• 329(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-08-05, 22:32)stoolzo Wrote: I can see it using 444 and 420.
One other thing, I'm assuming you know what you're doing in your GPU setup, but 444 and 420 are usually used to differentiate YCbCr color space with different levels of chroma sub-sampling, not different video levels. Switching between one and the other isn't necessarily changing your video from limited to full, since video levels can be full or limited regardless of the amount of chroma sub-sampling. A more accurate test would to set your GPU to RGB, and then try it with both full and limited color spaces.
(2017-08-07, 07:14)Unno Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 22:32)stoolzo Wrote: ok, found the scene, its at 01:38. Thats not banding though, thats just common compression noise and I can see it using 444 and 420. I'm still thinking about going back to RGB though but 420 solves lots of problems for me, I use my HTPC as a full media center for web, photos etc so its a lot easier to not have change and mess with colour spaces and other settings, everything just works with 420 as it should.

I would change in a second though if someone can show me a clip that highlights banding created by 420, not only have not seen any that I know isnt present on the master but if you google it nothing comes up.

I no longer have a copy of La La Land, because I hated the movie and got rid of it. Anyway, I'm not sure if that's the right time or not. I would have thought it was later, but if she's singing that song about her aunt in Paris, it's the right time. I know the difference between banding and compression noise. On my screen, there is banding in that scene when I'm running FLL. There isn't any banding when I'm running LFL.

On your setup, you apparently don't have that problem, which is cool. Although, if scaling isn't giving you any banding, I kind of wonder why you don't just run FFF, since your screen supports it, and you'd get better looking colors on non-video stuff. Anyway, I don't have any other clips to tell you about off the top of my head, but if there's no banding or you're not noticing it, why does it really matter? As you said, running limited is easier. Unfortunately, due to banding on my screen, this is not a good option for me.

Hi, i'm undecided at the moment which is best as if I go 444 I lose 10bit, and HDR, there isnt enough bandwidth with HDMI to process 444 at 4k 60hz for instance,

If I was running a 1080p desktop I probably would.
(2017-08-06, 18:20)ohcd Wrote: I installed DSPlayer 17.3 Krypton - build (20170525-71390e4) on my pc with window 10, but the director's dvd files do not start with DSPlayer, but only with the internal kodi playr.
How do i play dvd with kodi + DSPlayer?
Help me to please
thank you
(2017-08-07, 08:55)Unno Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 22:32)stoolzo Wrote: I can see it using 444 and 420.
One other thing, I'm assuming you know what you're doing in your GPU setup, but 444 and 420 are usually used to differentiate YCbCr color space with different levels of chroma sub-sampling, not different video levels. Switching between one and the other isn't necessarily changing your video from limited to full, since video levels can be full or limited regardless of the amount of chroma sub-sampling. A more accurate test would to set your GPU to RGB, and then try it with both full and limited color spaces.

good call on FFF, i've scrapped the idea of playing HDR now as its just too problematic so I dont need my PC set as 10 bit anymore, going to just play those using PLEX on my TV itself.
what are the minimum hardware specs to run KodiDSPlayer with madVR enabled? Can I run this on a Asus Chromebox?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
(2017-08-08, 12:35)THX-UltraII Wrote: what are the minimum hardware specs to run KodiDSPlayer with madVR enabled? Can I run this on a Asus Chromebox?

The minimum requirement is a gaming GPU, so I don't think a Chromebox would be good enough.
(2017-08-08, 12:35)THX-UltraII Wrote: what are the minimum hardware specs to run KodiDSPlayer with madVR enabled? Can I run this on a Asus Chromebox?

depends on your specs, there are different CPU load outs for the chromebox. If its an i5 or i7 it will be fine even if its got the older intel 4000 graphics chipset.

you dont really need a heavy gpu unless you are doing loads of upscaling and processing which you dont really have to do if the movies you are playing are already 1080p.

you wont be able to play any 4k stuff beyond 2160p 24hz as it will like only have HDMI 1.4 connections.

I have one HTPC with an i3 1st gen from 2010 and another with a i3 4th gen. Both using integrated GPU - both run great. But 4k would be out of the question for me.

You could run MADVR with almost any hardware if using 1080p content, just lower the quality options...
(2017-08-07, 11:04)stoolzo Wrote: good call on FFF, i've scrapped the idea of playing HDR now as its just too problematic so I dont need my PC set as 10 bit anymore, going to just play those using PLEX on my TV itself.
Cool. Good point on the HDMI bandwidth issue. I hadn't thought about that. Still, most of the HDR content you'll encounter would probably be films, right? So you could probably run them with HDR in Full-Range at 24Hz. I'm not sure how all that's setup though. Maybe there'd be some annoying switching required.
(2017-08-09, 14:15)Unno Wrote:
(2017-08-07, 11:04)stoolzo Wrote: good call on FFF, i've scrapped the idea of playing HDR now as its just too problematic so I dont need my PC set as 10 bit anymore, going to just play those using PLEX on my TV itself.
Cool. Good point on the HDMI bandwidth issue. I hadn't thought about that. Still, most of the HDR content you'll encounter would probably be films, right? So you could probably run them with HDR in Full-Range at 24Hz. I'm not sure how all that's setup though. Maybe there'd be some annoying switching required.

Hi, you cant even set 10 bit on the graphics card unless you drop to 4:2:0 so you cant use full range anyway, most downloadable HDR stuff is10 bit. If I drop to 1080p it works however but that defeats the object of my recent 4k upgrade or PC, RECEVER and TV.

Happy with FFF at the moment, if I find a way to change colour space and bit range on the fly i'll defo be back to FULL RGB though.
Hi!

I guess this one is for Aracnoz but any help is welcome, maybe someone may find a way to improve DSPlayer even more Nod

I have an issue with this video https://mega.nz/#!oypi1IYQ!xh__F2et04mJs...4dgOorJ5Tw :

When I try to play it with DSPlayer (whatever the video renderer is, madvr or EVR) Kodi crashes instantly.
Using Videoplayer or an external player such as MPC-HC 64bit + madvr + LAV filter, it plays fine.

Regards,
(2017-08-09, 23:02)Dklktn_Dklktn Wrote: Hi!

I guess this one is for Aracnoz but any help is welcome, maybe someone may find a way to improve DSPlayer even more Nod

I have an issue with this video https://mega.nz/#!oypi1IYQ!xh__F2et04mJs...4dgOorJ5Tw :

When I try to play it with DSPlayer (whatever the video renderer is, madvr or EVR) Kodi crashes instantly.
Using Videoplayer or an external player such as MPC-HC 64bit + madvr + LAV filter, it plays fine.

Regards,

yeah no thanks, not installing anything just to download a file to help someone, MEGAsync where probably safe aint going anywhere near my machine, put it on your dropbox public folder and paste a link.
(2017-08-09, 23:07)stoolzo Wrote: yeah no thanks, not installing anything just to download a file to help someone, MEGAsync where probably safe aint going anywhere near my machine, put it on your dropbox public folder and paste a link.

Sorry about that, I though it was possible to download via MEGA without installing sth Angel. Maybe Google Drive is better?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2sQT3A...sp=sharing
(2017-08-09, 23:02)Dklktn_Dklktn Wrote: Hi!

Regards,

crashes mine too, try re-encoding it, could be corrupt, however it plays ok in my MPC too, you could post your crash log maybe.
Can I translate the DSPlayer Menu? If so, what file do I have to edit?
  • 329(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47