• 35(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Toggle the 'use fullscreen window' switch and use native resolution 3840x2160p.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-07-01, 16:45)brazen1 Wrote: Toggle the 'use fullscreen window' switch and use native resolution 3840x2160p.
 Yep, tried that already. Thanks for the help though.
I don't how common this problem is. It hasn't come up many times in the last couple of years. Did you try launching MPC-HC from Kodi with madVR's refresh rate switching to determine if the issue is DSPlayer or madVR? I assume you also tried madVR's refresh rate switching? You must have also tried fullscreen exclusive mode on and off?

The only other suggestion would be to disable everything in general settings in madVR to see if that helps. And don't attempt to use any custom resolutions.
It might be worth leaving a debug log. I can pass it on to aracnoz if he returns to release a new version of DSPlayer. He doesn't visit the forums. If he releases something, he stops by for a few days and then disappears.
Tried different permutations of full screen on/off etc, as you said. Nothing worked.

I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 and starting from scratch. I have solved the resolution problem with regards to the movie being in a small window. However when I play a 1080p24 movie the display shows it iss in HDR mode. So the picture looks washed out. I have to set the colour to rec 709.

I have also spotted that I can no longer use the onboard GPU to send HD audio to my receiver, as it interferes with the resolution of the Nvidia card. So I have 4k, no hd audio and a dodgy 1080p24 picture.

To be honest I don't know if the difference between 1080p and 2160p is that great to put up with the unstable system. Just using Kodi 17.6 with 1080p mkv files was easy. I may return the 1050ti and UHD friendly DVD drive.
Did you turn off HDR in the O/S?
Why would you use onboard GPU audio instead of nVidia audio?  You're just asking for problems.  nVidia offers multiple ports to send audio/video assuming your AVR is outdated and you need to separate audio and video.
1080p vs 2160p is obviously a difference.  Ease of use is only as complicated as you make it.  Start with getting a working model using just Windows Explorer first.  Add in extra things like KODI after.  If you can't set it up in Explorer, no amount of button pushing in KODI is going to help you.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-07-01, 20:58)brazen1 Wrote: Did you turn off HDR in the O/S?
Why would you use onboard GPU audio instead of nVidia audio?  You're just asking for problems.  nVidia offers multiple ports to send audio/video assuming your AVR is outdated and you need to separate audio and video.
1080p vs 2160p is obviously a difference.  Ease of use is only as complicated as you make it.  Start with getting a working model using just Windows Explorer first.  Add in extra things like KODI after.  If you can't set it up in Explorer, no amount of button pushing in KODI is going to help you.
I was using the onboard audio as my receiver cannot handle hdmi 2. So you are saying I can use the DVI on the Nvidia card to send the HD audio to the receiver even though the receiver is only hdmi 1.4?

I did switch off HDR in the O/S. So if I play a 1080p movie first it is displayed correctly. However, when I then play a HDR movie, Kodi just switches the HDR back on. If I then play a 1080p movie again, the resolution is 1080p but with HDR.

I also have to set the colour to rec 709 so that the 1080p picture is not washed out. Which as I understand it is pointless for the HDR picture.

So to sum up:
  1. I can play 1080p24 at full screen, but with HDR. No good.
  2. I can play 2160p24 at full screen with HDR. Good.
  3. I have to use Rec 709 to stop the 1080p signal being washed out.
  4. I don't have HD audio, but I can use the DVI connection to send it to the receiver even though is HDMI 1.4.
I don't think DVI handles high bitrate but you could try.  Display port to HDMI should but you would need an adapter if you don't have one.  KODI should not be switching the O/S HDR.  LavFilters/madVR do.  Yes, set madVR to BT.709 with passthrough.  SDR will look better.  BT.2020 HDR will take over when and if it's applied.  I'm guessing at some of this because I don't use DSP but the settings should apply.  This is why I suggest diagnosing from Explorer to eliminate KODI and just use the raw tools to establish the basics.

(2018-07-01, 22:28)brazen1 Wrote: I don't think DVI handles high bitrate but you could try.  Display port to HDMI should but you would need an adapter if you don't have one.  KODI should not be switching the O/S HDR.  LavFilters/madVR do.  Yes, set madVR to BT.709 with passthrough.  SDR will look better.  BT.2020 HDR will take over when and if it's applied.  I'm guessing at some of this because I don't use DSP but the settings should apply.  This is why I suggest diagnosing from Explorer to eliminate KODI and just use the raw tools to establish the basics.
Thanks for the reply.

I have a display port to HDMI adapter, so I'll try that once I have the video part working smoothly. I thought that the receiver not being able to display UHD resolution would limit the resolutions available to the TV, which is why I was using the onboard GPU.

Not sure what I can do from the desktop (I assume that is what you mean by explorer?), other than change MadVR, the resolution, turn HDR off and set up the sound.
I mean play the file from windows explorer.  Direct from the folder where your title is without KODI.  Make your LAV/madVR/Player adjustments, then add KODI.  If you use MPC-HC as your test player, the settings should be similar in DSPlayer once you add KODI.

(2018-07-01, 22:35)Garry74 Wrote:
(2018-07-01, 22:28)brazen1 Wrote: I don't think DVI handles high bitrate but you could try.  Display port to HDMI should but you would need an adapter if you don't have one.  KODI should not be switching the O/S HDR.  LavFilters/madVR do.  Yes, set madVR to BT.709 with passthrough.  SDR will look better.  BT.2020 HDR will take over when and if it's applied.  I'm guessing at some of this because I don't use DSP but the settings should apply.  This is why I suggest diagnosing from Explorer to eliminate KODI and just use the raw tools to establish the basics.
 Thanks for the reply.

I have a display port to HDMI adapter, so I'll try that once I have the video part working smoothly.

Not sure what I can do from the desktop (I assume that is what you mean by explorer?), other than change MadVR, the resolution, turn HDR off and set up the sound. 
If you get things working in MPC-HC or MPC-BE, then the settings should carry over to DSPlayer as long as it is launching fullscreen. Having HDR engage would be because you have the OS HDR switch in Windows enabled, or you are sending the wrong gamut to the display. Set calibration in madVR to BT.709 and hdr to passthrough to the display with send metadata checked. Under that scenario, I can't see how 1080p content would engage HDR in madVR. This would not likely be the fault of DSPlayer.

The dual-GPU set up you had before might have been what was confusing DSPlayer with your past issue.
(2018-07-01, 22:40)brazen1 Wrote: I mean play the file from windows explorer.  Direct from the folder where your title is without KODI.  Make your LAV/madVR/Player adjustments, then add KODI.  If you use MPC-HC as your test player, the settings should be similar in DSPlayer once you add KODI.
 Never used MPC-HC, so I'll give it a go.

Not sure the adaptor will work for the audio though. I think it limits the resolution available to the TV to the highest resolution in the HDMI chain, which will be 1080p. I'll try it though.
(2018-07-01, 22:41)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-07-01, 22:35)Garry74 Wrote:
 Thanks for the reply.

I have a display port to HDMI adapter, so I'll try that once I have the video part working smoothly.

If you get things working in MPC-HC or MPC-BE, then the settings should carry over to DSPlayer as long as it is launching fullscreen. Having HDR engage would be because you have the OS HDR switch in Windows enabled, or you are sending the wrong gamut to the display. Set calibration in madVR to BT.709 and hdr to passthrough to the display with send metadata checked. Under that scenario, I can't see how 1080p content would engage HDR in madVR. This would not likely be the fault of DSPlayer.

The dual-GPU set up you had before might have been what was confusing DSPlayer with your past issue. 
 Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go.

If I can get HD audio working at the end of it all, that would be a bonus.
Before I go testing with MPC-HC I thought I would give it one last go. So I have disabled the HDR in windows. I have turned off updating the refresh rate in Kodi, so this is handled by MadVR.

I can now play 1080p24 correctly, but when I play 2160p24 movies they look washed out. Do I need to set the colour to 2020 in MadVR?
(2018-07-01, 23:12)Garry74 Wrote: Before I go testing with MPC-HC I thought I would give it one last go. So I have disabled the HDR in windows. I have turned off updating the refresh rate in Kodi, so this is handled by MadVR.

I can now play 1080p24 correctly, but when I play 2160p24 movies they look washed out. Do I need to set the colour to 2020 in MadVR?
 No, madVR will just passthrough any BT.2020 content. Calibration only applies to SDR content or HDR -> SDR conversion. HDR content is a simple passthrough operation if you ticked that option. 

Is HDR mode engaging? If so, the next step is to calibrate your display in HDR mode or try some of the other hdr options. The madVR guide has some more detail on the various hdr options if you get that far. It is important the metadata is making it to the display first. That is usually the best option if your display has decent tone mapping and a dedicated HDR mode.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7