Delay in launching "Cinema" video
First off, love this skin -- very simple interface (high SAF, easy to navigate). Thanks!

The only problem I'm having is in launching video (TV Shows or Movies) using the "OK" button my remote. I click on the item I want to watch, the info panel comes up, and I click on the "Cinema" button. The screen jumps back to the library screen and advances to the next thumbnail, but nothing happens....sometimes for up to a minute. Eventually, it will start to buffer and then play. If I use my attached keyboard and press "P" on the thumbnail, it launches the buffering animation a lot faster (within a few seconds). But I'd rather not depend on the keyboard.

I'm running Kodi Helix (latest release) for Android. My media is on an NAS, mounted local using cifs. I don't see this kind of delay on other skins, so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware thing.

I'm not very familiar with posting logs, but if it's important I can probably figure it out. Thought I'd see if there's any immediate insights.

Thanks!
(2015-03-28, 14:21)kaadaq Wrote: First off, love this skin -- very simple interface (high SAF, easy to navigate). Thanks!

The only problem I'm having is in launching video (TV Shows or Movies) using the "OK" button my remote. I click on the item I want to watch, the info panel comes up, and I click on the "Cinema" button. The screen jumps back to the library screen and advances to the next thumbnail, but nothing happens....sometimes for up to a minute. Eventually, it will start to buffer and then play. If I use my attached keyboard and press "P" on the thumbnail, it launches the buffering animation a lot faster (within a few seconds). But I'd rather not depend on the keyboard.

I'm running Kodi Helix (latest release) for Android. My media is on an NAS, mounted local using cifs. I don't see this kind of delay on other skins, so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware thing.

I'm not very familiar with posting logs, but if it's important I can probably figure it out. Thought I'd see if there's any immediate insights.

Thanks!
kaadaq,

You need to get into either settings/video/file lists . And change " default settings action" to choose or play. Video will then play from the listitem. Or you will need to get in and disable the "cinema experience" script in the addons menu. Info screen for the video will then show play instead of cinema and will strangely enough play the video for you.

My best guess is that the cinema experience script you are using has some sort of problem under android (or you have not configured the script correctly). My skin will display the play button as a cinema button if the cinema script has been enabled. If you want the cinema script to run, you will need to ask in that sub forum for help on why you are seeing the delays before playing starts.

As to posting a log file, I discuss how to do that in this post, go take a read (will also be useful to you to know what info I need to better help you in the future)

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
The Cinema Experience program add-on was indeed causing the issue. Disabled that, and now I have a "Play" button instead of a "Cinema" button, and playback starts buffering almost immediately.

Thanks, Wyrm!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delay in launching "Cinema" video0