• 45(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Thanks will look into it.

I tried playing HDR content with Direct3D Presentation settings enabled on Direct3D 9. It seems i doesn't start HDR on that one. However when i use Direct3D 11 (no vsync) it pops up. Is this normal? and HDR only works on these settings?

One last question. I am trying to use Cinemavision with madVR. I got some issue with Refresh Rates on my end (No input detected). It has to do with the ''display modes'' section in the madVR settings. When i leave the ''switch to'' bar empty i get no issues, but the movie has a different refresh rate so that will make me have bad frames.
So what i actually want, is that the short trailers i use aren't being changed. Best thing would be that the refresh rate stays the same except when the movie starts. I got a little script from Cinemavision that should disable the refresh rate sync. But i get the feeling it doesnt overwrite madVR's settings. Could u confirm that any other sources can't effect the settings madVR uses? Maybe there is a setting in madVR that i missed that could help this issue?

Looking forward seeing a reply
(2020-03-29, 01:01)Paynemaster Wrote: Thanks will look into it.

I tried playing HDR content with Direct3D Presentation settings enabled on Direct3D 9. It seems i doesn't start HDR on that one. However when i use Direct3D 11 (no vsync) it pops up. Is this normal? and HDR only works on these settings?

One last question. I am trying to use Cinemavision with madVR. I got some issue with Refresh Rates on my end (No input detected). It has to do with the ''display modes'' section in the madVR settings. When i leave the ''switch to'' bar empty i get no issues, but the movie has a different refresh rate so that will make me have bad frames.
So what i actually want, is that the short trailers i use aren't being changed. Best thing would be that the refresh rate stays the same except when the movie starts. I got a little script from Cinemavision that should disable the refresh rate sync. But i get the feeling it doesnt overwrite madVR's settings. Could u confirm that any other sources can't effect the settings madVR uses? Maybe there is a setting in madVR that i missed that could help this issue?

Looking forward seeing a reply

Using Direct3D 11 to have HDR support is normal.

CinemaVision wasn't officially supported anymore not that long ago. It doesn't generally work well with DSPlayer. If you wan't to bypass madVR, the only thing I can think of would be to create a playercorefactory.xml and add a filename tag to your intro videos and create a rule to have these files played by MPC-HC instead of DSPlayer. Then enable the refresh rate switcher in MPC-HC, which will override madVR, and set all video frame rates to be played at 60 Hz by MPC-HC. The main feature could then be left to DSPlayer with proper refresh rate matching.

I am not certain how that would work in practice, but that is all that I can think of.
Hey. Hopefully there will be an update in the future that addresses this issue.

What about .Iso and Blu-ray Menus. Is there no support whatsoever?
No, DSPlayer wasn't really designed for ISOs and Blu-ray menu support. A major update would be required.
(2020-03-23, 09:38)Warner306 Wrote: There are newer builds here, but they are still based on Krypton 17.6:

351534 (thread)
Thank you. Will try that out. Any plan for bringing it up to official Kodi version?
I can't see it happening unless the Krypton version stops working. From what I've read, updating to v18 would require a considerable amount of work.
(2018-11-26, 21:36)Razorbob Wrote: I too am using the latest x64 build. I think my problem with the external filters is I didn't realise I had to change the filter management settings. I shall refer back to the guide and give it another crack. Thanks again for your continuing help.

Hello
I have the exact same problem : PGS subtitles are not displayed with DSPlayer 17.7 x64 and the latest external filters.
They are working if using EVR instead of MadVR but i don't see why.

If anyone gort an idea... i spent hours on this with no results, going from 17.6 to 17.7, x32 to x64, internal to latest external filters... no difference...
Post a screenshot of your settings for LAV Splitter and XySubFilter. It is usually a setting in there.

Also, do a search of the official DSPlayer thread and this thread. This issue has been discussed in the past.
I made a few more tests and most of the PGS subtitles are working, but some are not.
I don't know why but DSPlayer or MadVR seems more picky than EVR.

My research did not help a lot, i don't know if there's a way to fix this.
Hello,

I have followed your tutorial. its working fine. Thank you.
How do you do post on this site  i am not sure..... 

Can any one help i have a TV top box  MXQ pro and i am useing on my tv i have downloaded Kodi..... HTTP//... etc etc...  but i am not getting up the kodi front page that shows all the

films, series,  game,s  ETC... can any one help.. Thanks Carl   Sorry if i have put this to some ones post thaqt has nothing to do with it ..
It sounds like you should be posting here: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59.

You also need to start here: Quick Start Guide
Hiya folks.
Is there any possibility to get kodi to force launching into 24hz. And when exit into 60hz?
Not that I'm aware of. But there might be some external Windows software that is capable of that.

Not sure why you would want to launch Kodi at 24 Hz. The menus are laggier than when running at 60 Hz.
Well I got frame drops with madvr when the source is not the same as the output.

I am using Cinemavision as I mentioned earlier. I got issues with playing media in different hz. I fix the big issues with putting the display at the same hz as the movie. But I need 60hz outside of kodi that's why I would like it to return to 60hz
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7