Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2017-02-19, 00:33)Surlias Wrote: Great guide! Thanks for all your hard work. I've got almost everything configured optimally using madVR and ReClock, there's just one thing I haven't been able to figure out: adjusting subtitle position. I've tried messing with both xySubfilter and xyVSFilter, and I just can't get the subtitles to budge from the bottom of the frame. This is affecting both text-based and VOB subs. Positioning of PGS streams behaves as expected.

What can I do to enable adjustment of SRT subtitles? And ideally VOB as well? For adjusting SRT subs in DVDPlayer, it was as simple as pressing CTRL+Arrow Keys to move them anywhere up or down. I prefer to have subtitles adjusted to be in-frame for 2.40:1 aspect ratio, regardless of the aspect ratio of source video. I couldn't figure out a way to permanently set this position in DVDPlayer, so I created a simple AutoHotkey script to trigger CTRL+Up roughly 100 times to quickly adjust the subtitles to the desired position, and that position setting would remain until Kodi was restarted.

Now with xySubfilter handling subtitles, CTRL+Arrow keys has no effect on subtitle position, and there doesn't seem to be any settings in the filter control panel to dictate positioning, for text-based streams anyways. I tried messing the VOB sub position override, but it was not very useful, and only served to either move the subtitles completely off-screen, or no change in placement at all.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

madVR zoom control in the control panel has some settings for subtitles.

Messages In This Thread
9korpus - by edivrecar17 - 2015-10-05, 03:49
Audio delayed after pause - by JeffA - 2016-01-10, 20:28
RE: HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR - by Warner306 - 2017-02-19, 19:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7