XBMC not picking up MediaElch changes
Hi Guys - I have all my movies stored on my NAS and I've been updating them using MediaElch but when I clean and then update the movie library in XBMC it does not pick up any of the changes. Any ideas as to what settings I may need to change?

Thanks
I'm guessing your NAS has been setup to use NFS shares and not SMB shares? If that is true, then you need to read about the issues Kodi is having with NFS shares. Basically, the work around I've read, is that you need to map the NAS shares as a drive on your HTPC.

Check out this thread...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221134

If not NFS, then I'm guessing there is something wrong with your share (wrong permissions, no login and password, etc).
Hi - I've actually got an smb share setup. I can see artwork downloaded dumping things into each of my movie folders so it's writting to the nas but it's not reading. Within artwork dowloader I've switch on use local but Ive a feeling that local means the minix box that is running xbmc so that's not working either....
Need more details of your setup.

1. So you are connecting to your NAS with a Minix box. Does it see the Movies, but there is no artwork with them?

2. If it sees the Movies, have you tried reloading the Movie (while the Movie is highlighted, click 'I' and click Reload, then when it asks to Reload from the Internet select 'NO' as you want it to use local artwork. Did this fix the issue? If yes, then you probably need to remove the share from your HTPC, and re-add it, and it should pull in all the artwork.

3. Which Skin are you using? Does it support the version of Kodi you are using? Not all skins are up to date with the features Kodi has, so some stuff might not work.

4. If you are using MediaElch, you should have all the artwork in the Movie folder (you do have all your Movies in separate folders right?). If 'Yes' then verify you see all the artwork under the Movie folder on your NAS. If this is also 'Yes', then it's probably a permissions issue, see 6 below.

5. I only use Artwork Downloader to get Kodi to see my disc.png files (which in the AeonMQ skin puts the spinning discs next to the Posters when scrolling through Movies). For some reason, just having the artwork with the Movie doesn't trigger this effect.

6. Does your Kodi install have a login and password setup? Not for logging into Kodi, but under the Networking Section. Did you add this to your NAS share? If either of these is No, then you have to add this to both.
1) I have artwork for everything but this is from artwork downloader and not mediaelch

2) I haven't tried reloading so will give that a shot

3) I am using a minix x8-h plus with xbmc gotham (comes pre-loaded) and aeon mq5 skin

4) Yes each movie has its own folder on the nas and I can see all the artwork in each individual folder. In each movie folder I can also see two extra folders; extrafanart and extrathumbs. I believe that artwork downloader is created those folders.

On another note I can't seem to install extendedinfo script from a zip, and for that matter any other zip file. I was able to a few days back. When I install a zip it just goes straight back to the get zip screen. Can't even get total installer repo to install so I'm wondering whether I've got a more serious fault. I had extendedinfo installed and then I disabled it and it disappeared. I've deleted it manually from the file structure on the minix and when I run the zip file although nothing seems to happen I can see it recreates the folder in the file structure but I can't see anything within xbmc.

Thanks for the help so far
Sorry didn't see 5&6

I've looked under the network settings but can't see anywhere to add a username and password?
Check the Wiki Page...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services

See section 3 and 4. I know it sounds weird, but you have to set this up.

So, once you setup the Login and Password in Kodi, You need to add that login and password to your NAS, so Kodi has permission to access those files on your NAS. I had problems just giving it Read and Write permissions, which I changed to full control, and that fixed lots of issues many of the plugins.

Also, I'm confused, you said your using MediaElch (and the name of the thread says MediaElch), yet then you say your using Artwork Downloader. So which are you having issues with? Or is it just the artwork in general that isn't working for you?

For your Extendedinfo script, the latest release doesn't work right in MQ5. Check the MQ5 forum for a link to the one that works right. I had the same issue you pointed out, and had to find that right script to run under the MQ5 forums (can't be more specific as it's been awhile).
Thanks for the info. Will try and have a go at the permissions this weekend if I can. Might just be my lack of understanding with artwork dowloader. Do you have everything other than disc art switched off in artwork downloader? I have all options turned on so it downloaded all the artwork. I then discovered mediaelch and started to update some of the artwork and I then switched artwork dowloader to use local, but obviously all artwork is now downloaded and it's not picking up the mediaelch changes I've made.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not picking up MediaElch changes0