PVR Radio stuttering
(2015-07-31, 11:21)RalphUp Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 09:54)mcelliott Wrote:
(2015-07-30, 13:30)RalphUp Wrote: If you pause the live playback then hit Play then the stuttering stops.

been a long term XBMC/Kodi user for Media playback, but have always used MCE for Live TV/Radio.
Looking at the MediaPortal as a solution for Live TV/Radio due to Windows 10 dropping MCE.

I can confirm this. I sometimes get a bit of stuttering on live TV and pausing also fixes that. I guess the buffering is not handled as well on Kodi as it is on MediaPortal over the network.

I don't actually have Kodi running on the PC that is being used as the TV server, so I can only comment on networked computers.

At least we have a workaround, but it would be better if Kodi could work out where it is getting ahead of itself and pause to get enough data from the server.

I have no issues with LIVE TV only Live Radio via LocalHost

Same here.

Better we should focus on the easier scenario, (which is failing) before movin to a bigger one. The network is not the problem. The basic feature fails.
I would like to jump into this topic as well. I'm using DVB Link but having the exact same Problem since KODI 15.
KODI 14 is working fine. Also KODI for Android Version 15 is running fine. Only my Windows Version is affected.
Also tried adjusting the buffers, without success.

It is a very frequent stuttering. The frequency differs from radio station to radio station. I think it has something to do with the bitrate, but its only a guess.

Someone of you guys solved it? I'm thinking of going back to Kodi 14.2
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
Hi,

Just wanted to add my own experience of the PVR DVB-S Radio stutter problem. I’m experiencing stutter on the following configurations..

Windows 15.0, 15.1 and 15.2rc1 with Mediaportal TV Server 1.12 (Client/Server)
Android 15.2 and Mediaportal TV Server 1.12

In all cases ‘pausing’ playback then ‘playing’ again stops the stutter. If a new radio channel is selected then stutter will start again until you ‘pause/play’ again.

In my configuration 14.2 works with Mediaportal TV Server 1.12 without any stutter problem.

I’ve also tested against DVBLink 5.1 PVR as well. Again with Kodi 14.2 there is no stutter but with all 15.* versions radio stations stutter occurs until you ‘pause/play’ again.

DVB-S TV stations all work fine. I don’t think the problem is anything to do with Mediaportal/DVBLink as they work fine with other clients. I think the problem is something specific to a change including in the move from 14.2 to 15.*. Possibly something to do with ffmpeg and/or, as suggested elsewhere, differences in the bitrate between radio and tv streams.

I’ve also tried the DirectX11 builds and these exhibit the same stutter problem.

Would welcome any suggestions on further investigating the root cause of this problem.

Many thanks.
I have exactly the same experience as Martini including resolution by pause and restart.

I too have Mediaportal TV Server (I think it's 1.11 or .1.12 - but I'd need to check, if it's pertinent).

My 14.x android client works. My Windows 15.0 and 15.1 do not.

Similarly, all TV stations are fine.

Hope that helps
Same here and I did not change anything in the plugin between 14.2 and 15 so it is something in Kodi itself that causes it.
As soon as I have time (still too busy with other things) I will see if I can figure out which change in 15.x is responsible for the hickups.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi - quick update. Still getting this problem with 15.2 RC2

Should I report it elsewhere to make sure it gets looked at as part of future changes/fixes?

Thanks.
An update.
Tried Kodi dsplayer (which uses directshow filters) and there's absolutely no stutter.
So, it's definitely kodi's fault, not Margro's plugin.
Don't know why it happens only with mediaportal backend, though.
Bye,
sdf
I too am having this problem (Stuttering on DVB-T Radio stations - Live TV is fine even for channels on the same transponder)

I am running the following

Windows 8.1
Mediaportal TV Server (Version 1.12.0.0)
Mediaportal PVR Client (Version 1.10.9)
kodi 15.1-Isengard

I would be happy to provide any further details required to help figure this out, should I upload my entire config setup for kodi? and or Media portal backend?

Anyway - just to confirm pausing the playback and starting it again fixes the stuttering until you change to another radio station.

Thanks
Tried 15.2rc3 As before, still get stuttering with radio channels.

Also get same problem with DVBLink backend.
Nothing will be changed in 15.2. Still did not have time to investigate this further...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
It's a bug in the player, not much any addon can't do about this. The issue is fixed in Fernet's player rewrite though.
Tried latest 129 version of Margro's plugin and there's no radio stuttering.
Anyone can confirm?
Thank you,
sdf
(2015-10-26, 12:53)sdfg Wrote: Tried latest 129 version of Margro's plugin and there's no radio stuttering.
Anyone can confirm?
Thank you,
sdf
Use 129 version and stuttering still persists!
JiRo
Ooops! You're right! It was still dsplayer version that has not that problem.
Bye,
sdf
(2015-10-19, 08:44)negge Wrote: Look at advancedsettings.xml (wiki), search that page for "minaudiocachelevel" and you'll find it.

This worked for me, I increased the minaudiocachelevel to 30 and no more stutter. The is a slight 5 sec delay between selecting the radio station and playback but I'm happier with that than pausing each time I change station.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Radio stuttering0