• 177(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-01-21, 12:40)baldy3577 Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 05:00)Skinny_T Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 02:46)Warner306 Wrote: I still think these profiles are a good starting point: 1966593 (post).

I would swap every super-xbr for NNEDI3 if your card can handle it. If the display is 4K, I've been told NNEDI3 is too much if you want to use image sharpening and other post-processing. Some people think super-xbr rings too much, but I don't find it all that offensive at 100 sharpness if used with SuperRes. With a 1080p display, NNEDI3 and even Reconstruction (soft) chroma upscaling would be possible.

Thanks for the advice. I've actually followed your posts to a "T". Sometimes I think I expect too much, but then I've seen other systems that blow me away with similar specs and videos in the same format. I haven't tried NNEDI3 though. What would the difference be between 16,32,64,128 Neurons?

I don't have a 4k tv yet so I'll try out the Chroma Upscaling too.

I'm in the same boat.

If I use Super-xbr +AR +Super-res, and all of the other recommended settings in the above guide, everything works with a 12-14ms render time. I tried switching settings to FSE and D3D11 to see if render times would improve, but they are consistently the same (windowed, FSE, D3D9, D3D11 net the same render time). Not that the picture is terrible or anything, but when I setup my neighbors' low end AMD system (AMD processor with on-board graphics) and enabled NNEDI3 128 Neurons, the sharpness was almost surreal! What else didn't make sense is that this was possible on such a low end machine, with 20-24ms render times (albeit they are running Windows 10, and I am on Windows 7x64).

When I tried the same on my machine, the renders are 45-90ms depending if I use 32, 64, or 128 neurons (with no change whether D3D9, D3D11, FSE, windowed, etc.). That being said, any content, whether 720p, 1080p, is unwatchable as the frame rate is really choppy.

I did setup my (and my neighbors') system to DXVA copy-back, as I was under the impression (after reading pages upon pages on here) that CUVID doesn't make any render time difference, and actually hurts quality. Please correct me if this is wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight on what settings would work (whether in MadVR, LAV, Nvidia control panel, etc) so I could get NNEDI3 to work, it would be appreciated.

System Specs are:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
BIOS: F9
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16gb RAM
Display driver: 361.43
Card name: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 OC 1033/1098MHZ 2GB 6GHZ GDDR5
Display Memory: 4036 MB ( Dedicated Memory: 1988 MB, Shared Memory: 2048 MB)
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit)
Monitor Model: SONY 52XBR5 with XV Color (12-bit panel)
Output Type: HDMI
HDD: Crucial_CT480M500 SSD
HDD2: WDC Black 1.5tb
HDD3: WDC Black 2tb
HDD4: WDC Black 4tb
BD/HD-DVD: LG: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L

Not sure if it will actually help but I'd suggest uninstalling your display driver with something like DDU, wiping it clean and reinstalling the latest Nvidia driver with a clean install. Might not help but worth trying.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
With the GTX960 should I be using DXVA native/copy-back or should i use the NVIDIA setting? I've was normally using copy-back with only tapped my CPU up to maybe 5% while watching videos, so is that even worth it?
Alright, so I think I broke something. I've got 1080p videos looking pretty good, but now DSPlayer freezes after about 5 seconds of playback on 720p. Is there a way to reset my settings easily without having to backup my library and reinstall kodi again?
(2016-01-21, 02:46)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 21:40)Skinny_T Wrote: Does anyone else here run this version of Kodi with a GTX 960?? If so, what are your settings at? I keep tweaking mine because I just can't seem to get everything the way I had hoped it would be after adding the 960. Before that I was just using a Radeon 6550 and the image quality doesn't seem to be too much better. It could just be me being picky though.

I still think these profiles are a good starting point: 1966593 (post).

I would swap every super-xbr for NNEDI3 if your card can handle it. If the display is 4K, I've been told NNEDI3 is too much if you want to use image sharpening and other post-processing. Some people think super-xbr rings too much, but I don't find it all that offensive at 100 sharpness if used with SuperRes. With a 1080p display, NNEDI3 and even Reconstruction (soft) chroma upscaling would be possible.

Thanks for the advice. I've actually followed your posts to a "T". Sometimes I think I expect too much, but then I've seen other systems that blow me away with similar specs and videos in the same format. I haven't tried NNEDI3 though. What would the difference be between 16,32,64,128 Neurons?

The differences you are seeing in others set-ups most likely has more to do with the quality of the display and content. This will make more of a difference than any setting in madVR.

With a 1080p display, NNEDI3 is most useful for chroma upscaling, but most people won't notice the difference between this and any other chroma upscaler because chroma upscaling is not that important. Use only if you have extra resources available.

The biggest jumps in quality will come from image upscaling. At 540p -> 1080p, NNEDI3 image doubling is possible. You could also use the chain of NNEDI3 image doubling and Lanczos3 image downscaling at 720p -> 1080p. But, again, this won't make a tremendous difference. Such changes would lead to a small improvement I would imagine.

If you want greater returns, buy a colorimeter and create a 3D LUT. A properly calibrated display will do more than any other setting in madVR.
(2016-01-21, 12:40)baldy3577 Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 02:46)Warner306 Wrote: I still think these profiles are a good starting point: 1966593 (post).

I'm in the same boat.

If I use Super-xbr +AR +Super-res, and all of the other recommended settings in the above guide, everything works with a 12-14ms render time. I tried switching settings to FSE and D3D11 to see if render times would improve, but they are consistently the same (windowed, FSE, D3D9, D3D11 net the same render time). Not that the picture is terrible or anything, but when I setup my neighbors' low end AMD system (AMD processor with on-board graphics) and enabled NNEDI3 128 Neurons, the sharpness was almost surreal! What else didn't make sense is that this was possible on such a low end machine, with 20-24ms render times (albeit they are running Windows 10, and I am on Windows 7x64).

When I tried the same on my machine, the renders are 45-90ms depending if I use 32, 64, or 128 neurons (with no change whether D3D9, D3D11, FSE, windowed, etc.). That being said, any content, whether 720p, 1080p, is unwatchable as the frame rate is really choppy.

I did setup my (and my neighbors') system to DXVA copy-back, as I was under the impression (after reading pages upon pages on here) that CUVID doesn't make any render time difference, and actually hurts quality. Please correct me if this is wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight on what settings would work (whether in MadVR, LAV, Nvidia control panel, etc) so I could get NNEDI3 to work, it would be appreciated.

System Specs are:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
BIOS: F9
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16gb RAM
Display driver: 361.43
Card name: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 OC 1033/1098MHZ 2GB 6GHZ GDDR5
Display Memory: 4036 MB ( Dedicated Memory: 1988 MB, Shared Memory: 2048 MB)
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit)
Monitor Model: SONY 52XBR5 with XV Color (12-bit panel)
Output Type: HDMI
HDD: Crucial_CT480M500 SSD
HDD2: WDC Black 1.5tb
HDD3: WDC Black 2tb
HDD4: WDC Black 4tb
BD/HD-DVD: LG: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L

NNEDI3 would only be desirable for upscaling 480p or 540p content with a 1080p display. So I don't think you are missing all that much. Use of image sharpening would be your best bet for improvement of this material.
(2016-01-21, 22:46)Skinny_T Wrote: Alright, so I think I broke something. I've got 1080p videos looking pretty good, but now DSPlayer freezes after about 5 seconds of playback on 720p. Is there a way to reset my settings easily without having to backup my library and reinstall kodi again?

If you are saving your madVR settings with DSPlayer, I'm not sure. If you are loading your settings from madVR, the madVR folder has a reset function.
(2016-01-21, 20:35)Skinny_T Wrote: With the GTX960 should I be using DXVA native/copy-back or should i use the NVIDIA setting? I've was normally using copy-back with only tapped my CPU up to maybe 5% while watching videos, so is that even worth it?

Use copy-back. I don't know if it is ever "worth it" to use hardware acceleration unless you are decoding HEVC content, but it will reduce the load/noise on your CPU.
(2016-01-22, 02:00)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 22:46)Skinny_T Wrote: Alright, so I think I broke something. I've got 1080p videos looking pretty good, but now DSPlayer freezes after about 5 seconds of playback on 720p. Is there a way to reset my settings easily without having to backup my library and reinstall kodi again?

If you are saving your madVR settings with DSPlayer, I'm not sure. If you are loading your settings from madVR, the madVR folder has a reset function.

I've kinda been going back and forth between DSPlayer and the MadVR interface. Should I maybe take my wifes advice and commit to just one thing in this situation?
(2016-01-22, 02:02)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 20:35)Skinny_T Wrote: With the GTX960 should I be using DXVA native/copy-back or should i use the NVIDIA setting? I've was normally using copy-back with only tapped my CPU up to maybe 5% while watching videos, so is that even worth it?

Use copy-back. I don't know if it is ever "worth it" to use hardware acceleration unless you are decoding HEVC content, but it will reduce the load/noise on your CPU.

Copy-Back should be legit even though my CPU is a pretty bunk i3 Ivy Bridge with 8gb's RAM? For awhile I was using the onboard graphics and I could limp along fine with that but I was left wanting more. The GTX960 is the first step and the next will be the Devils Canyon i7. It the meantime though, I think i might be needed a wipe and clean install to get things back to where I've learned they should be.
(2016-01-18, 17:32)Wanilton Wrote: git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

Have PVR fix* by @*Roma*, thanks.

* [Fix] PVR Channel switching functions
I've downloaded it
How can i install / use it?
Get install (exe) in the same post

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2218618

It´s only source code, you need compile, if you prefer.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-01-22, 14:39)Wanilton Wrote: Get install (exe) in the same post

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2218618

It´s only source code, you need compile, if you prefer.
I am trying to download it , but always the downloading fails
Anyhow i thank you for your answer
Kodi Jarvis RC1 + dsplayer with all update until now (01/22/2016)

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...0.dx11.exe

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightly + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

Update codec lav for 0.67.0.63 version nightly, available here

https://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
hoping somebody can help with the installation of the next PVR filter . I try to run the next PVR filter install batch file but I get a regsvr32 error. Not sure what "register with NextPVRinstall-batch" means on the post for nextpvr filter. Does someone have more detail on how to install?
(2016-01-23, 04:22)markus3000 Wrote: hoping somebody can help with the installation of the next PVR filter . I try to run the next PVR filter install batch file but I get a regsvr32 error. Not sure what "register with NextPVRinstall-batch" means on the post for nextpvr filter. Does someone have more detail on how to install?

Unrar the file and create a new folder called "NextPVR Filter". Extract all the files from the rar into the new folder you just created. Right click on NextPVRFilters-Install.bat and run the file as the administrator.
Please do not remove this folder, or any files in it. If you remove this folder then DSPlayer will not be able to use NextPVR Filter, so make sure you extract the files in a safe, permanent location.
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47