• 194(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-02-15, 11:08)gotham_x Wrote: For (Image Doubling) 1280 x 720 -> 1080p I always left this setting disabled on my system, perhaps with new algorithms for (Image Doubling) something to experiment with SSIM!?!? I have not experienced in image optimization, I think that with my system GPU GTX970 and CPU i7-6700K, not OC there is a good load to support this.

I'd say get yourself more experienced then. Nothing better than try and see for youself whether your system can handle it or it is really actually better visually. It could be a lot of fun.. (or a lot of headache) Big Grin
Hi.
I have just started playing around with this build because of frame rate switching and frame skipping problems I had with standard kodi player. How.do I check to see what's going on with the video renderer? ie pressing "O' doesn't display what frame drops.or skips ect. Also I had problems with certain True HD files both star trek reboots for example, sound.suffers from serious popping and crackling but with the latest jarvis builds that dissapeard but it has resurfaced using this build. .any ideas what's causing this? Many thanks. I am totally new to madvr
(2016-02-15, 12:15)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Hi.
I have just started playing around with this build because of frame rate switching and frame skipping problems I had with standard kodi player. How.do I check to see what's going on with the video renderer? ie pressing "O' doesn't display what frame drops.or skips ect. Also I had problems with certain True HD files both star trek reboots for example, sound.suffers from serious popping and crackling but with the latest jarvis builds that dissapeard but it has resurfaced using this build. .any ideas what's causing this? Many thanks. I am totally new to madvr

Ctrl+J bring up madvr on screen information. Don't know about TrueHD though.
(2016-02-15, 12:02)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 11:08)gotham_x Wrote: For (Image Doubling) 1280 x 720 -> 1080p I always left this setting disabled on my system, perhaps with new algorithms for (Image Doubling) something to experiment with SSIM!?!? I have not experienced in image optimization, I think that with my system GPU GTX970 and CPU i7-6700K, not OC there is a good load to support this.

I'd say get yourself more experienced then. Nothing better than try and see for youself whether your system can handle it or it is really actually better visually. It could be a lot of fun.. (or a lot of headache) Big Grin

Easier (a lot of headache) is duty to pay for us enthusiasts Home Theater. you never stop to learn.

Fortunate that there are forums, otherwise ..........Stare the void.
(2016-02-15, 12:17)oldpoem Wrote:

Thanks for that. On further though I think it may be atmos encoded material that's giving me this issue .I am sure both of the star trek revamps have true hd atmos soundtracks
(2016-02-15, 02:06)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 01:54)danjames92 Wrote: Using latest Kodi DSPlayer if I start playback, audio starts, I get a drop of audio for about 1.5s then the audio re-engages. Display set to 24Hz, content is 24Hz, only happens with some media. Using Reclock to get perfect PCM. No passthrough here. Using 250ms advancedsettings edit to get perfect lipsync on Windows 10 (specs in signature)

If I provide a debug log, will someone be able to steer me in the right direction and show me what I can do to prevent that?

It is probably ReClock's fault. You could play around with the settings, but I'm not sure what I would change. I am using sanear to bitstream with a custom resolution as an alternative. Not that ReClock is a bad idea; it is just prone to the occasional error.

I would stick with ReClock, but information on Custom Resolutions is found at the end of this section: 1966566 (post).

I'm not using bitstreaming though...
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-02-15, 11:08)gotham_x Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 01:04)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 20:05)gotham_x Wrote: I have a lot of content with resolution 1280 x 720 -> 1080p, it is advisable activate (Image Doubling)?
(Image Doubling) availment only for SD
(Image Doubling) Currently I setting to Off

Up to your system, Personally I disable this and enable some other features in image enhancement area. If you have spare load then try it for yourself. But I fell it wouldn't worth it on my system if I had to disable others to compensate the extra load.

For (Image Doubling) 1280 x 720 -> 1080p I always left this setting disabled on my system, perhaps with new algorithms for (Image Doubling) something to experiment with SSIM!?!? I have not experienced in image optimization, I think that with my system GPU GTX970 and CPU i7-6700K, not OC there is a good load to support this.

Bicubic150 is supposed to be very similar in quality to SSIM, if you want to try it as an alternative. That is for image downscaling of any content.
(2016-02-15, 21:42)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 02:06)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 01:54)danjames92 Wrote: Using latest Kodi DSPlayer if I start playback, audio starts, I get a drop of audio for about 1.5s then the audio re-engages. Display set to 24Hz, content is 24Hz, only happens with some media. Using Reclock to get perfect PCM. No passthrough here. Using 250ms advancedsettings edit to get perfect lipsync on Windows 10 (specs in signature)

If I provide a debug log, will someone be able to steer me in the right direction and show me what I can do to prevent that?

It is probably ReClock's fault. You could play around with the settings, but I'm not sure what I would change. I am using sanear to bitstream with a custom resolution as an alternative. Not that ReClock is a bad idea; it is just prone to the occasional error.

I would stick with ReClock, but information on Custom Resolutions is found at the end of this section: 1966566 (post).

I'm not using bitstreaming though...

You could try playing around with the sound pre-buffer in ReClock. That is all I can think of. Best to eliminate the audio renderer as the problem, though.
(2016-02-15, 13:44)mrhyde1969 Wrote:

Thanks for that. On further though I think it may be atmos encoded material that's giving me this issue .I am sure both of the star trek revamps have true hd atmos soundtracks

LAV Audio is capable of decoding Atmos in TrueHD tracks.

What am I looking at with the on screen information to see if I am getting perfect audio and.video sync?
(2016-02-15, 23:51)mrhyde1969 Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 12:17)oldpoem Wrote: Ctrl+J bring up madvr on screen information. Don't know about TrueHD though.

What am I looking at with the on screen information to see if I am getting perfect audio and.video sync?

You can't measure audio/video synchronization via the rendering stats. You have to do this by eye and ear.

The clock deviation in madVR rendering stats will tell you how far off the video and audio clocks are. But that is not the audio/video sync. It is a measure of audio and video clock deviations, which tend to be in decimals. These are clock deviations that are so slight that a frame needs to be dropped now and then to fix the slight drift. Audio sync has to do with display input lag and the lips not matching the audio.

Try using a fixed audio delay if this is the case: 2033893 (post).
A gtx 750 should smash any 1080p content to be honest
(2016-02-13, 18:22)Wanilton Wrote: Kodi Jarvis RC4 + dsplayer with all update until now (02/13/2016)

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...0.dx11.exe

Update internal lav filters for version 0.67.0-80 (02/13/2016).

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightly + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

DSPlayer lives, my hero!
(2016-02-14, 17:38)Tamuro Wrote: On the topic of audio, I'm a little old school so I'm still running 5.1 analog not HDMI as my Pre-amp is an Anthem AVM30 which doesn't have HDMI in. And I'm not about to stop using it because it is a very good Pre-amp. So my question is, how do I go about setting up Kodi DSPlayer/Windows to insure that I'm sending the lossless audio to my sound card(sound blaster zxr) then out to my Pre-Amp?

Anybody have some input on this or is everybody using HDMI? Grrr I hate HDMI. Big Grin

This might be a dumb question but, with using DSPlayer with internal and external filters/renderers can I use different skins or was the DSPlayer coded to work only with default skins?
(2016-02-16, 04:26)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 17:38)Tamuro Wrote: On the topic of audio, I'm a little old school so I'm still running 5.1 analog not HDMI as my Pre-amp is an Anthem AVM30 which doesn't have HDMI in. And I'm not about to stop using it because it is a very good Pre-amp. So my question is, how do I go about setting up Kodi DSPlayer/Windows to insure that I'm sending the lossless audio to my sound card(sound blaster zxr) then out to my Pre-Amp?

Anybody have some input on this or is everybody using HDMI? Grrr I hate HDMI. Big Grin

This might be a dumb question but, with using DSPlayer with internal and external filters/renderers can I use different skins or was the DSPlayer coded to work only with default skins?

I am running it with Transparency so I guess any skin is fine
  • 194(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47