Req Anamorphic 2.35 vertical stretch support (donation? bounty?)
I know this has been asked for before. There are a lot of people that would like this option to be added to Kodi. I have been using XBMC/Kodi for a long time. I don't know how hard this is to add but I know a lot of people that would like to have a a Vertical stretch option in Kodi. I really don't want to have to use a second program for play back to be able to get a Vertical stretch like Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) has. I know we are the nitch group with Anamorphic lens and all Big Grin . I would have no issue tossing some money into a pot for this to be added. I know a lot of other people that would do that same. Lots of people over at AVSForum ask about this weekly. Like to know if this is a possibly or if I need to look at using a different software choice for a play back option for 2.35:1 content. Thanks for any an all input.
When playing back a video, go into the on-screen-display controls -> Video settings -> View mode -> Stretch 16:9

This will do a vertical stretch. It will also do a vertical stretch to any size/aspect ratio video output, not just 16:9, despite the name.
Doesn't do a Vertical stretch just stretches it out long ways. Makes it fatter. Need to make it Taller. So a 2.35:1 image fills a 16x9 frame.
Stretch 16:9 will make a 2.35:1 image fill a 16:9 frame. It will make it taller. I just tested it right now.
Here is a shot of mine, as you can see stretch 16:9 does nothing for me. Is what you playing back had the back bars removed ? As in running it through a compression software to remove the black bars to save space? It does work if you do that.. If you do a blu-ray rip lossless to MKV it will not do a vertical stretch of the picture..
[/i]

Here is a movie that has had the black bars removed from being re encoded. Here it is running in 16x9

Here is with 16x9 stretch

And here is the way it's should be watch on a 2.35:1 screen.. This is my pc monitor. But the reason for all this is for my theater with an anamorphic lens..

It will if you also check off "Crop black bars" in that same window.
Tried that also no go..

Not trying to be a pain.. Just would like to get this working if at all possible. Thanks
Hmm, seems the "Crop black bars" feature only works with software decoding, and it has been removed from future versions because the current implementation is very buggy.

So basically, your request is actually valid after all, because a new "crop black bars" feature is required to do what you need :)
Thanks, Would be great if this could be added or updated..
(2015-03-30, 14:56)RackmountedH20 Wrote: I know this has been asked for before.
Why start another thread to discuss anamorphic/cinemascope? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210998
They are requesting a skin that is anamorphic friendly . I'm talking about the vertical stretch to eliminate the black bars that are hard coded into blu-ray's. I don't really care about that interface being some what stretched I can live with that . I need the vertical stretch option so when the movie is played through an anamorphic lens it is displayed properly.
Vertical stretch would be an ice feature to have back. None of the new Sony projectors have vertical stretch. For people that have anamorphic lens, it's a real bonus.
Would be a nice option to have. I have MPC-HC set up as an external player because it can do the proper stretch for ripped Blu-Rays that are 1920x1080 video files but have a content aspect ratio of 2.35:1. Previously XBMC wouldn't work since it insisted on using the video dimensions.

Having this would also allow using the 2.35:1 setup for the rare scope film on cable TV. Smile
Hmmmm I'm hunting down a lens ( as we speak ) , and a PJ ( sony non stretcher ) , so this would be a great upgrade for my future Theater ( vertical stretch ).

I am three days into a new MediaCenter, with Kodi/Chromebox. Big learning curve for me being somewhat new to HTPC's.

So, get busy LOL, and get this done ! I should be in a new house by years end and ready to build a new theater.

KG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anamorphic 2.35 vertical stretch support (donation? bounty?)0