• 165(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-12-14, 09:54)djoole Wrote: @Warner306, could you please share your final madVR settings by video quality profile?
I would like to try them and compare them to what i use.
Thanks in advance!

My settings for a 1080p display are posted in the set-up guide here.

I had to reduce some of those settings for 29.97 fps content. But you probably have a better graphics card.

Also, I have experimented with using crispen edges (0.5) with SuperRes (1) for 720p content. I'm not sure if I like it or not. crispen edges is great for larger scaling factors when used with SuperRes.
(2015-12-14, 10:56)Buff Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 02:45)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 22:10)Buff Wrote: Hi,

Another issue which seems to be DSPlayer related for me - when I watch programs, that have been recorded off the telly, through Kodi they automatically play the stream with narration. If I go into audio settings there aren't any other streams available, whereas before using DSPlayer there was.

If I play the file in VLC I can choose from two audio streams.

Is there a setting in Kodi or elsewhere that I am missing?

Many thanks

Are you checking the audio settings menu during playback? There should be a choice of streams from there. I believe you need to check a setting related to this in DSPlayer settings, as well.

Hi Warner, thanks for your reply,

Yes this is when checking the audio settings during playback. The setting in DSPlayer to show the available audio streams is also enabled.

The strange thing is, it is only an issue with recorded files, not Blu-Rays or DVDs. If I'm keeping a recorded program I will use VideoReDo to remove the ad breaks, which also converts the file from .ts to .m2ts and then when added to the Kodi library the two available streams do show up. They just don't show up when playing straight from the PVR section (using ArgusTV)

Which kind of sounds as if Kodi has an issue reading .ts files or it's something to do with ArgusTV - however, this wasn't an issue in previous builds and only since I changed to a DSPlayer build, hence thought it may be an issue/setting with this.

Ultimately it's not a major problem for us, but if you have any other ideas that would be great

Did you follow the instructions for ArgusTV here?
It can't play DAVs files with username and password. It changed user and passwd to USERNAME and PASSWORD and DSPlayer can't play the movie.

I hidden some private info in log.

10:03:54 T:9296 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed
10:04:22 T:9296 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: davs://user:passwd@hostname:444/webdav/video/test.mkv
10:04:22 T:9296 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: davs://user:passwd@hostname:444/webdav/video/test.mkv
10:04:22 T:10368 NOTICE: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Creating DS Graph
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig_internal.xml (filters configuration).
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig_internal.xml (medias configuration).
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" - DiplayName: to the graph
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "(i) LAV Splitter Source" to the graph
10:04:22 T:5368 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
10:04:22 T:5368 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
10:04:22 T:5368 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: thread end: CDSGraphThread::OnExit()
10:04:22 T:10368 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph
10:04:22 T:9296 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [davs://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@hostname:444/webdav/video/test.mkv]
(2015-12-15, 04:39)cchsieh Wrote: It can't play DAVs files with username and password. It changed user and passwd to USERNAME and PASSWORD and DSPlayer can't play the movie.

I hidden some private info in log.

10:03:54 T:9296 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed
10:04:22 T:9296 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: davs://user:passwd@hostname:444/webdav/video/test.mkv
10:04:22 T:9296 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: davs://user:passwd@hostname:444/webdav/video/test.mkv
10:04:22 T:10368 NOTICE: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Creating DS Graph
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig_internal.xml (filters configuration).
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig_internal.xml (medias configuration).
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" - DiplayName: to the graph
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "(i) LAV Splitter Source" to the graph
10:04:22 T:5368 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
10:04:22 T:5368 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
10:04:22 T:5368 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
10:04:22 T:5368 NOTICE: thread end: CDSGraphThread::OnExit()
10:04:22 T:10368 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph
10:04:22 T:9296 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [davs://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@hostname:444/webdav/video/test.mkv]

I think DSPlayer needs the Windows path. When using Emby for Kodi, for example, path substitution is required in Emby server for DSPlayer to be able to read the file.
(2015-12-15, 23:12)Warner306 Wrote: I think DSPlayer needs the Windows path. When using Emby for Kodi, for example, path substitution is required in Emby server for DSPlayer to be able to read the file.

I'm not using Emby server. DAV/DAVs is like http/https, I think. I'll do more try and report. Thanks ...
(2015-12-14, 22:17)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 10:56)Buff Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 02:45)Warner306 Wrote: Are you checking the audio settings menu during playback? There should be a choice of streams from there. I believe you need to check a setting related to this in DSPlayer settings, as well.

Hi Warner, thanks for your reply,

Yes this is when checking the audio settings during playback. The setting in DSPlayer to show the available audio streams is also enabled.

The strange thing is, it is only an issue with recorded files, not Blu-Rays or DVDs. If I'm keeping a recorded program I will use VideoReDo to remove the ad breaks, which also converts the file from .ts to .m2ts and then when added to the Kodi library the two available streams do show up. They just don't show up when playing straight from the PVR section (using ArgusTV)

Which kind of sounds as if Kodi has an issue reading .ts files or it's something to do with ArgusTV - however, this wasn't an issue in previous builds and only since I changed to a DSPlayer build, hence thought it may be an issue/setting with this.

Ultimately it's not a major problem for us, but if you have any other ideas that would be great

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I followed the instructions, but still have the issue.

I am using MediaPortal though.

Thanks.
(2015-12-16, 05:38)cchsieh Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 23:12)Warner306 Wrote: I think DSPlayer needs the Windows path. When using Emby for Kodi, for example, path substitution is required in Emby server for DSPlayer to be able to read the file.

I'm not using Emby server. DAV/DAVs is like http/https, I think. I'll do more try and report. Thanks ...

I think you need a Windows SMB path to play the file.
(2015-12-16, 16:32)DarkfireHellspawn Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 22:17)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 10:56)Buff Wrote: Hi Warner, thanks for your reply,

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I followed the instructions, but still have the issue.

I am using MediaPortal though.

Thanks.

I'm not an expert on live TV, so I'm not sure.
Kodi Jarvis beta 5 + dsplayer with all update until now (12/17/2015).

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...11.exe.exe

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightlie + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with Jarvis 16.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thank you Wanilton. Very much appreciate you update these builds.
(2015-12-17, 11:22)Wanilton Wrote: Kodi Jarvis beta 5 + dsplayer with all update until now (12/17/2015).
Muchas Gracias
Hi Wanilton, thanks for your work.

I have anyway one big issue after updating to the latest version you posted: Kodi doesn't start and exit providing the message "Uh oh, can't load the avcodec-56.dll, exiting"

Any idea?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Ops, I will check asap...

Yes, it´s wrong, I will recompile and upload a new release soon..

Thanks for report.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-12-17, 11:22)Wanilton Wrote: Kodi Jarvis beta 5 + dsplayer with all update until now (12/17/2015).

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...11.exe.exe

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightlie + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with Jarvis 16.

@Wanilton - getting the following message while attempting to run the above build

XBMC: Fatal Error

Uh-oh, can't load avcodec-56.dll, exiting.

Anyone else see this - or only me?

EDIT - axlt2002 beat me to it
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47