[Request] Skin Development - Unity
Hi All,

I don't know if this is the right section. If it isn't forgive me.

I came across an awesome WIP skin in the WIP forums. Its tentatively named Unity.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202847

The dev has stopped developing the skin, but have dumped the code on github.

It would be awesome if someone can take that up and finish it,. It's basically a confluence mod. The main problem with that is the Video OSD screen in which none of the buttons are visible.

If that is fixed, then the skin is usable. And this is one of the only skins that uses Material Design concepts in Kodi.

I hope someone takes up the skin to its completion.
Take a look at VideoOSD.xml and replace the 4 occurrences of

Code:
<top>82.5r</top>

with

Code:
<top>82r</top>
I have no idea what that does, but I did replace the four occurrences but its still the same...

Just a blank white rectangle..

I took a look at the source images and the icons that are used are all white and I think the dev used colorDiffuse to give color to the icons. May be it's not working? I am a total noob to Kodi skinning and I honestly have no idea whats wrong.
(2015-03-28, 20:36)manujosephv Wrote: It would be awesome if someone can take that up and finish it,. It's basically a confluence mod. The main problem with that is the Video OSD screen in which none of the buttons are visible.

Conditional Visibility is wrong in the VideoOSD.xml

Replace all entries

Code:
<visible>![Window.IsVisible(SliderDialog) | Window.IsVisible(OSDVideoSettings) | Window.IsVisible(OSDAudioSettings) | Window.IsVisible(VideoBookmarks) | Window.IsVisible(PVROSDChannels) | Window.IsVisible(PVROSDGuide)]</visible>

by

Code:
<visible>![Window.IsVisible(SliderDialog) + Window.IsVisible(OSDVideoSettings) + Window.IsVisible(OSDAudioSettings) + Window.IsVisible(VideoBookmarks) + Window.IsVisible(PVROSDChannels) + Window.IsVisible(PVROSDGuide)]</visible>

And you're OK.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
What version of Kodi are you running?
(2015-03-29, 14:13)Bumpaneer Wrote: What version of Kodi are you running?
15 Alpha 1

Then you've got a lot of work to do as Unity was for Gotham only. Since then we've had Helix officially released and you're now running Isengard.

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Helix

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Isengard

Also, shouldn't you just have just posted this request in the actual [Release] [ALPHA] Unity thread?
(2015-03-29, 15:27)Hitcher Wrote: Then you've got a lot of work to do as Unity was for Gotham only. Since then we've had Helix officially released and you're now running Isengard.

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Helix

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Isengard

Replied to the question for myself, not sure for who was the question (maybe not for me in fact). Don't know which version he's using. However you're right, there's a lot of work in this one for a Helix or Isengard use. Just fixed the OSD ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Skin Development - Unity0