Linux Kodi won't upgrade in Ubuntu 12.04 due to missing/uninstallable dependency
(2015-03-29, 01:15)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: Ubuntu update manager said there was an update to kodi and kodi-bin available, but would not let me check the boxes to install them. I have never had that happen before so I tried to do the update from a command prompt, and this is what I got:
Quote:$ sudo apt-get install kodi kodi-bin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi-bin : Depends: libyajl2 (>= 2.0.4) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and upgrading Ubuntu is NOT an option at this point. Have I hit the end of the line for Kodi updates, or is this something that can be resolved?
You are doing a great job, but I think you do not know what are you doing:
Now I changed to libreelec 7.03 with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 git c327c53 on a Raspberry PI B +
Every second time when I update an information of films, Kodi Jarvis 16.1 git c327c53 crashes.
It crashes too when I update the film information and then when I try to play ISO or img.
What are you thinking about you? Perfect coder or only a perfect show?
Never saw a unstable Program like kodi. You should start to work it over
from scratch and forget about xbmc as this is a program based on windows.
For my part I'm going to search an alternative: Kodi no Tanks for ever.
An advise for the Kodi crew: go to school again and learn good coding
Noted, thanks for your kind advice.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-14, 21:45)roberto16900 Wrote: Now I changed to libreelec 7.03 with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 git c327c53 on a Raspberry PI B +
Every second time when I update an information of films, Kodi Jarvis 16.1 git c327c53 crashes.

This isn't the right thread, possibly not even the right forum, to discuss Kodi crashing in LE.

Without a log nobody knows why Kodi is crashing - for all we know it might be due to a duff/banned add-on you've installed.

Post your crashlog using ssh:
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)
so that we can see why Kodi is crashing.

LibreELEC has many thousands of happy 7.0.3 users, and if we can help you we will.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't upgrade in Ubuntu 12.04 due to missing/uninstallable dependency0