• 38(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Question Do you install DS player over your excisting Kodi install and into the same folder? I don't want to lose my current configuration is why I ask
The is only one userdata folder in Windows, so you can't get around that. You could try a portable installation.
Everything is working great, thank you for the guide.

Everything except the audio, my speakers only support Dolby Digital, previously Kodi would transcode DTS to Dolby Digital 5.1.

Now i have to rely on the source having an AC3 stream or it converts to stereo.

How can I get the lav filters to convert DTS 5.1 to Dolby Digital 5.1?
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
You can't. LAV Audio is designed to passthrough audio with only basic conversions.

You can try FFDShow or AC3Filter as an extra filter in DSPlayer and use it as your audio decoder.
Anyone have any experience configuring audio to output to a Denon AVR? I've got a new receiver a Denon AVR-X3400H, I'm able to get plain ole Kodi to bitstream DTS-HD Master to the receiver, but Kodi w/ DSPlayer is having issues. I have everything setup to bitstream, LAV audio, Sanear is selected and set to bitstream in the DSPlayer settings, and Kodi's own player's audio, but the receiver still sees the DTS-HD Master track as just plain DTS. I can confirm that the file contains DTS-HD Master, because if I used Kodi's own player it bitstreams fine.

Any ideas? Is there some way to configure Sanear from outside of Kodi? Thanks!

EDIT: Was able to get it working, kinda. Had to download and install Sanear through Github, then select it in Kodi and use that instead. Still can't get the internal Sanear implementation working correctly.
They should be the same thing, so that doesn't make much sense. I would have guessed you checked the wrong thing in LAV Audio.
They might be the same, but I suspect there's a bug in the Kodi DSPlayer UI where my settings for Internal Sanear aren't being applied properly.
(2018-10-14, 17:14)Warner306 Wrote: You can't. LAV Audio is designed to passthrough audio with only basic conversions.

You can try FFDShow or AC3Filter as an extra filter in DSPlayer and use it as your audio decoder.

Thank you, but Sonos still doesn't seem to like it, i set AC3Filter to 5.1 but Sonos still reports stereo.

And a previous AC3 stream that would output in Dolby Digital 5.1 also outputs as stereo. I have uninstalled AC3FILTER for now.

Is there a way to use the standard Kodi audio renderer? That seemed to hand over to Sonos flawlessly.
It doesn't sound like AC3Filter is working correctly. Did you try sending PCM audio from LAV Filters, or does AC3Filter replace LAV? It is getting old, so maybe it isn't compatible with current software.

The only other option I know of for transcoding audio is FFDShow Audio. You can't use the internal Kodi audio renderer because it is not a DirectShow filter. DirectShow audio renderers are in short supply now that most DirectShow media players use its own internal audio renderers.

If you want to check if you missed something, the user manual for AC3Filter can be found here: http://www.ac3filter.net/files/docs/ac3f...r_eng.html
(2018-11-02, 15:45)Warner306 Wrote: It doesn't sound like AC3Filter is working correctly. Did you try sending PCM audio from LAV Filters, or does AC3Filter replace LAV? It is getting old, so maybe it isn't compatible with current software.

The only other option I know of for transcoding audio is FFDShow Audio. You can't use the internal Kodi audio renderer because it is not a DirectShow filter. DirectShow audio renderers are in short supply now that most DirectShow media players use its own internal audio renderers.

If you want to check if you missed something, the user manual for AC3Filter can be found here: http://www.ac3filter.net/files/docs/ac3f...r_eng.html

Just read the manual, i am pretty sure i had AC3 Encode unchecked, because i thought that ment "encode AC3 streams" what it actually means is "Encode steams to AC3"

-Doh!

I will test again tonight, thank you.
(2018-11-02, 16:05)TheBuz Wrote:
(2018-11-02, 15:45)Warner306 Wrote: It doesn't sound like AC3Filter is working correctly. Did you try sending PCM audio from LAV Filters, or does AC3Filter replace LAV? It is getting old, so maybe it isn't compatible with current software.

Just read the manual, i am pretty sure i had AC3 Encode unchecked, because i thought that ment "encode AC3 streams" what it actually means is "Encode steams to AC3"

-Doh!

I will test again tonight, thank you.

I am on mobile and it's not letting me edit for some reason.

But thank you Warner306!

For anybody having this problem (especially with Sonos) SPDIF MUST BE CHECKED FOR AC3 ENCODE TO WORK. I am using HDMI so never thought to tick the SPDIF box.

Wow what ride.

Now i just need to sort out the video, it's too black in dark scenes.

I have calibrated my TV. Which order would you suggest making adjustments in?

I have done it in this order so far

1. Calibrate TV using TV settings
2. Adjust graphics card (GTX 1080) options to in-built reference images
3. Minor tweaks in MadVR (i think I'll have to run through the guide again)
(2018-11-02, 18:32)TheBuz Wrote:
(2018-11-02, 16:05)TheBuz Wrote:
(2018-11-02, 15:45)Warner306 Wrote:  

1. Calibrate TV using TV settings
2. Adjust graphics card (GTX 1080) options to in-built reference images
3. Minor tweaks in MadVR (i think I'll have to run through the guide again)   
1. It helps to have a calibration disc, but I would do the following:

Look up your display on RTINGS.com and enter the values provided there. Due to panel variance, you won't get a perfect grayscale calibration, but you can usually get close, and certainly much closer than the factory calibration. RTINGS calibrates the backlight in SDR mode to 100 nits, so you will usually want to make that brighter to your taste.

SDR Mode: Recheck black and white clipping with these patterns (the MP4 version) and these for black 16 and white 235.

HDR Mode: You need to send an HDR signal to trigger the display's HDR mode. These free HDR10 test patterns can do the job. The general recommendation is to avoid adjusting the brightness and contrast controls in HDR mode because they are pre-configured from the factory to work best with the display's tone mapping, and you don't want to upset this brightness curve. Some displays will share the grayscale and primary color controls with SDR mode, in which case the settings from RTINGS would be used. If they aren't, it is best to stick with those from the factory or attempt to mine some settings from an AVS Forum thread for your display.

A dim HDR picture during the daytime is normal because there is no gamma curve like SDR to make it brighter. It is best to watch HDR in a dim or dark room. You should first confirm HDR mode is active. Typically, a logo will appear on the display and the TV information should report a BT.2020 HDR source input.

2. Adjust the GPU as described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2739438

3. Select passthrough HDR to display in madVR. There isn't much more to it than that. If you have an AMD GPU, you must output from madVR at 10-bits.
Hi,
i have finally installed a new HTPC with Kodi 17.6 DS Player and madVR. Everything is fine and running but i have a question to audio:

Dolby Atmos is not working correctly. The PC is connected to the Denon AVR X4400H and everything is set to bitstream. When i now play a UHD with Atmos, the Denon only shows "Dolby True HD", instead of Dolby Atmos. So, what do i have to change to get the Atmos sound running correctly?

I just wanted to updat the LAV filters to 0.73.1 and have one more question:
Do i have to use the x86 or the x64? Windows system is running in 64 bit mode, but the Kodi 17.6 with DS Player is still 32 bit version (I think there is no available 64 bit version?)? So, what do i have to install?
If you check TrueHD in LAV Filters and bitstreaming in DSPlayer, TrueHD will be sent to the receiver. Dolby Atmos is contained within the TrueHD container, so the required setting should be on your Denon receiver and not the PC.

To update LAV Filters, determine which version of DSPlayer you installed from the download page. There is both a 32-bit and 64-bit version.
I've just updated madVR, from 0.92.14,  to the latest and now subtitles on remuxes no longer display. They work fine on encodes and I'm able to load external .srt files for the remux and that works ok too. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's causing this. I've tried reverting back to the version I was using and that hasn't fixed the problem, so I'm back on the latest again. The reason why I think it's madVR related is the exact same problems are present when playing files through MPC-HC.

I'm running Kodi DSP 17.6, setup using the guides here and it was working well up until updating madVR. I'm not sure what info is needed to help troubleshoot, so just let me know. If I need to include a log, what should I do while logging?

Many thanks.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7