• 37(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2018-07-04, 06:27)ajamils Wrote: Does the DSPlayer Krypton version not support external player? I am trying to use PowerDVD to play 3D movies and everything else via DSPlayer but it does not work. Even with the settings in playercorefactory.xml, it keeps playing the file with DsPlayer.
 I am using external players with DSPlayer. The rules for 3D have been problematic for some. Have you been able to launch the player using "Play using..."?
These are the rules I have set on my laptop. They appear to be working correctly:

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*Capote.*" player="MPC-HC" />
    <rule filename=".*(DVD).*" player="VideoPlayer" />
    <rule filetypes="flv" player="VideoPlayer" />        
    </rules>
I've set everything up, but with every playback I have video and sound start for a second, then freeze for several seconds, then continue for a couple of seconds, then pause for another 8-10 seconds, then play smoothly for the whole movie. This is true for all videos - 1080p, 4K, 3D... I have tried CUID and DX11, wait with different frame buffer times (1 to 16 seconds) - same result. I tried on 4K projector and normal 1080p monitor. Plain KODI (Krypton without DSPlayer) and PowerDVD play smoothly without any problems. It's only DSPlayer/madVR that does it. I have older core i7 with GTX 1050 Ti GPU. Kodi worked for ages even with weaker CPU without any hiccups on 1080p files. I don't understand what the problem is. Any advise on what I can try to stop this annoying hiccup each time a movie starts?
(2018-07-26, 18:07)romandesign Wrote: I've set everything up, but with every playback I have video and sound start for a second, then freeze for several seconds, then continue for a couple of seconds, then pause for another 8-10 seconds, then play smoothly for the whole movie. This is true for all videos - 1080p, 4K, 3D... I have tried CUID and DX11, wait with different frame buffer times (1 to 16 seconds) - same result. I tried on 4K projector and normal 1080p monitor. Plain KODI (Krypton without DSPlayer) and PowerDVD play smoothly without any problems. It's only DSPlayer/madVR that does it. I have older core i7 with GTX 1050 Ti GPU. Kodi worked for ages even with weaker CPU without any hiccups on 1080p files. I don't understand what the problem is. Any advise on what I can try to stop this annoying hiccup each time a movie starts?
 It sounds like the video decoding queue is having trouble filling. It is the first queue in the rendering stats to fill. Try reducing your madVR settings as a starting point. Lower the CPU, GPU and present queues in madVR (to 8/8/6) (you will also have to lower the present queue in DSPlayer to match). Disable fullscreen exclusive mode. That alone could be causing the problem. Your old CPU might also be interfering with hardware decoding, but that would be the last concern.

Lastly, try playing something in MPC-BE to rule out DSPlayer as the problem.
Is there a way to use Lav Filters which are installed in windows instead of those which come with DSPlayer?
I would like to use the latest version of Lav Filters which I also use for mpc be.
Also I got the problem that opening the Lav Filter settings from within Kodi the settings dialog is rendered incorrectly and I can just see and change some of the settings.

NoTechi
(2018-08-09, 17:52)NoTechi Wrote: Is there a way to use Lav Filters which are installed in windows instead of those which come with DSPlayer?
I would like to use the latest version of Lav Filters which I also use for mpc be.
Also I got the problem that opening the Lav Filter settings from within Kodi the settings dialog is rendered incorrectly and I can just see and change some of the settings.

NoTechi
You can take the 32-bit or 64-bit version of LAV Filters installed on your CPU and move them to the following directory (overwriting the old files):

Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer\LAVFilters

You might want to backup the existing files in that directory in case something goes wrong.

There is an issue with DPI scaling with the LAV Filters panels. You can either change the settings within DSPlayer settings under the listing for the property page by keyboard or remote, or lower the DPI scaling in Windows and make changes before returning to your old zoom setting. Only part of the dialog should be cut-off.
Hi - thanks very much for this wonderful 'How to'!
Everything is mostly working well, apart from occasional glitches I can live with. One development I would appreciate your advice on is as follows.
Under devices in madVR settings, my original Sony TV device now has 5 identification tabs instead of the original one tab, and a second Sony TV device has appeared, with different date of manufacture and different wide gamut capabilities (see pics). Is this anything to be concerned about? Should I just remove the original device?
Cheers
Steve
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0p4n9yin0bw9v...1.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkun1f9s9c0y6m...2.PNG?dl=0
WIN10 Home|Asus Prime B450 Plus|Ryzen 2700x|16GB|GTX 1080Ti|Samsung EVO SSD system drive|unRaid server/NAS for media storage|Denon AVR-X2400H|Sony OLED 65A8F|Kodi 17.6 (DSPlayer)|Madvr
(2018-08-16, 11:54)steviewunda Wrote: Hi - thanks very much for this wonderful 'How to'!
Everything is mostly working well, apart from occasional glitches I can live with. One development I would appreciate your advice on is as follows.
Under devices in madVR settings, my original Sony TV device now has 5 identification tabs instead of the original one tab, and a second Sony TV device has appeared, with different date of manufacture and different wide gamut capabilities (see pics). Is this anything to be concerned about? Should I just remove the original device?
Cheers
Steve
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0p4n9yin0bw9v...1.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkun1f9s9c0y6m...2.PNG?dl=0
 That does look strange. Every time the HDMI handshake occurs, madVR reads the EDID and populates the connected device. It rarely creates new devices, but it does happen. I'm not sure what to do with it. You could delete all of that and a new device would be created when madVR is restarted. I'm not sure if you can do that or not. The device with the extra capabilities is the one I'd want. As long as everything is working correctly, it shouldn't matter.

Did you change inputs on the TV or switch to a different picture profile? It looks like a change in firmware when the date of manufacture changes.
Good point - I was trying to find a way of disabling the Sony OSD that pops up every time you watch a different video, or change volume. One suggestion was to disable Bravia Sync and change the HDMI input to a non-ARC input - nothing has worked and it doesn't appear to be possible. Pretty pathetic capability from 2 brand new Sony components (A8f OLED TV and STR-DH790 receiver).

So it would have been the change of HDMI input that caused the EDID change. I found a response from Madshi to someone with a similar problem which describes how to replace the active device with the new device, so I'll give that a try and report back (in case someone has a similar problem).

If anyone has any suggestions for disabling the OSD I'd love to hear them. I've been thru all menus on TV and receiver and played with all combinations of HDMI control, Bravia Sync, etc that I can find. Maybe the service menu could be an option
Cheers
Steve
WIN10 Home|Asus Prime B450 Plus|Ryzen 2700x|16GB|GTX 1080Ti|Samsung EVO SSD system drive|unRaid server/NAS for media storage|Denon AVR-X2400H|Sony OLED 65A8F|Kodi 17.6 (DSPlayer)|Madvr
You can just delete devices in the control panel, if you didn't know this. I don't know if you can delete all devices, but you can remove inactive devices.
You can't remove the active device unless you use Madshi's workaround - see post 36206 from https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t...&page=1811
Hello!

I use Kodi DSPlayer with MadVR and the Reclock audio renderer. Thank you for your detailed guide! I have consulted it many times in the past years with great results. However, when upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am faced with a problem:
  • My use-case relies on the Kodi DSPlayer staying maximized even when out-of-focus (multi-monitor setup).
  • My setup under Windows 7 relies on 'MadVR Fullscreen Exclusive mode'. Without it (in 'fullscreen windowed mode') I suffer stuttering and performance drops, even when the debugging OSD lists no problems (e.g. stuttering even though dropped/repeated/delayed frames is listed as 0/0/0).
  • 'MadVR Fullscreen Exclusive Mode' glitches out in Windows 10 when it detects (accidental) cursor movement.
I have previously tried a custom always-on-top Kodi build with reasonable success (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258640). This build allowed me to select 'true fullscreen mode' in Kodi and check an option for 'always-on-top', which prevents Kodi from minimising. This solves the performance issues associated with 'fullscreen windowed mode', but naturally this build doesn't have MadVR integration.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to proceed? I have no idea how to troubleshoot the performance issues in'fullscreen windowed mode'  and as far as I'm aware there is no workaround for using 'MadVR Fullscreen Exclusive mode' in Windows 10. Are there any other methods to run Kodi DSPlayer in 'true fullscreen' without minimising during multitask? Or maybe an alternative to 'MadVR Fullscreen Exclusive mode'?

Thanks in advance!
Fullscreen exclusive mode may have to be replaced in Windows 10 because Windows hasn't put any support behind maintaining it. It is something that has been mentioned, but I have no idea if madshi has even considered doing something to address this. Windowed mode is the way to go in Windows 10 if you can get it to playback all of your content.

Launcher4Kodi can force consistent focus of Kodi regardless of the Kodi window state (up to every second, I think) . I don't know how this works with a multi-monitor setup or if Kodi will still minimize when you move to another monitor.
(2018-08-22, 19:18)Warner306 Wrote: Fullscreen exclusive mode may have to be replaced in Windows 10 because Windows hasn't put any support behind maintaining it. It is something that has been mentioned, but I have no idea if madshi has even considered doing something to address this. Windowed mode is the way to go in Windows 10 if you can get it to playback all of your content.

Launcher4Kodi can force consistent focus of Kodi regardless of the Kodi window state (up to every second, I think) . I don't know how this works with a multi-monitor setup or if Kodi will still minimize when you move to another monitor.
Cheers for the suggestion! Though sadly you suspected right about Launcher4Kodi and the multiple monitors; it will still minimise.

Funnily enough the FSE mode is actually what drew me to into all this stuff two years back. I'd never even heard of MadVR before I randomly stumbled upon your guide looking for a fix for the stutter problem. It felt like an absolute godsend, since I had been wasting my hard earned holidays trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Instead of going back to the question of why the fullscreen windowed mode has so many playback issues on my system, or why it seems to bork reclock etc. (I guess it must have something to do with my hardware), I'll just roll back to Windows 7.

I have tried to make custom resolutions (my GTX1070 -> HDTV frequencies are wildy innacurate, though it supports everything from 23-60hz) to see what would happen. This was before the new MadVR custom modes, and done with manual math (so I could easily have made mistakes), but the frequency would always easily over- or undershoot. The manually calculated and then trial-and-errored sweetspot wasn't accepted by the GPU and HDTV.

Maybe I should look into your other guide concerning the use of MPC(+lav and reclock) as an external player? I don't know how likely it is that DSPlayer is the culprit, but replacing it is one of the only things I haven't tried

EDIT:
I did a quick test with MPC-HC. My test file stutters at the exact same moments in MPC-HC as it does in DSPlayer. Meanwhile, dropped/repeated/delayed/presentation glitch counts remains the same after initial hiccups:

The stutters are much more noticeable than dropped/repeated/delayed frames as well. I have the feeling it might have to do with my other display which is a PG278Q (notoriously buggy, for one, it floods the EDID with crazy amounts of refresh rates and resolutions, which also caused problems in the past). Unless there's a trick to fix windowed borderless mode on my setup, I guess I'm stuck with FSE mode on Windows 7 Sad

EDITEDIT:

I've decided to continue testing and troubleshooting since I eventually need to make the switch to Windows 10 regardless. Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot the borderless windowed mode would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I should take this issue to a different forum/thread please let me know.

I've noticed that when in borderless windowed mode, the debug OSD reports the composition rate of the primary monitor, rather than the secondary monitor on which Kodi DSPlayer is playing (see above screenshot). Could this be the cause of the playback issues?
(2018-08-22, 20:37)Minkymork Wrote:
(2018-08-22, 19:18)Warner306 Wrote:  
EDITEDIT:

I've decided to continue testing and troubleshooting since I eventually need to make the switch to Windows 10 regardless. Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot the borderless windowed mode would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I should take this issue to a different forum/thread please let me know.

I've noticed that when in borderless windowed mode, the debug OSD reports the composition rate of the primary monitor, rather than the secondary monitor on which Kodi DSPlayer is playing (see above screenshot). Could this be the cause of the playback issues? 
 I would create an account at doom9 and post in the madVR support forum. Your usage case is pretty similar to other users using desktop media players and someone there may know if there is a solution.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7