Screen goes blank after recordings.
Hi there,

Setup: ubuntu 14.3, Kodi 14.1, Tvheadend 3.9.2525~g96898a6~trusty, I've downloaded the TVhead addon from here (http://stalin.negge.fi/files/pvr.tvh/)

I have this issue where the screen goes blank and it appears that Kodi is unresponsive (although a crash log is not created). it doesn't appear to happen all the time or certainly I can't recreate it all the time. The scenerio when this happens the most is:

A programme is scheduled to record, Kodi is left on the home Menu, the recording has been completed (for at least 2 hours). I navigate to the live TV and this is where the screen goes blank and Kodi is unresponsive, there no sound either. I've left Kodi in this state for some time in the hope that Kodi might sort it self out.... It doesn't. I've mapped a key to my remote that drops me to ubuntu's log in screen, by doing this, i can then restart Kodi although it complains that there is an issue with the web server (not sure if this will be related or just a red herrion?)

I've tried to recreate this issue with debugging turned on, but (I think) when the programme has completed recording and I navigate straight away to live TV everything works ok... It seems the issue is when there is a period of time between the recording finishing me and then choosing the Live TV.

I presume what is needed is a debug log? I havn't manged to recreate this with debugging turned on yet (btw is there any way to turn on debugging with showing the text in the top left hand corner). Once I have this i wil post, but I was just wondering if anyone else experiances this issue?

Thanks

Ash

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen goes blank after recordings.0