• 303(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
also, its getting really hard to find the latest version of this, have to go through pages and pages of posts to find maybe one random post.

Can someone paste a link to the latest stable version, is that on page one the latest stable as it has no version number on it on download, doesnt even say RC1, getting version confusing and messy this thread.
You can always find the latest official release of DSPlayer from our genius aracnoz at the first page of this thread.

I want to help the community so i merge the latest PR from the Krypton branch into aracnoz DSPlayer branch. My releases are not official and they contain no bug fixes only the merged PR from Krypton branch. Often aracnoz
surprises us with bug fixes and new features when a Krypton official is released. So maybe aracnoz surprises us when Krypton 17.1 will be released. :-)

If you want to test and use my builds you are welcome but you need to read through this thread.

My latest unofficial builds:
x32 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0jBz9...m1mUld3dHc
x64 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0jBz9...i1iYzREeTQ
(2017-03-12, 01:49)_Andy_ Wrote: You can always find the latest official release of DSPlayer from our genius aracnoz at the first page of this thread.

I want to help the community so i merge the latest PR from the Krypton branch into aracnoz DSPlayer branch. My releases are not official and they contain no bug fixes only the merged PR from Krypton branch. Often aracnoz
surprises us with bug fixes and new features when a Krypton official is released. So maybe aracnoz surprises us when Krypton 17.1 will be released. :-)

If you want to test and use my builds you are welcome but you need to read through this thread.

Thanks hope its fixed now Smile Thanks Alot Smile
(2017-03-12, 01:49)_Andy_ Wrote: You can always find the latest official release of DSPlayer from our genius aracnoz at the first page of this thread.

Um. this is a lot older than the latest Kodi 17.1 RC. Can you update it so it works on latest version of 17.1 RC?
your neighborhood beta tester
I installed kodi-17.0.1-Krypton_DSPlayer_x64.exe it worked for couple of hours and suddenly it started to crash on the startup.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Kodi.exe
Application Version: 17.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 589f2288
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7c78c
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 000000000000a49d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 27a6
Additional Information 2: 27a636914bb02c1e44866e7831067d70
Additional Information 3: 98c3
Additional Information 4: 98c37bf3791e265ce84305a6e34f20e2

I deleted roaming folder I uninstalled it and reinstalled it few times no luck.

The main question is where Kodi dsplayer version store filters config file, or maybe it stores config in registry?
Maybe the latest version of madvr is responsible?
(2017-03-12, 00:18)stoolzo Wrote: getting a couple of bugs with this version, one I think it krypton which was fixed with a later version, one is defo DS though.

1. When I press the video menu there is an an overlay which lightens the screen until the gui disapears again, krypton was also doing this with an older version.

2. Sometimes DS doesnt drop back to correct 4k desktop resolution. I have DS set as 1080p so it plays my 1080p stuff in 1080p and does not upscale as I am sure my TV 4K OLED does a better of job. When I close DS though my desktop sometimes remains 1080p

any help would be useful.

Thanks.

just bumping this incase anyone missed, problem 1 looks to me like the overlay is set using the wrong colour space which is why its washing out the video when you skip, press pause etc.

Any news on MADVR getting properly support for 4k?, its a total mess trying to get DS player to play some 4k stuff, mostly it just crashes, i'm having to use an external player for 4k stuff which is annoying which mean I have to name everyting 4K to deploy the external player.
(2017-03-13, 03:37)stoolzo Wrote: just bumping this incase anyone missed, problem 1 looks to me like the overlay is set using the wrong colour space which is why its washing out the video when you skip, press pause etc.

Any news on MADVR getting properly support for 4k?, its a total mess trying to get DS player to play some 4k stuff, mostly it just crashes, i'm having to use an external player for 4k stuff which is annoying which mean I have to name everyting 4K to deploy the external player.

madvr does have proper 4k support.

Try turning off accelerated video decode for everything but HEVC/.h265.
(2017-03-13, 03:37)stoolzo Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 00:18)stoolzo Wrote: getting a couple of bugs with this version, one I think it krypton which was fixed with a later version, one is defo DS though.

1. When I press the video menu there is an an overlay which lightens the screen until the gui disapears again, krypton was also doing this with an older version.

2. Sometimes DS doesnt drop back to correct 4k desktop resolution. I have DS set as 1080p so it plays my 1080p stuff in 1080p and does not upscale as I am sure my TV 4K OLED does a better of job. When I close DS though my desktop sometimes remains 1080p

any help would be useful.

Thanks.

just bumping this incase anyone missed, problem 1 looks to me like the overlay is set using the wrong colour space which is why its washing out the video when you skip, press pause etc.

As has been said, no issue playing anything, inc 10 bit 4k hevc, so must be an issue your end.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
I have two problems with 4k playback, sometimes it crashes but the main problem is MADVR display modes. If I add 2160p display modes to MADVR it totally messes up KODI for me, its always done this, in every version including the Jarvis versions. With these set, when I play a 1080p movie it either plays it in a little box in the top right hand side of screen, or its massively zoomed and I only see the top right hand side of the picture.

I havent been able to resolve this issue within dropping in and out of windowed mode, this resets it but it just breaks again.

I've tried everything to resolve this, fresh installs of KODI and GFX drivers galore, the only think I havent done is rebuild my OS.
(2017-03-15, 13:06)stoolzo Wrote: I have two problems with 4k playback, sometimes it crashes but the main problem is MADVR display modes. If I add 2160p display modes to MADVR it totally messes up KODI for me, its always done this, in every version including the Jarvis versions. With these set, when I play a 1080p movie it either plays it in a little box in the top right hand side of screen, or its massively zoomed and I only see the top right hand side of the picture.

I havent been able to resolve this issue within dropping in and out of windowed mode, this resets it but it just breaks again.

I've tried everything to resolve this, fresh installs of KODI and GFX drivers galore, the only think I havent done is rebuild my OS.

I know some people use MadVR's switching function. However, for me, I disable that in Madvr, and let Kodi change the resolution, and I set Kodi to use FullScreen window, with my resolution set at 2160p. Plays all content (640, 720,1080, 4k etc) at 2160, at 24p, 50p, and 60p no problem. In MadvR im using dx11, and full screen exclusive mode.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2017-03-15, 13:43)oldpainless Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 13:06)stoolzo Wrote: I have two problems with 4k playback, sometimes it crashes but the main problem is MADVR display modes. If I add 2160p display modes to MADVR it totally messes up KODI for me, its always done this, in every version including the Jarvis versions. With these set, when I play a 1080p movie it either plays it in a little box in the top right hand side of screen, or its massively zoomed and I only see the top right hand side of the picture.

I know some people use MadVR's switching function. However, for me, I disable that in Madvr, and let Kodi change the resolution, and I set Kodi to use FullScreen window, with my resolution set at 2160p. Plays all content (640, 720,1080, 4k etc) at 2160, at 24p, 50p, and 60p no problem. In MadvR im using dx11, and full screen exclusive mode.

K

Cheers, i'll give that a go, its probably the only thing I havent tried, I'm also having problems with it not switching back to 2160p when i'm closing kodi.
got some joy with that. I fond that setting display modes in madvr with both 1080p and 2160p values and then setting kodi as 2160 resolution everything plays ok but is upscaled, KODI is ignoring the 1080p modes and just upscaling everything.

Now this is fine until you try playing an MKV MVC ripped 3D movies,its doing a double upscale on these for some reason, its massively zooming these.

The only way to correct these two issues is set KODI as 1080p, what should then happen is that kodi / madvr will play 1080p movies in 1080p and leave my TV to upscale them and play 2160p movies natively in 2160p.#

this is where the crashes start, 1080p stuff plays ok, as does 3D stuff but when I play 4k stuff it seem to downscale, it tries to play it in a little windows top left hand side but then crashes.

So I have the choice of upscaling everything and having no 3D playback unless I use and external player, or have not stable 4k playback.

I actually have problems with standard version of krypton sometimes I dont think the Krypton release has been properly optimised for 4k HTPC's - if you dont have a 4k TV you're laughing..
ok managed to get this stable but i've had to scrap 1080p playback completely, KODI just isnt stable with a mixture of resolutions configured accross kodi, the PC and MADVR, I suspect there are priorities fighing against each other here which is making it crash or just not work properly. No amount of fiddling gets everything workking, here is my most stable setup.

Set KODI to 2160p
Take 1080p modes out of MADVR, just use 2160p modes.
Exclusive mode needs to be turned on for 3D MVC to work, especially if you are using an external player.
3D MVC will only work in 1080p mode so as i am forcing coding and MADVR to output only in 2160p 3D MVC doesnt work properly, it either double upscales or crashes, the work around here is to setup external filters in MPC-HC and use this as an external player, if you set this to open in full screen this works fine.

Rest if my PC settings if anyone is interested / has a AMD gpu using the crappy crimson drivers.

1. use radeon mod to force 16-235
2. Set FULL RGB 4:4:4 pixel format
3. Set TV to: LOW / HDMI LOW whatever your TV calls (16-235)
4. These settings will crush your desktop and youtube, there is no way around this if you want to get BTB / WTW, my work around is a bit of software call gamma panel where you can setup presets to dail the brightness up when watching youtube videos etc.
6. KODI 16-235 ON
7. MADVR set to 16-235

-----------------------------------
(2017-03-15, 23:47)stoolzo Wrote: .

1. use radeon mod to force 16-235
2. Set FULL RGB 4:4:4 pixel format
3. Set TV to: LOW / HDMI LOW whatever your TV calls (16-235)
4. These settings will crush your desktop and youtube, there is no way around this if you want to get BTB / WTW, my work around is a bit of software call gamma panel where you can setup presets to dail the brightness up when watching youtube videos etc.
6. KODI 16-235 ON

-----------------------------------

if you are forcing 15-235, and setting FULL RGB (which is 0 to 255, thus the full part) windows will look bad. Your setup does NOT allow BTB/WTW, you are forcing the BTB and WTW go go away with the forced Low, but windows is trying to do FULL and then the driver crushes it because of the mod. This setup makes absolutely no sense.

Basically what I am saying is. you are telling your windows, hey i can do 0 to 255 so set yourself up to do that, so windows does, then everything else goes wonky because of the mod. Seems your tv isn't truly FULL RGB 4:4:4.
Also, some tv's when changing refresh rates stop using FULL RGB, and I suspect yours does that, thus why it doesn't seem to look right when playing videos when Windows OS (youtube stuff) looks right.

You may need to just stop changing refresh rates and use Smooth Motion, or you can try Blusky'sFRC (as I use with my setup, with an RX480, and my tv does that change refresh rate and loses full rgb)
  • 303(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47