• 162(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Hello,
First off, thanks for putting together such a powerful utility.
Second was wondering if someone could help me out? Bit confused by the depth of the program and all my google searches seem to lead to dead ends.
When i first put together my htpc in about june of this year I installed Kodi DSplayer but not sure which version.
What I noticed at the time was that compared to playing straight through VLC, kodi ds had much deeper blacks.
Since then kodi became corrupted somewhere along the way and I went a while before I reinstalled.
Now I have it back up and running I can no longer see the difference with the contrast - i.e. if a video looks a bit washed out in vlc it will look the same in kodi
I've trawled through all the menus and can;t seem to find anything that is like a dynamic contrast.
Does this exist?
Any help would be cool
Thanks
(2015-12-08, 15:39)kitalor Wrote: Hello,
Second was wondering if someone could help me out? Bit confused by the depth of the program and all my google searches seem to lead to dead ends.
When i first put together my htpc in about june of this year I installed Kodi DSplayer but not sure which version.
What I noticed at the time was that compared to playing straight through VLC, kodi ds had much deeper blacks.
Since then kodi became corrupted somewhere along the way and I went a while before I reinstalled.
Now I have it back up and running I can no longer see the difference with the contrast - i.e. if a video looks a bit washed out in vlc it will look the same in kodi
I've trawled through all the menus and can;t seem to find anything that is like a dynamic contrast.
Does this exist?
Any help would be cool
Thanks

Check your GPU is outputting 0 - 255 PC levels, check MadVR are outputting 16 - 235 and Kodi is using the Limited setting assuming your PC doesn't handle FULL RGB. You'll have to enable expert in settings on the default skin.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Kodi Jarvis RC1 + dsplayer with all update until now (01/13/2016).

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...0.dx11.exe

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightlie + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with Jarvis 16.

Happy new year!!!
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-12-08, 17:28)Wanilton Wrote: Kodi Jarvis + dsplayer with all update until now (12/08/2015) .

link for download:

Warnings:
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightlie + dsplayer support.

git:

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with master.
Aweseome. Thanks for keeping this going!
(2015-11-19, 11:22)SoundsGreat Wrote: [quote='Wanilton' pid='2181567' dateline='1449588496']
Kodi Jarvis + dsplayer with all update until now (12/08/2015) .

link for download:

Warnings:

git:

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with Jarvis 16.

Thanks for continuing to update this for us. It's much appreciated.
(2015-12-07, 22:57)Bjur Wrote: Is it possible to export madVR Settings/profiles? I would like to roll back and would like to keep my newest settings in madVR.
Anyone?
(2015-12-08, 21:27)Bjur Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 22:57)Bjur Wrote: Is it possible to export madVR Settings/profiles? I would like to roll back and would like to keep my newest settings in madVR.
Anyone?

There is a settings.bin file inside your madVR folder, everything is stored inside it.
(2015-12-08, 17:02)danjames92 Wrote:
Does this exist?
Any help would be cool
Thanks

Check your GPU is outputting 0 - 255 PC levels, check MadVR are outputting 16 - 235 and Kodi is using the Limited setting assuming your PC doesn't handle FULL RGB. You'll have to enable expert in settings on the default skin.

Thank you for replying.
So are you saying that the only settings that would have affected this are the colour range settings in Kodi and mad vr and any settings happening at the gpu level?
(2015-12-09, 01:22)kitalor Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 17:02)danjames92 Wrote:
Does this exist?
Any help would be cool
Thanks

Thank you for replying.
So are you saying that the only settings that would have affected this are the colour range settings in Kodi and mad vr and any settings happening at the gpu level?

Yes. Just make sure it's like I said. Read the OP. Would solve all your problems.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Quote:Yes. Just make sure it's like I said. Read the OP. Would solve all your problems.
Thanks for that.
After playing with the settings for some time changing everything I can find to PC 0-255 seems to make things look a lot nicer.
Not sure what is going on every\thing I've read says to do the opposite but the 16-235 makes everything very grey to almost maxing out the contrast on the tv to aleviate it. Cheap tv from 2012 with no settings for 'deep colour' or anything like that (although there is some sort of dynamic contrast going on with the internal leds which there is no control over) with a gtx 550 ti going through hdmi
(2015-12-08, 23:58)geofred1993 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 21:27)Bjur Wrote:
Anyone?

There is a settings.bin file inside your madVR folder, everything is stored inside it.

Normally that is correct, but this machine doesn't have that settings.bin in the folder so don't know how to export it then.
EDIT: Got it working now, by taking ownership of the folder.
(2015-12-09, 07:36)kitalor Wrote:
Quote:Yes. Just make sure it's like I said. Read the OP. Would solve all your problems.
Thanks for that.
After playing with the settings for some time changing everything I can find to PC 0-255 seems to make things look a lot nicer.
Not sure what is going on every\thing I've read says to do the opposite but the 16-235 makes everything very grey to almost maxing out the contrast on the tv to aleviate it. Cheap tv from 2012 with no settings for 'deep colour' or anything like that (although there is some sort of dynamic contrast going on with the internal leds which there is no control over) with a gtx 550 ti going through hdmi

You should not be touching your TV settings to make this work. Research what is the most accurate mode / settings for your TV and go from there.
Hello,

could anyone please advise why EVR is missing in the latest Jarvis builds? I'm running Kodi DSPlayer on W7 SP1, probably there is something missing in Windows to make EVR available in Kodi?
Please help i can't play any x265 videos.

Pasted log: http://pastebin.com/1RevRAi9

UPDATE: 265 vids are working again, well all except for one. Don't know how or why but it works
Hello I cannot get Madvr to work...here is my log file

http://pastebin.com/7LUxdRQc

each time i try to play a movie Kodi Crashes...

thanks for your help
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47