worry most AVR do it in this case!).

but that's the case because bitstreaming is used same would happen with directaudio.

it simply doesn't matter no renderer can touch an encoded stream.

if you have the processor for it don't bitstream. you may avoid forced DRC and other stuff.
(2016-02-22, 05:32)huhn Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 03:26)Warner306 Wrote: What is sanear doing to lossless audio? My receiver says it is receiving DTS-HD Master and Dolby TrueHD.

nothing (don't worry most AVR do it in this case!).

but that's the case because bitstreaming is used same would happen with directaudio.

it simply doesn't matter no renderer can touch an encoded stream.

if you have the processor for it don't bitstream. you may avoid forced DRC and other stuff.

You don't recommend bitstreaming? I find I have volume issues that need to be fixed by fiddling with the mixer when LAV does the decoding. I also find the volume of bitstreams is not always consistent using any other mode than WASAPI Exclusive.
(2016-02-22, 23:49)Warner306 Wrote: You don't recommend bitstreaming? I find I have volume issues that need to be fixed by fiddling with the mixer when LAV does the decoding. I also find the volume of bitstreams is not always consistent using any other mode than WASAPI Exclusive.

with bitstreaming your AVR gets always the same "bitstream" and wasapi doesn't matter so it can't be different. like i said the audio cna't be touched before it reaches the AVR so it is always the same no matter what.

with decoding you have full control of A/V sync so yes i would say decoding is "better".
(2015-03-27, 07:39)Warner306 Wrote: - Delay madVR playback until render queue is full

Delays the start of video playback until the amount frames set in the pre-buffer are rendered. This can help with crashes caused by the Kodi refresh rate change mechanism interacting with madVR.

- Use madVR in fullscreen (exclusive mode)

Checking this box makes use of madVR’s fullscreen exclusive mode, which takes full control of the display during playback making it impossible to take screen captures or steal focus away from the player. This may reduce screen tearing and improve player stability slightly but can cause compatibility issues with many graphics cards. If checked, the Kodi GUI is forced into windowed mode at all times to accommodate the player during playback. If you encounter a black screen after playing a video or random presentation glitches, your graphics card likely isn't compatible with fullscreen exclusive mode.

Hi guys,

In relation to the two settings reported above that is possible to modify inside the Kodi GUI, I have noticed that they are not "influencing" the same settings (under rendering/general settings) inside madVR. For example if I enable "Delay madVR playback until render queue is full" in the Kodi GUI, it remains unchecked under madVR (same for the fullscreen exclusive mode).

How the two are related since it seems they are "indipendent"? And who as the priority over the other (settings in Kodi or in madVR)?

Thanks for the help!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2016-03-03, 17:00)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 07:39)Warner306 Wrote: - Delay madVR playback until render queue is full

Delays the start of video playback until the amount frames set in the pre-buffer are rendered. This can help with crashes caused by the Kodi refresh rate change mechanism interacting with madVR.

- Use madVR in fullscreen (exclusive mode)

Checking this box makes use of madVR’s fullscreen exclusive mode, which takes full control of the display during playback making it impossible to take screen captures or steal focus away from the player. This may reduce screen tearing and improve player stability slightly but can cause compatibility issues with many graphics cards. If checked, the Kodi GUI is forced into windowed mode at all times to accommodate the player during playback. If you encounter a black screen after playing a video or random presentation glitches, your graphics card likely isn't compatible with fullscreen exclusive mode.

Hi guys,

In relation to the two settings reported above that is possible to modify inside the Kodi GUI, I have noticed that they are not "influencing" the same settings (under rendering/general settings) inside madVR. For example if I enable "Delay madVR playback until render queue is full" in the Kodi GUI, it remains unchecked under madVR (same for the fullscreen exclusive mode).

How the two are related since it seems they are "indipendent"? And who as the priority over the other (settings in Kodi or in madVR)?

Thanks for the help!

They must be separate settings. You can leave both on, as that what most users are doing. The option in DSPlayer must delay the opening of DSPlayer. While the other setting delays the opening of madVR.
Does HTPC Updater still work Warner306?

I always get errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 222, in <module>
File "<string>", line 121, in _updateComponents
File "build\htpc-updater\out00-PYZ.pyz\updater.lib", line 138, in mpcHc_installLatestReleaseVersion
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
(2016-03-19, 07:10)Marklar Wrote: Does HTPC Updater still work Warner306?

I always get errors:

File "build\htpc-updater\out00-PYZ.pyz\updater.lib", line 138, in mpcHc_installLatestReleaseVersion

Did you try updating MPC-HC manually and trying it again? It was working for me recently.

The program will sometimes fails to update one component but should work the next time.
(2016-03-19, 23:49)Warner306 Wrote:

I always get errors:

Did you try updating MPC-HC manually and trying it again? It was working for me recently.

The program will sometimes fails to update one component but should work the next time.

Tried a fresh install of everything but it keeps having errors on both PCs. if it's working for you maybe there is a piece of required software that i don't have.
(2016-03-20, 10:11)Marklar Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 23:49)Warner306 Wrote:

I always get errors:

Tried a fresh install of everything but it keeps having errors on both PCs. if it's working for you maybe there is a piece of required software that i don't have.

I haven't tried it since the last update to MPC-HC, which didn't go smoothly but somehow worked. Maybe it is now broken due to MPC-HC.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7