v14 Aeon Nox 5
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me with this little project I want to do. I have setup Kodi on my nexus player and loaded it with Aeon Nox 5 (absolutely love this program and skin). I noticed a LOT of customization capabilities but not sure how to go about it.

I have 2 categories that I use frequently on Kodi: Movies and TV shows (default ones). I would like to add 2 more categories "Anime" and "Cartoons". I can add the directory w/ the files but how do I go about making the category populate like TV shows/movies with all the content info automatically loaded (cartoon details, poster etc..) but keep it separate from TV shows?

If I tell the directory its a TV show it appears under TV show (even though all the content gets loaded).

Any ideas? Hopefully I explained everything correctly.

Step by step would be nice as I am still new to Kodi.
(2015-04-01, 18:06)bloodyskullz Wrote: Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me with this little project I want to do. I have setup Kodi on my nexus player and loaded it with Aeon Nox 5 (absolutely love this program and skin). I noticed a LOT of customization capabilities but not sure how to go about it.

I have 2 categories that I use frequently on Kodi: Movies and TV shows (default ones). I would like to add 2 more categories "Anime" and "Cartoons". I can add the directory w/ the files but how do I go about making the category populate like TV shows/movies with all the content info automatically loaded (cartoon details, poster etc..) but keep it separate from TV shows?

If I tell the directory its a TV show it appears under TV show (even though all the content gets loaded).

You need to create a Smart Playlist:

Smart_playlists (wiki)

From there, use the menu customizer to create a menu item based on that smart playlist. You can also use the playlist as the background (by setting its sort order to Random and Group by to Default) and use its infoline for that menu item.
(2015-04-01, 20:56)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 18:06)bloodyskullz Wrote: Hi All,

You need to create a Smart Playlist:

Smart_playlists (wiki)

From there, use the menu customizer to create a menu item based on that smart playlist. You can also use the playlist as the background (by setting its sort order to Random and Group by to Default) and use its infoline for that menu item.

Would this also prevent cartoons from showing up in other categories?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 50