Solved Changing Spotlight automatically
First I would like to say that I'm in love with this skin and it is really great.

I'm wondering if it is possible to show Spotlight movies when "hovering" over Movies section and then when I "hover" over TV Shows it will automatically change to a TV Show Spotlight?

Right now I have to change it manually, and it stays static when I switch between the different options on the main menu.

EDIT:

After trying to figure it out myself I found the widget settings in the Home Screen Customization and managed to set it up. Feeling a bit dumb now Smile

Now I just need to figure out how to set the weather widget as it doesn't seem to show anything Sad
Need to set weather fanart for the weather widget to work.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-04-01, 09:46)jurialmunkey Wrote: Need to set weather fanart for the weather widget to work.

I already did, but the Weather Widget is still greyed out.

I'm able to see the fanart when I hover over the weather, but I have to get into weather to actually see it.
Any link to weather fanart?
(2015-04-04, 19:22)Crueltylizer Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 09:46)jurialmunkey Wrote: Need to set weather fanart for the weather widget to work.
I already did, but the Weather Widget is still greyed out.
I'm able to see the fanart when I hover over the weather, but I have to get into weather to actually see it.
You cant enable the weather widget when you have weather turned on in the furniture settings because there is no point showing it twice (clock + widget).
I thought the subject line was asking how the Movies Spotlight skin feature changes the movies that are selected. For the Recommended Widgets, that is configurable in the Skin Widgets settings, but how does it work in this skin?

Do I have to watch one of the movies in the list before it will regenerate? Any way to force a regeneration everytime Kodi boots or after a library update (which I run at boot anyhow)?

Anyway, just curious. You have a great skin here, and it's the first one I've really adapted to since Aeon Nox though I do miss a few of those views as I'm sure you are tired of hearing. Tongue
Hi

Is there a way to make spotlight source to be smartplaylist for each section... for example: when hovering Movies one smartplaylist and hovering TVShows some other smartplaylist?
yes. Skin Settings > Home Customisation Dialog > Select Widget > Choose the playlist (sometimes have to go out of widget selection screen and go back in to make playlists show up as it takes skinshortcuts a moment or two to load them all).
huh... thanx for fast respose Smile

Will try ASAP (when will be back home), but I am sure that exactly what I am looking for. Smile
Is there a way to select which folders could be used for the Spotlight feature? You probably don't want to have horror movies spotlighted because of your children.
Yes use smart play lists for your widgets
(2015-05-30, 01:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yes use smart play lists for your widgets

Thank you but I'm totally new to Kodi. What is a widget and where I can change the settings for the Spotlight Feature. Haven't found anything in the menues yet.
A widget is what you are calling the "spotlight feature".

You can change them in Settings > Skin Settings > Customise Home Menu > Select Widget.

You can create a smart playlist with whatever rules you want to use in Videos > Playlists > New Smart Playlist.
Thank you but maybe you haven't understood what I want or I am still to dumb to understand what you explained to me.

When Kodi starts with Arctic Zephyr as a skin, I automatically see some movie recommendation based on the widget Movies Spotlight.

When I go to Settings > Skin Settings > Customise Home Menu > Select Widget

I can only select a widget (for example Movies Spotlight) but it seems I can't configure it from there.
I want to set paths (a path) for that widget from where it chooses the movies for that Spotlight feature.
You can do this with a smart playlist. Create a smart playlist with whatever rules you want and then select that for the widget. If the smart playlist doesn't show up in the widget selection dialog then you just need to go back to the main home customisation dialog, wait a moment and then choose select widget again as sometimes it takes a while for it to populate all the items.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Spotlight automatically0