• 33(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Wonderful guide! I've found it clemency helpful over the time I've fiddled with my home theater setup.

I've got one question though that maybe someone can help me with. I haven't found a answer while googeling,

MadVR report right or "true" Aspect Ratio (AR) while hitting Ctrl-J.
Kodi osd while hitting "O" does not. Most often it report 1.78:1

I suppose this has to do with black bars in the encode which is part of the picture. Hence MadVRs analyze this in a fashionably manner but Kodi don't

I use this AR info to trigger events outside of Kodi. So what I want to do is a better implementation of AR analyzing in Kodi.
I've seen the "Report Back AR in MadVR to media player" But this doesn't seem to be working.

Is there another way to get better analyzing of source AR with kodi?
(2017-05-15, 08:51)lunkens Wrote: Wonderful guide! I've found it clemency helpful over the time I've fiddled with my home theater setup.

I've got one question though that maybe someone can help me with. I haven't found a answer while googeling,

MadVR report right or "true" Aspect Ratio (AR) while hitting Ctrl-J.
Kodi osd while hitting "O" does not. Most often it report 1.78:1

I suppose this has to do with black bars in the encode which is part of the picture. Hence MadVRs analyze this in a fashionably manner but Kodi don't

I use this AR info to trigger events outside of Kodi. So what I want to do is a better implementation of AR analyzing in Kodi.
I've seen the "Report Back AR in MadVR to media player" But this doesn't seem to be working.

Is there another way to get better analyzing of source AR with kodi?

Probably not. That would require further development from aracnoz.
Great stuff. Thanks
(2016-01-19, 20:21)huhn Wrote: are you using windows 7?

if yes this OS has huge issue with switching refresh rates.
you can try to use overlay or FSE to avoid this issue or change to a OS with a working desktop composition.

the composition is supposed to be the same as the desktop refresh rate.
and desktop refresh rate is the display refresh rate.
these composition rate mismatches are a huge problem on windows 7 and older.

the desktop refresh rate doesn't matter it is changed at the same time.
I know this is an old post but I am experiencing this issue ever since swapping my TV (could be coincidence - not sure how it could be a cause). I've tried every combination of settings I can think of but I can't get the composition rate to match the display's refresh rate. Example:

Default refresh = 50 Hz
Start watching 23.976 FPS video
Display says 23.976
Composition rate says 50

I've also seen it the other way around (display 50, composition rate 23.976). I have Kodi set to change the refresh rate as needed. I've tried D3D9, D3D11, toggling MadVR's automatic refresh rate change on and off, and other things I've forgotten. The solution offered by huhn - switching to Fullscreen Exclusive mode - doesn't work for me. The behaviour changes to this:

Default refresh = 50 Hz
Start watching 23.976 FPS video
Display says 25

I am very sensitive to stutter so there's no way this has been happening before, I'd have noticed. In every case the display refresh rate is correct, according to both MadVR and the display itself. I'm using Windows 7 on this box with an nVidia GT 430 GPU. Any ideas how to fix this or why it's started happening? The only other difference I can see is that the nVidia control panel now thinks there's a "repeater" in the HDCP chain, not sure why.
For anyone with a similar problem, it seems that letting MadVR deal with refresh rate changes rather than Kodi is the solution!
I have converted all my 3D BD-s to Full sbs format (encoded using HEVC main10 profile). I wanted to use madVR for rendering them but it currently doesn't support the format yet. Hence I made a simple merits rule to assign them (with "3D.SBS" in the filename) to DVDPlayer. I wanted to configure Kodi in such way that it would play everything excluding the ones with "3D.SBS" in the filename using DSPlayer. The problem it is using DSPlayer&madVR all the time, seemingly leaving my rules out of consideration. My 3D files are containing 3D.SBS in the filename. I have created a new rule with 3D.SBS specified in the file name row.

Please help. I got stuck. Kodi is always using madVR which is currently "dumb" to render my full SBS files.
Guys, quick question do you reccomend using Sanear for Bitstreaming or ReClock? I know reclock is old but it has WASAPI EXCLUSIVE and apparently you can select it to bitstream at 192k so would appreciate your advice to which is the best to use for DSPlayer , many thanks
Got finally HDR (kinda) working but 2 things bother me and I have no idea what is the problem.
First my system:
NUC7i3BNH with Intel Graphics 620 (Driver v23.20.16.4901), 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1709 with HDR in settings enabled
Connected to a Yamaha RX-A2050 which is connected to an Samsung KS7000 with UHD enabled.
Kodi 17.4 DSPlayer Edition, madVR 0.92.10, Exclusive mode enabled, windowed mode disabled, pass HDR and Metadata.
First problem:
TV switches only to HDR when i press the Window Key that the start menu pops up, then it refreshes and the TV switch to HDR. After I stop and start again, HDR is not on the TV enabled.
Second problem:
I dont see the subtitles. They are not displayed even it shows enabled.
Please see below screenshot

Cheers
Tom
Hello everyone.
I installed Kryton Dsplayer. And I can not have a flowing image. There is a lot of jerkiness. I spent all possible configurations. Only one possibility: Filter intern + EVR + filter Madvr (to have the HDR) It does not jerk, but the image is tiny, impossible to have a full screen. I'm lost. I can not find the solution.
pc: I5 + 16ram + GT 720 Nvidia + TV 4k Lg.

Cheers
My render queue wont fill up when playing a movie on DSPlayer, but it will on MPC-HC

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/PKwtb

Any help or advice appreciated..
A problem like that can be difficult to diagnose. DSPlayer is a fairly complex player and it could have its code issues compared to a player like MPC-BE. Most likely, this would have to be debugged by aracnoz (the DSPlayer developer), but he is not a frequent viewer of these forums.

I have an issue on stop with DSPlayer Krypton. So I am using DSPlayer Jarvis 16.1. It is still working fine to this day with recent madVR releases. 

So, in summary, if it is a DSPlayer issue, you are pretty much screwed. Unless by miracle aracnoz fixes this in the next release. A new release could be doubtful as the DSPlayer GitHub is now more than 6,000 commits behind Kodi Master.
How can i use madvr only.  I want to be able to use kodi own audio settings specially the vol. amp and the passtrhough which wont work and give bad sound with all the crap decoders like LAV.

Can i use dsplayer and madvr plus kodi audio decoder??
(2018-04-18, 00:54)xabito Wrote: How can i use madvr only.  I want to be able to use kodi own audio settings specially the vol. amp and the passtrhough which wont work and give bad sound with all the crap decoders like LAV.

Can i use dsplayer and madvr plus kodi audio decoder??
What exactly are you trying to accomplish in LAV Audio? You didn't make that clear? And, no, you can't use the Kodi audio renderer. It must be a combination of LAV Audio/Sanear or LAV Audio/ReClock (ReClock is 32-bit only, FYI).

If you want bitstreaming, the experience will be identical to regular Kodi. Check everything in LAV Audio, set Sanear to WASAPI Exclusive and off you go.

If you are unpacking to PCM, uncheck everything in LAV Audio and enable any mixing from the LAV Audio Mixing tab. The bitstream will be unpacked as PCM and enable any volume normalization you apply. This can't give you "bad sound" like you say. It will be much like regular Kodi. What do you think LAV Audio is doing to the PCM tracks that annoys you?
Well first of all thanks for answering so quickly.

Second, problem is DD Plus. With Kodi i get almost similar sound to the bitstreaming of DD and DTS. But in Lav i get noise and lack of bass. And ofc i enable mixing in Lav. Not sure what are the other stuff i need to disable. Lav always unpack to PCM at 32 bits and thats probably the problem as kodi in "best match" gives me the most accurate sound from Non Dolby Digital and Dts audios (AAC, TrueHD, Atmos and DD Plus are good with kodi and awfull with lav). I will try disable everything in lav as you say.

But you know what would be fantastic? Is to just implement madvr in kodi and being able to use kodi subs and audio. I miss the vol amplification of kodi in audio and subtitles menu. But we cant have everything i guess...
If you want lossless PCM playback with DSPlayer, this should be possible:
  • Uncheck all formats in LAV Audio;
  • Diable Mixing in LAV Audio. This is disabled by default;
  • If using Jarvis DSPlayer, you must install Sanear or ReClock, select it in DSPlayer and configure it externally for WASAPI Exclusive;
  • If using Krypton DSPlayer, select Sanear in DSPlayer settings and then WASAPI Exclusive. Selecting WASAPI Shared or DirectSound will result in use of the Windows Mixer. You must use WASAPI Exclusive for lossless passthrough; Otherwise, the Windows Mixer will resample.

In this scenario, LAV Audio will unpack the bitstream and the audio is sent to the audio device untouched. There is no resampling. Any differences with Kodi would come down to post-processing applied by Kodi.

If you want to apply mixing like Kodi, try adding FFDShow as an extra filter from the DSPlayer settings page. FFDShow offers numerous options for audio resampling of PCM tracks. ReClock (32-bit only) also offers high-quality resampling but not a lot of mixing.

If bitstreaming, select all formats in LAV Audio, choose Sanear in DSPlayer settings and WASAPI Exclusive. You can't resample a bitstream, so the AVR is left to handle all of the decoding.

Lastly, you can't just add madVR to Kodi, unfortunately. madVR is DirectShow software, so it need DirectShow components. LAV Filters, XySubFilter and Sanear are all DirectShow filters. LAV Filters has been around for eight years and is used by numerous media players, so I wouldn't agree that it's crap. Not many have complained about its audio decoding. You would be the first I've encountered.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7