• 276(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-12-31, 19:32)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 17:17)Knight77 Wrote: Just FYI let me tell you that I updated the LAV filters and used them with the last release of Dsplayer of this thread and it crashes with 4k files no matter what, maybe not in the beginning but after few minutes, so the problem it's really with this Dsplayer release. Hope it will be fixed now the 4k content start being relevant (at least in my library), not being able to play it is quite bad. However Wanilton for your time and work.

Out of curiosity, what kind of 4K content are you watching?

What would you like to know in particular? It's 99%TV Shows, if you want I can copy here the media info file properties, BTW it's 8 bit not 10 bit as someone suggested.

Let me know what you want me to post, I'll do my best.

Happy new year !!!!
(2016-12-31, 22:50)Knight77 Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 19:32)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 17:17)Knight77 Wrote: Just FYI let me tell you that I updated the LAV filters and used them with the last release of Dsplayer of this thread and it crashes with 4k files no matter what, maybe not in the beginning but after few minutes, so the problem it's really with this Dsplayer release. Hope it will be fixed now the 4k content start being relevant (at least in my library), not being able to play it is quite bad. However Wanilton for your time and work.

Out of curiosity, what kind of 4K content are you watching?

What would you like to know in particular? It's 99%TV Shows, if you want I can copy here the media info file properties, BTW it's 8 bit not 10 bit as someone suggested.

Happy new year !!!!

I assume this is HEVC content pirated from streaming services like Netflix? I don't need to know anything else. Like I said, I'm just curious.
(2016-12-31, 23:21)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 22:50)Knight77 Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 19:32)Warner306 Wrote: Out of curiosity, what kind of 4K content are you watching?

Happy new year !!!!

I assume this is HEVC content pirated from streaming services like Netflix? I don't need to know anything else. Like I said, I'm just curious.

Well it's not HEVC (see below) and, just for the record and clear the topic, I have and pay regular subscription to digital content providers.

These are the info relative to the video part of the movie file

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 24mn 18s
Bit rate : 33.7 Mbps
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits

Now I don't know what the problem is...if video or audio (doubt about it) BTW or the file crash immediately or after few minutes as also pointed out by other users.
I decided to try the new build and installed Kodi-17.0-Krypton_DSPlayer_rc1_32bits_.
I succeded to fix my subtitles problem ( the subtitles after 5-10 minutes by themselfs moved on the upper sside of the balck bars). I had to use an old version of xy filter - 744.
But now i try to watch a movie and i have random crashes without touching enything, i watch the movie and after 20 minutes it blockes - still image and have to force close. Then watch another 15 minutes and did it again.
I noticed that every time i open kodi it creates this file: "kodi_stacktrace-17.0-RC1 Git_20161221-nogitfound-20161230-221926"
For now i'm back at using my media player, i'm really tired of this problems.
the 4k problem is defo RC1 for me, I have been using both DS and strandard KODI versions side by side installed as portable, both crash with all 4k material with RC1. If I take the none DS version of kodi back to beta6 all crashes disapear
(2017-01-02, 00:39)stoolzo Wrote: the 4k problem is defo RC1 for me, I have been using both DS and strandard KODI versions side by side installed as portable, both crash with all 4k material with RC1. If I take the none DS version of kodi back to beta6 all crashes disapear

Wait...just to understand: do you have crashes with this release ?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2468296
Hey there.
I´m so happy that i found this build.
To use MadVR with the best Media Browser.

This is such a awesome work from you guys.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Smile
I´m really happy.

So now.
I want to use Dmitri Render. I tested it. It´s the best for me.
It´s registered but not recognized as external filter in Kodi.
Does anyone use it, or can help me?
in MPC-HC it works

Sorry for the noob Question: Can you suggest me a remote?
Which one do you guys use.
My PC is behind me, would be good to have one with a good receiver, and one which is up 2 date, so that it is easy to configure Smile
I need to access the menus with the arrow button, start stop, forward, backward.
And i have to enter the zoom menu.

And i can´t find a saturation controller. I need to add some saturation, more colors...

Maybe you can help me with this "few things"
Thanks and greetings Smile
Not sure if this has been answered already

When switching refresh rates, is it better for madvr or dsplayer to do it?
Warner agued that it would be best to let madvr change the refresh rate.

I have to admit, in both cases it really takes ages to switch the refresh rate.

Therefore, I switch the standart refresh rate to 24, as I mainly watch movies.
Hello again,
about my problems above I think maybe the problem could be the xy sub filter. I had to an old beta version (744) the ONLY ONE that works and leaves me the subtitles on the black bar and not above.
All the others after 5 minutes of play they went up by themselfs.
Someone has any idea what is generating this behavior? It's not the zoom option I tried that already (move subtitles on the black bar).
(2017-01-05, 00:40)swatch Wrote: Hey there.
I´m so happy that i found this build.
To use MadVR with the best Media Browser.

This is such a awesome work from you guys.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Smile
I´m really happy.

So now.
in MPC-HC it works

Sorry for the noob Question: Can you suggest me a remote?
Which one do you guys use.
My PC is behind me, would be good to have one with a good receiver, and one which is up 2 date, so that it is easy to configure Smile
I need to access the menus with the arrow button, start stop, forward, backward.
And i have to enter the zoom menu.

And i can´t find a saturation controller. I need to add some saturation, more colors...

Maybe you can help me with this "few things"
Thanks and greetings Smile

No, Dmitri Render.

I suggest a Harmony remote: 220677 (thread)

madVR has controls for color saturation.
(2017-01-05, 14:06)MagikMark Wrote: Not sure if this has been answered already

When switching refresh rates, is it better for madvr or dsplayer to do it?

I don't think it matters. Experiment with both.
Thx for the latest release.

(2017-01-05, 00:40)swatch Wrote: So now.
in MPC-HC it works

Hey, I'm using it too and it works ok.

In KODI DSPlayer section you need to switch in "Filters management" to "Media rules and Filters configuration"
then in "- Filters configuration" -> "Add new filter..." -> "System filters list" -> "DmitriRender"
You'll prolly need to set the "filter type" to "Extra filter" and save filter changes
Now in the "Filters configuration" it should appears as "DmitriRender (dmitrirender)"

Switch back "Filters management" to "Internal filters"
now you should be able to add "DmitriRender (dmitrirender)" to one "- Extra external filter"

Hope it helps.
I have 2 questions.

Did the Kodi devs get rid of time-seeking or is it just a bug in the DSplayer? For example, I can't just type 1,2,0,0 and skip to the 12-minute mark of a video anymore.

Which audio filter do you guys use? I find FFDaudiodec to produce a clearer sound profile, but I have to adjust my volume about 25-30 units higher than I do when I just use the built-in player to achieve the same loudness.
(2017-01-05, 20:17)RamboUnchained Wrote: I have 2 questions.

Did the Kodi devs get rid of time-seeking or is it just a bug in the DSplayer? For example, I can't just type 1,2,0,0 and skip to the 12-minute mark of a video anymore.

Which audio filter do you guys use? I find FFDaudiodec to produce a clearer sound profile, but I have to adjust my volume about 25-30 units higher than I do when I just use the built-in player to achieve the same loudness.

It depends if you are bitstreaming or not. The volume of a bitstream will always be the same. If you're not bitstreaming, mixing with LAV Audio and/or FFDShow is possible.

I'm not sure why the sound is clearer, as it is digital audio regardless of how it is mixed.
  • 276(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47