• 195(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-02-16, 02:13)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 23:51)mrhyde1969 Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 13:44)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Thanks for that. On further though I think it may be atmos encoded material that's giving me this issue .I am sure both of the star trek revamps have true hd atmos soundtracks

What am I looking at with the on screen information to see if I am getting perfect audio and.video sync?

You can't measure audio/video synchronization via the rendering stats. You have to do this by eye and ear.

The clock deviation in madVR rendering stats will tell you how far off the video and audio clocks are. But that is not the audio/video sync. It is a measure of audio and video clock deviations, which tend to be in decimals. These are clock deviations that are so slight that a frame needs to be dropped now and then to fix the slight drift. Audio sync has to do with display input lag and the lips not matching the audio.

Try using a fixed audio delay if this is the case: 2033893 (post).

My audio sync is.fine thanks. But I am still getting a visible frame.skip every now and then. Was hoping I could get rid of this by using the directshow version of kodi
(2016-02-16, 08:53)mrhyde1969 Wrote: My audio sync is.fine thanks. But I am still getting a visible frame.skip every now and then. Was hoping I could get rid of this by using the directshow version of kodi
In Reclock, do you allow it to resample sound or not? If you go with passthrough, there's no way Reclock can do anything for synching between audio and video. With resampling you definitely should not have frame skips. Using Reclock I get to the point where madVR is reporting one frame drop every X days... and sometimes it arrives to "No frame drops..." or something.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Anybody know which xml files should be edited to view YouTube videos through the Kodi plugin using this filter? http://ys.3dyd.com/home/

I think madVR would do wonders for their quality. Considering I have bandwidth to spare, I could just set it for "Best available" for both video and audio, so no GUI support is needed.

This would have the added advantage of properly supporting DASH, allowing for 1080p and higher.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-02-16, 14:20)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 08:53)mrhyde1969 Wrote: My audio sync is.fine thanks. But I am still getting a visible frame.skip every now and then. Was hoping I could get rid of this by using the directshow version of kodi
In Reclock, do you allow it to resample sound or not? If you go with passthrough, there's no way Reclock can do anything for synching between audio and video. With resampling you definitely should not have frame skips. Using Reclock I get to the point where madVR is reporting one frame drop every X days... and sometimes it arrives to "No frame drops..." or something.

Hi. I use pass through and haven't installed reclock
On a side.note wtf is going on in kodi land? Heard all sorts of.rumours past couple of days and.now.it seems the official site is down and being. Blocked??
Thank you very much for this.
So much better PQ than the official Kodi (In my subjective opinion)
This should be on the Kodi official download page. Its is the best thing since sliced bread Rofl
(2016-02-16, 16:04)seaweed Wrote: Thank you very much for this.
So much better PQ than the official Kodi (In my subjective opinion)
This should be on the Kodi official download page. Its is the best thing since sliced bread Rofl

Read this thread and you'll find that was probably the main reason the main dev of this fork left. Right now there is no active development of this fork , just compile what left behind with latest Kodi master branch.
(2016-02-16, 15:18)mrhyde1969 Wrote: On a side.note wtf is going on in kodi land? Heard all sorts of.rumours past couple of days and.now.it seems the official site is down and being. Blocked??

The official site is up. Nothing is going on as far as I know. There is a post warning people not to buy streaming boxes with Kodi pre-installed due to piracy addons. These addons are breaking and users are coming to the forums for help -- after their new streaming box quits working.
(2016-02-16, 14:50)mrhyde1969 Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 14:20)ashlar Wrote:

Hi. I use pass through and haven't installed reclock

Try the instructions here and see if it helps: 1966566 (post).
(2016-02-16, 04:26)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 17:38)Tamuro Wrote: On the topic of audio, I'm a little old school so I'm still running 5.1 analog not HDMI as my Pre-amp is an Anthem AVM30 which doesn't have HDMI in. And I'm not about to stop using it because it is a very good Pre-amp. So my question is, how do I go about setting up Kodi DSPlayer/Windows to insure that I'm sending the lossless audio to my sound card(sound blaster zxr) then out to my Pre-Amp?

Anybody have some input on this or is everybody using HDMI? Grrr I hate HDMI. Big Grin

This might be a dumb question but, with using DSPlayer with internal and external filters/renderers can I use different skins or was the DSPlayer coded to work only with default skins?

How do you set up regular Kodi? That would offer a hint on how to setup DSPlayer.
Wrong thread sorry Smile
(2016-02-16, 14:31)ashlar Wrote: Anybody know which xml files should be edited to view YouTube videos through the Kodi plugin using this filter? http://ys.3dyd.com/home/

I think madVR would do wonders for their quality. Considering I have bandwidth to spare, I could just set it for "Best available" for both video and audio, so no GUI support is needed.

This would have the added advantage of properly supporting DASH, allowing for 1080p and higher.
Hmmm it's strange. First of all the YouTube plugin intercepts stuff at a higher level, so the source filter is useless. One would need to modify the plugin.

But what I can't explain is why DSPlayer insists on using the internal LAV Splitter Source instead of my external and configured LAV Source and LAV Splitter.

Playback information lists it as "(i) LAV Splitter Source". Logs confirm DSPlayer selects the internal one, in the system directory.

This doesn't happen for regular content. It's as if calling streaming content forces the use of the internal LAV Source Splitter. I see this happening with TED Talks too.

I have DSPlayer playing network streaming protocols via a protocol rule that includes http, https, daap, rtv, rtmp, rtmpe, etc.

The rule works (I verified it with a shader added, emboss... Unmistakable), but the source/splitter selection is overridden. It wirks, mind... But it's worrying to rely on internal filters that now that aracnoz has left development won't get updated.
(2016-02-17, 00:09)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 14:31)ashlar Wrote: Anybody know which xml files should be edited to view YouTube videos through the Kodi plugin using this filter? http://ys.3dyd.com/home/

Hmmm it's strange. First of all the YouTube plugin intercepts stuff at a higher level, so the source filter is useless. One would need to modify the plugin.

But what I can't explain is why DSPlayer insists on using the internal LAV Splitter Source instead of my external and configured LAV Source and LAV Splitter.

Playback information lists it as "(i) LAV Splitter Source". Logs confirm DSPlayer selects the internal one, in the system directory.

This doesn't happen for regular content. It's as if calling streaming content forces the use of the internal LAV Source Splitter. I see this happening with TED Talks too.

I have DSPlayer playing network streaming protocols via a protocol rule that includes http, https, daap, rtv, rtmp, rtmpe, etc.

The rule works (I verified it with a shader added, emboss... Unmistakable), but the source/splitter selection is overridden. It wirks, mind... But it's worrying to rely on internal filters that now that aracnoz has left development won't get updated.

LAV Splitter Source is the only way to play http/https content with DSPlayer.
And why is that. Did aracnoz explain?

The only reference I found was here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2138199
Found a strange problem,with my lord of the rings mkv rips. These are full rips I did myself from my blurays. I am now using re clock which seems to be working fine apart from these mentioned movies. The problem is that they are only playing as 2 channel on my pioneer a receiver, that is only left and right channels being sent to receiver no centre or rears. But if I select play using DVDPLAYER I get full chanel hd master.... any ideas why this may be happening.. btw other films I have tested that are hd master work fine, and I have passthrough disabled in re clock
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47