• 27(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2016-05-21, 21:56)mrchisholm Wrote: yeah i checked that and it's enabled, all settings seem to be saved as they should

What happens when you try software decoding in LAV Video (setting hardware acceleration to None)?

Do you have DXVA checked under image upscaling? Or one of the trade quality for performance checkboxes?
that was it! i deselected dxva chroma when using dxva deinterlacing, thank you Smile
(2016-05-22, 19:59)mrchisholm Wrote: that was it! i deselected dxva chroma when using dxva deinterlacing, thank you Smile

You should stick with DXVA2 copy-back rather than the broken and unreliable Cuvid.
With DSPlayer, I would try the audio renderer sanear instead of Reclock.
question; in Lav Audio, bitstreaming Formats, they must be kept selected and / or deselected ?
(2016-05-25, 10:10)gotham_x Wrote: With DSPlayer, I would try the audio renderer sanear instead of Reclock.
question; in Lav Audio, bitstreaming Formats, they must be kept selected and / or deselected ?

Depends if you are bitstreaming or not. You can't fix clock deviations by outputting as PCM. So the choice really doesn't matter. I would bitstream.
I'm bitstreaming, then go all the selected audio codec? which would be the reverse of Reclock, is correct?
(2016-05-25, 23:58)gotham_x Wrote: I'm bitstreaming, then go all the selected audio codec? which would be the reverse of Reclock, is correct?
Yes, you are correct. In LAV you *select* the audio formats you want to bitstream. Bear in mind that in the DSPlayer thread I posted a link to an updated build of Sanear, which removes all processing when bitstreaming (this was still not true when using the regular 0.3).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thanks for confirming ashlar, yes, I saw the link you provided, I downloaded and overwritten the three files to the regular version 0.3
(2016-05-26, 11:32)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 23:58)gotham_x Wrote: I'm bitstreaming, then go all the selected audio codec? which would be the reverse of Reclock, is correct?
Yes, you are correct. In LAV you *select* the audio formats you want to bitstream. Bear in mind that in the DSPlayer thread I posted a link to an updated build of Sanear, which removes all processing when bitstreaming (this was still not true when using the regular 0.3).

it doesn't matter what audio renderer you are using you can't process an audio that is bitstreamed (how do you process a file that is not even decoded?).

that change is for PCM output.
(2016-05-26, 13:14)huhn Wrote: it doesn't matter what audio renderer you are using you can't process an audio that is bitstreamed (how do you process a file that is not even decoded?).

that change is for PCM output.
Sure. I thought it was implied. It was and is relevant for me because my files are Blurays I ripped, that I own, and for which, back then, I converted to FLAC multichannel losslessly (for hd formats I could not decode in the AVR). As such, Sanear before wasn't offering a all-in-one solution. As soon as it touched decoded material it applied matrix, resampling, etc.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
yeah but that's not bitstreaming.
Sorry but I'm a bit confused by the audio discussion: for what I know its better to let the AVR (even more if you have a good one) do all the job so I've always been told to bitstream, also because you take some job from the HTPC. Now...

1) Is this correct?
2) In this case is better to use Sanear or not? If not what should I select in the Dsplayer and MPHC options?
3) Ashlar where do I need to copy/overwrite the files you provided in the (sanear) link?

Hope you can help me with this, thanks!
(2016-06-02, 17:57)Knight77 Wrote: Sorry but I'm a bit confused by the audio discussion: for what I know its better to let the AVR (even more if you have a good one) do all the job so I've always been told to bitstream, also because you take some job from the HTPC. Now...

1) Is this correct?
2) In this case is better to use Sanear or not? If not what should I select in the Dsplayer and MPHC options?
3) Ashlar where do I need to copy/overwrite the files you provided in the (sanear) link?

1) If you bitstream you will get dropped frames every so often. You might not notice this, but the frames will be dropped. Sound quality should be identical.
2)sanear is the most simple. But ReClock would also work, even if you are bitstreaming.
3)To register sanear, unzip it and run the installation file. This can be done from any file location.
(2016-06-02, 19:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-06-02, 17:57)Knight77 Wrote: Sorry but I'm a bit confused by the audio discussion: for what I know its better to let the AVR (even more if you have a good one) do all the job so I've always been told to bitstream, also because you take some job from the HTPC. Now...

1) Is this correct?

1) If you bitstream you will get dropped frames every so often. You might not notice this, but the frames will be dropped. Sound quality should be identical.
2)sanear is the most simple. But ReClock would also work, even if you are bitstreaming.
3)To register sanear, unzip it and run the installation file. This can be done from any file location.

Hi Warner, thank you for the reply. But about point "1" is weird...lots of people told me that not bitstreaming would stress more the HTPC because it has to manage the audio part before sending it to the AVR...so is there really more work for the PC or not?
I tried what you said (but always bitstreaming) and there is something not working well: in MPHC if I select Sanear when I play the video it is not used, indeed there is not icon in the taskbar. If I select it in DSplayer settings actually it works, indeed there is the icon, but looks like the video is not smooth.
First point is actually understand if I need Sanear and if it is better, but then eventually how to solve this little problem.
if you aren't bitstreaming than your CPU has to decode the audio file. not a big deal but it is more work.

bitstreaming or not shouldn't have a general difference between video smoothness.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7