• 28(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2016-06-02, 19:38)Knight77 Wrote:
(2016-06-02, 19:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-06-02, 17:57)Knight77 Wrote: Sorry but I'm a bit confused by the audio discussion: for what I know its better to let the AVR (even more if you have a good one) do all the job so I've always been told to bitstream, also because you take some job from the HTPC. Now...

1) Is this correct?
2) In this case is better to use Sanear or not? If not what should I select in the Dsplayer and MPHC options?
3) Ashlar where do I need to copy/overwrite the files you provided in the (sanear) link?

Hope you can help me with this, thanks!

1) If you bitstream you will get dropped frames every so often. You might not notice this, but the frames will be dropped. Sound quality should be identical.
2)sanear is the most simple. But ReClock would also work, even if you are bitstreaming.
3)To register sanear, unzip it and run the installation file. This can be done from any file location.

Hi Warner, thank you for the reply. But about point "1" is weird...lots of people told me that not bitstreaming would stress more the HTPC because it has to manage the audio part before sending it to the AVR...so is there really more work for the PC or not?
I tried what you said (but always bitstreaming) and there is something not working well: in MPHC if I select Sanear when I play the video it is not used, indeed there is not icon in the taskbar. If I select it in DSplayer settings actually it works, indeed there is the icon, but looks like the video is not smooth.
First point is actually understand if I need Sanear and if it is better, but then eventually how to solve this little problem.

As huhn said, the video should not be more or less smooth. You might lose one frame every 5,000 frames due to clock jitter (caused by a slow drift between the audio and video clocks). That is hard to notice.

MPC-HC has sanear built-in. Choose the Internal Audio Renderer under Output. I'm not sure if it shows up in the Taskbar during playback. But that shouldn't matter because you can alter these settings from Options -> Output.

sanear is really no better or worse than ReClock if you are bitstreaming. The result will be identical.

Here are some instructions on how to set up MPC-HC: 1843523 (post)
(2016-06-02, 19:14)Warner306 Wrote: As huhn said, the video should not be more or less smooth. You might lose one frame every 5,000 frames. That is hard to notice.

MPC-HC has sanear built-in. Choose the Internal Audio Renderer under Output -- it is the same thing. I'm not sure if it shows up in the Taskbar during playback. But that shouldn't matter because you can alter the audio renderer settings from Options -> Output.

sanear is really no better or worse than ReClock if you are bitstreaming. The result will be identical.

Thanks huhn and Warner. I was asking about Sanear because of the improvement Ashlar commented about with his link, BTW I'll make further investigation about my test. But in the end in dsplayer settings what do I need to select under "Audio Renderer"? There is not possible to choose internal filters .... I got
" System Default ", my AVR, " Sanear Audio Renderer", "Default DirectSound Device", " Default WaveOut", " Direct sound: my AVR name"

Guys really thank you so much for the help and Patience.
(2016-06-02, 23:09)Knight77 Wrote:
(2016-06-02, 19:14)Warner306 Wrote: As huhn said, the video should not be more or less smooth. You might lose one frame every 5,000 frames. That is hard to notice.

MPC-HC has sanear built-in. Choose the Internal Audio Renderer under Output -- it is the same thing. I'm not sure if it shows up in the Taskbar during playback. But that shouldn't matter because you can alter the audio renderer settings from Options -> Output.

Thanks huhn and Warner. I was asking about Sanear because of the improvement Ashlar commented about with his link, BTW I'll make further investigation about my test. But in the end in dsplayer settings what do I need to select under "Audio Renderer"? There is not possible to choose internal filters .... I got
" System Default ", my AVR, " Sanear Audio Renderer", "Default DirectSound Device", " Default WaveOut", " Direct sound: my AVR name"

Guys really thank you so much for the help and Patience.

Choose sanear. Select the sanear tray icon during playback to complete setup.
Hi. First off, awesome tutorial you've written. I appreciate everything you've done here. I haven't had any major issues getting most of this to work for me, but I do have one infuriating issue with the properties page for the splitter and decoders, getting the text cut off at the bottom and on the right. I have searched throughout this thread and multiple others, along with Google, to no avail. I tried scaling the text down, changing the resolution (for both Windows and Kodi, even tried windowed mode). The properties page can't be resized or maximized, so there is no way for me to see the options further down or to the right (UHD resolution, in particular). Also, most of these options are still default values, as I just did a complete reinstall of Kodi and madVR in another attempt to fix this issue.
Any ideas on how I could fix this so that I could continue configuring my setup for full 4k/HEVC 10 bit video?
(2016-06-08, 01:15)munguin Wrote: Hi. First off, awesome tutorial you've written. I appreciate everything you've done here. I haven't had any major issues getting most of this to work for me, but I do have one infuriating issue with the properties page for the splitter and decoders, getting the text cut off at the bottom and on the right. I have searched throughout this thread and multiple others, along with Google, to no avail. I tried scaling the text down, changing the resolution (for both Windows and Kodi, even tried windowed mode). The properties page can't be resized or maximized, so there is no way for me to see the options further down or to the right (UHD resolution, in particular). Also, most of these options are still default values, as I just did a complete reinstall of Kodi and madVR in another attempt to fix this issue.
Any ideas on how I could fix this so that I could continue configuring my setup for full 4k/HEVC 10 bit video?

Use the screen behind the properties page. All of the options are available there to give the user the option to configure their entire setup with a remote, not just a mouse. It looks like the one of the text size options in Windows has been increased. I'm not sure which one.

Out of curiosity, does MPC-HC do the same thing?
(2016-06-08, 02:31)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 01:15)munguin Wrote: Hi. First off, awesome tutorial you've written. I appreciate everything you've done here. I haven't had any major issues getting most of this to work for me, but I do have one infuriating issue with the properties page for the splitter and decoders, getting the text cut off at the bottom and on the right. I have searched throughout this thread and multiple others, along with Google, to no avail. I tried scaling the text down, changing the resolution (for both Windows and Kodi, even tried windowed mode). The properties page can't be resized or maximized, so there is no way for me to see the options further down or to the right (UHD resolution, in particular). Also, most of these options are still default values, as I just did a complete reinstall of Kodi and madVR in another attempt to fix this issue.

Use the screen behind the properties page. All of the options are available there to give the user the option to configure their entire setup with a remote, not just a mouse. It looks like the one of the text size options in Windows has been increased. I'm not sure which one.

Out of curiosity, does MPC-HC do the same thing?

I normally do have text size increased to 200% in both Windows and Chrome, but I did revert it to 100% in everything, and it still cut the text off. MPC-HC is fine though, nothing gets cut off in any of the options menus.
Hello guys,

I need some help! I'm using Kodi 16.1 with dsplayer in combination with svp. (smooth video project) This is working great for local files and internet streams but with live TV I'm getting an error. With dsplayer disabled it is working.

So I want to use dsplayer for local files and streams, and DVD player for live TV. I know I can set some Merritts in dsplayer settings, but I have no idea what kind of rule I need to add..

Has anyone an idea? I'm using dvblink for live TV..

Cheers,
Marcel
(2016-08-18, 10:37)powermarcel10 Wrote: Hello guys,

I need some help! I'm using Kodi 16.1 with dsplayer in combination with svp. (smooth video project) This is working great for local files and internet streams but with live TV I'm getting an error. With dsplayer disabled it is working.

So I want to use dsplayer for local files and streams, and DVD player for live TV. I know I can set some Merritts in dsplayer settings, but I have no idea what kind of rule I need to add..

Has anyone an idea? I'm using dvblink for live TV..

Cheers,
Marcel

I think you have to add two protocols: rtsp|pvr
It is http if you are using NextPVR.
(2016-08-19, 06:00)robindarling Wrote: hello guys here is an amazing update below for your mobile and pc download
http://www.makeoverarena.com/toxicwap-co...tv-series/

Thank you for the spam; it is delicious but pointless as all spam.
Hello,

since three weeks I try to get 4K HEVC content running on Kodi and now I'm trying to setup DSPlayer but a think I need some help.

my setup:
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit
- Kodi 16.1 with DSPlayer
- AMD Athlon 5350 (4x 2,05 GHz, Kaveri), 8 GB DDR3 1.600 MHz, 250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD for Windows and Kodi (~550 MB/s)
- Radeon RX 460 with native support for h.264 and HEVC, driver version: Crimson v16.8.3 (the newest 16.9.1 beta doesn't work correctly)
- Desktop-Solution is about 1024x768 and Kodi solution 3840x2160px (automatic switching by kodi).

On Media Player Classic (64 bit and 32 bit) all runs fine, some 10 Bit HEVC files I testet cause less than 30% cpu usage, which is normal for windows and some programs at the background. MPC uses LAV splitter and LAV decoder with native DXVA2 rendering on the Radeon GPU.

But with DSPlayer (I used the tutorial here: Windows - HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR) I got 2 problems, or 1 problem with 2 alternatives...

1.) when using "DXVA native" option in LAV the video playback of HEVC files is invisible, screen stays black, but I can hear the audio and it's not stuttering
2.) when using "DXVA copy back" option then video playback is shown, but stuttering extreme (unwatchable), and cpu usage is about 90 to 100%

first screenshot is a h.264 AVC file with causes no problems, the rest is from the same HEVC file.
Image Image Image Image

I tried different options like DSPlayer "fullscreen exclusive" on/off, different audio decoder, "refresh rate" controled by kodi on/off, some different drivers for the Radeon RX 460, I tried the same testfile located on HTPC harddisc (SSD is just for programs, a WD Black with 7.200rpm for some mediafiles) and located on a second computer via windows share (GBit ethernet, while playback the bandwith usage is about 9 to 15%).

But it seems like it's all the same: DXVA copy back causes stuttering, and native mode is with black screen.

So does anybody have any idea or maybe a solution for this?

Edit:
I startet again at the DSPlayer Thread -> Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-09-13, 12:26)Stefanseiner Wrote: Hello,

since three weeks I try to get 4K HEVC content running on Kodi and now I'm trying to setup DSPlayer but a think I need some help.

my setup:
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit
- Kodi 16.1 with DSPlayer
- AMD Athlon 5350 (4x 2,05 GHz, Kaveri), 8 GB DDR3 1.600 MHz, 250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD for Windows and Kodi (~550 MB/s)
- Radeon RX 460 with native support for h.264 and HEVC, driver version: Crimson v16.8.3 (the newest 16.9.1 beta doesn't work correctly)
- Desktop-Solution is about 1024x768 and Kodi solution 3840x2160px (automatic switching by kodi).

On Media Player Classic (64 bit and 32 bit) all runs fine, some 10 Bit HEVC files I testet cause less than 30% cpu usage, which is normal for windows and some programs at the background. MPC uses LAV splitter and LAV decoder with native DXVA2 rendering on the Radeon GPU.

But with DSPlayer (I used the tutorial here: Windows - HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR) I got 2 problems, or 1 problem with 2 alternatives...

1.) when using "DXVA native" option in LAV the video playback of HEVC files is invisible, screen stays black, but I can hear the audio and it's not stuttering
2.) when using "DXVA copy back" option then video playback is shown, but stuttering extreme (unwatchable), and cpu usage is about 90 to 100%

first screenshot is a h.264 AVC file with causes no problems, the rest is from the same HEVC file.
Image Image Image Image

I tried different options like DSPlayer "fullscreen exclusive" on/off, different audio decoder, "refresh rate" controled by kodi on/off, some different drivers for the Radeon RX 460, I tried the same testfile located on HTPC harddisc (SSD is just for programs, a WD Black with 7.200rpm for some mediafiles) and located on a second computer via windows share (GBit ethernet, while playback the bandwith usage is about 9 to 15%).

But it seems like it's all the same: DXVA copy back causes stuttering, and native mode is with black screen.

So does anybody have any idea or maybe a solution for this?

Does this have anything to do with madVR processing settings? Are you using "Load from madVR active profile?" That way, DSPlayer and MPC-HC should have the same performance and use the same madVR settings.

Based on your screenshots, the madVR settings don't appear to be the same. This could be because the decoder queue is not filling in case #2. So the video is not being decoded properly.

The second shot shows the rendering stats are way above the movie frame interval. The first is way below the movie frame interval. This would imply madVR settings are too aggressive in the second case. But this could also be due to the lack of decoding. I'm not sure.

Also, try setting madVR rather than Kodi to do refresh rate switching.
Also, try posting in the DSPlayer forum where more users will see your post.
(2016-09-13, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote: Does this have anything to do with madVR processing settings? Are you using "Load from madVR active profile?" That way, DSPlayer and MPC-HC should have the same performance and use the same madVR settings.

The second shot shows the rendering stats are way above the movie frame interval. The first is way below the movie frame interval. This would imply madVR settings are too aggressive in the second case. But this could also be due to the lack of decoding. I'm not sure.

First, thanks for your answer.

But where can I access the madVR settings and the "Load from madVR active profile"

(2016-09-13, 22:12)Warner306 Wrote: Also, try posting in the DSPlayer forum where more users will see your post.

Edit:
OK, good advice. I startet again at the DSPlayer Thread -> Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-09-15, 10:09)Stefanseiner Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote: Does this have anything to do with madVR processing settings? Are you using "Load from madVR active profile?" That way, DSPlayer and MPC-HC should have the same performance and use the same madVR settings.

First, thanks for your answer.

But where can I access the madVR settings and the "Load from madVR active profile"

(2016-09-13, 22:12)Warner306 Wrote: Also, try posting in the DSPlayer forum where more users will see your post.

Edit:
OK, good advice. I startet again at the DSPlayer Thread -> Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows

Load from active madVR profile is found in DSPlayer settings: Video -> DSPlayer. This means DSPlayer loads madVR settings from the madVR control panel, not DSPlayer.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7