• 318(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-05-28, 20:39)bkrieger Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 07:16)pagali Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 07:08)bkrieger Wrote: After downloading this update 17.3, when I open Kodi and go to system, it says Kodi version 17.1. Why is this?

After downloading, you need to actually install it. Did you do that, and just forgot to mention it? Big Grin

Worked fine for me on 2 computers... Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Of course I installed it. I'm using Windows 10
Are you sure you installed it over the top of the old installation and not in a new folder of its own? I've done that sometimes and then wondered why my old shortcuts don't work Wink
Yes, that was the problem. Fixed now. For some reason the short cut was still active and I had to go into my Kodi folder to open the new version. Not sure why or where the old shortcut was pointing to.

Thanks
Also, the last few months when opening Kodi, I get pop up messages saying "cannot download information". I thought it had to do with downloading fan art using imd, but I turned the imd off on my video files. Any idea how to get rid of these messages?
(2017-05-29, 04:13)bkrieger Wrote: Also, the last few months when opening Kodi, I get pop up messages saying "cannot download information". I thought it had to do with downloading fan art using imd, but I turned the imd off on my video files. Any idea how to get rid of these messages?

If it happens each and every time then try disabling your addons one by one as it sounds like something has gone rogue. I'd also imagine there's a more detailed error message in your Kodi logs.
(2017-05-29, 04:13)bkrieger Wrote: Also, the last few months when opening Kodi, I get pop up messages saying "cannot download information". I thought it had to do with downloading fan art using imd, but I turned the imd off on my video files. Any idea how to get rid of these messages?

Submit a Debug Log. Instructions are in my signature below. Use the Basic method.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Last time I tried to submit a log I was told since I have some addons that maybe questionable, they would not help me.
Yes, that is still true.

We do not support anybody with those add-ons for a number of reasons, the most important being...

1. Those add-ons enable Piracy and Copyright Infringement which is illegal in a growing number of countries around the world. We will not be a party in assisting anybody to commit those acts.
2. Those add-ons are written by others that are not connected or associated with Kodi. Kodi should not be responsible for repairing the faults caused by others.
3. Those add-ons modify the original Kodi code so we don't know what those modifications do to a persons installation
4. A lot of those add-ons may perform other functions without the users knowledge or permission (spyware, malware, keyloggers etc)
5. Those add-ons are ruining the reputation of Kodi.

Talk or mention of them will see your post sent to the garbage bin as you have probably already experienced. Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Great work! TNX!!
I can't get the Internal Audio Renderer (Sanear) to work on the 32bit or 64bit version of Kodi 17.3. Any ideas on how to get it working?
(2017-05-29, 17:34)SirEnityNow Wrote: I can't get the Internal Audio Renderer (Sanear) to work on the 32bit or 64bit version of Kodi 17.3. Any ideas on how to get it working?

Did you try to install it separately?
I did, but it threw a bunch of errors and wouldn't install with Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017. I'm not sure if I was doing it right, but there isn't any instructions online. I went to github and downloaded the zip file of "sanear-master". I then opened the file "sanear-dll.sln" in Visual Studio and right-clicked "Solution 'sanear-dll' (8 projects)" and clicked "Build Solution". It's mostly giving me error code "C1083: Cannot open source file ... No such file or directory" and one error "LNK1104: Cannot open file \sanear-master\dll\bin\Debug32\obj\sanear.lib".

And the output reads:
7>Done building project "sanear-dll.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 7 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I've never used Visual Studio, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I use this version without any problems

https://github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/issues/12

Post Nr3.

its newer then the official v0.3
@Sylus That one you linked worked! Thank you!

For those that have never installed a .ax file (like me), here's how to install Sanear.
1. Download Sanear
2. Unzip the file
3. Copy the appropriate sanear file for your computer (not the Kodi version!) (32-bit: sanear.ax | 64-bit: sanear64.ax)
4. Paste the file into your System32 folder (C:\Windows\System32)
5. Type cmd into your program search, right-click it and select "Run as administrator"
6. In the command window, type "regsvr32 sanear.ax" for the 32-bit version, or "regsvr32 sanear64.ax" for the 64-bit version. Don't type the quotes.
7. Open Kodi and go to the DSPlayer settings and select "Sanear Audio Renderer" as your Audio Renderer

It should now work!
I have installed the previous DS release in the Program Files (86)
Is it 32 or 64 bit?
Thanks
(2017-05-31, 19:20)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: I have installed the previous DS release in the Program Files (86)
Is it 32 or 64 bit?
Thanks

32-bit.
  • 318(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47