Apple Watch App for Kodi Remote
+1 for Official Kodi Apple Watch support
(2015-04-27, 14:22)AugustGrey Wrote: I use the buttons to navigate the onscreen interface of XMBC.

For instance, it is the only way to adjust the "zoom" level of a video, since you have to navigate the video menu -> down botton, to zoom option -> enter -> Left/right button, to the desired zoom level -> back button, to go back to the video.

Or if I want to power down the whole PC, I can go "back" to Kodi's main screen, and "arrow down" to power, and "arrow down" to power off system, and "enter" to turn it off.

Basically, if you can use those [arrow/enter/back] buttons, you can use practically every feature of Kodi by navigating it's menus.

The remote I used on my pebble watch had many of the same functions as the "Remote Control" portion of the official Kodi Remote, (only no touch screen).

Also, please let us know when you have added these features, because I will definitely purchase the first app to add these features to the watch.

Thank you!

Thanks for clarifying! I've just submitted an update to Apple including arrows keys as well as enter, back, info & context buttons. Should go live within the next few days. However, I think both features you described could be solved with dedicated buttons rather than using the arrows. But you are right about the possibility to use basically every Kodi feature with those buttons so it's definitely a nice addition to the app. Thanks!
I just bought Sofa for Kodi because you added the navigation arrows! It works great.

Will you add volume controls to the app as well? This is the only thing I am missing.

Also, the menu button [3 lines/"hamburger" button under remote section] doesn't do anything on either of my Kodi installs.

Please let me know. Thank you so much!
I just installed Sofa for Kodi as well, nice work with it Wolax!

By the way - it took me a little while to figure it out, but really love the use of force touch to switch between Kodis without cluttering up the UI.
Great app Wolax, thanks.

One additional feature I'd like is quick acces to recently added movies and shows. Any chance of adding to to-do list?
Is it just me or do all of the current Apple Watch Kodi apps either look ugly or lack basic functionality? To me I'd like to see a glance that shows the fanart, currently playing title (not long ugly file name) and finish time. The app should have basic controls such as play/pause, stop and +/- 30 sec. overlaying the fanart. Another screen should have nav controls and a third screen for currently playing info like synopsis etc. personally I'd never really find content to watch from my watch but if there was a voice search that would be amazing. Just my 2 cents.
(2015-08-21, 19:30)jer78 Wrote: Is it just me or do all of the current Apple Watch Kodi apps either look ugly or lack basic functionality? To me I'd like to see a glance that shows the fanart, currently playing title (not long ugly file name) and finish time. The app should have basic controls such as play/pause, stop and +/- 30 sec. overlaying the fanart. Another screen should have nav controls and a third screen for currently playing info like synopsis etc. personally I'd never really find content to watch from my watch but if there was a voice search that would be amazing. Just my 2 cents.

So why not make it yourself then? You just need a mac. You can download xcode from the mac store for free.
The API's for Kodi are very well documented.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-08-22, 08:46)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 19:30)jer78 Wrote: Is it just me or do all of the current Apple Watch Kodi apps either look ugly or lack basic functionality? To me I'd like to see a glance that shows the fanart, currently playing title (not long ugly file name) and finish time. The app should have basic controls such as play/pause, stop and +/- 30 sec. overlaying the fanart. Another screen should have nav controls and a third screen for currently playing info like synopsis etc. personally I'd never really find content to watch from my watch but if there was a voice search that would be amazing. Just my 2 cents.

So why not make it yourself then? You just need a mac. You can download xcode from the mac store for free.
The API's for Kodi are very well documented.

You're right. It is a good idea. iOS development seems so intimidating for me since I only know a limited amount of programming but I should definitely learn.
(2015-04-01, 12:59)joethefox Wrote: I feel that this request could stay alone for a long time, let's see how many other people will follow the same request

Although not many people have commented on this, it's had 10,000+ views, so I guess a lot of people must be searching for it??

Any plans to develop it?
Here is nice and simple app dedicated for apple watch: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/watch-ko...1154507759
HI, I would like an Apple Watch Kodi app as an extension of the main app installed on the iPhone, what I mean is I have Kodi installed on iPhone 7 so I can control Kodi (installed on my iPhone). last time I check on apple watch it only shows volume up an down. To me I'd like to see a glance that shows the fanart, currently playing title (not long ugly file name) and finish time. The app should have basic controls such as play/pause, stop and +/- 30 sec. overlaying the fanart. Another screen should have nav controls and a third screen for currently playing info like synopsis etc.
Hi, new to kodi and i this for me was the first research who i made. Actually i usr my iphone with the official app on one and and the other hand is between the macbook and ipad whit the same. for me the watch one can be a killer app! For the other developers who promote here theirs i suggest, if i may, to use use propose a free version for 7 day just for try before purchase, is not for the money by itself but i personally try first the slternative in order to find the one who
fit better, for now Kodi select is my fav even if the fw/rw on my apple watch s2 do noy work, because the touchpoint was probably for the new ones.
watch support is quite close already, plan to include it in one after the next release. https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...OS/pull/91
(2021-04-13, 09:43)kambala Wrote: watch support is quite close already, plan to include it in one after the next release. https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...OS/pull/91

SUPER!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Watch App for Kodi Remote1