Kodi only finding 10% of TV Shows
Photo 
Hello! I recently switched from my Boxee Box to a Windows 7 machine running Kodi 14.2, and I'm having a bit of an issue.
A few of my shows are appearing under "TV Shows", but the majority are not. The odd thing is that they are all set up with the same file structure:

Show Name (Year)
- folder.jpg
- Season 01
-- S01EXX - Episode Name
- Season 02
-- S02EXX - Episode Name

I had "tvshow.nfo" files in most directories, but I figured out that the ones showing up properly didn't have them, so I nixed them, which allowed about 7 more shows to scan correctly. That said, I now have 9 of 93 shows appearing in my TV Shows section.

I'm running the Nova skin, if that makes a difference, but I'm not sure why it would.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
I guess the tvshow api can't find a match. I guess you can find a hint in the debug log.

In my case i have 196 tvshows and all are recognized perfectly. If i get a new tvshow i go to the site http://thetvdb.com/ and search for the name (e.g. izombie) and click on the show title with the language i need.
In my case german. If the show have no german entry i click on english. In my example the link goes to http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=281470&lid=7
Now i copy the title in the main page of the show. In my example 'iZombie'

This title is the name of my tvshow folder. The next run in Kodi and the tvshow is recognized perfectly.

In your case i guess it's naming issue, because i use the same folder structure like you.
Drop the (year) from the show name - only needed where the tvdb requires it as part of the title. Make sure the shows are named exactly as they are on the TVDB.
If you are going to use NFO files, just put the URL to the show in thetvdb.com in the file and it should not matter how the folder is named. If you don't use NFO files, you must use a folder name exactly like it is on thetvdb.com. _Andy_'s procedure is a good way of making sure the show's name is correct.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
It was the year - newb mistake - thanks, folks!
Just a quick FYI: Kodi v15 will retry without attaching the year in case the first scrape attempt fails.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi only finding 10% of TV Shows0