• 35(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
I like the finesharp option in 0.88 albeit at a low level.
(2015-05-09, 13:47)aracnoz Wrote: @djoole

i will merge this and other commits when the official isengard beta2 come out (it should be out today)

in the mean time can you pls test this latest build, it should solve definitely the problems on stop

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zwmk1w...ngard3.rar

Will test it tonight, I've been AFK since saturday..
Is there a difference between MadVR Pulldown vs Kodi (Isengard build) "Sync Playback To Display" Pulldown?

"Sync playback to display" seem to make the movie super smooth, no matter if it's 24Hz or 60, with it turned off or MadVR at 24Hz i would get random stutters here and then which i've been unable to fix.

One thing i noticed with it on is that the movie framerate is jumping back and forth between 23.5Hz and 24.5, on MadVR it always stays on 23.976 or 24.000.

It wouldn't be possible to enable it with DSPlayer? (Haven't tried, but doubt it as it'd interfere with MadVR).

I believe Stereoscopic player uses some similar method as it's supersmooth by default.

The only reason i stopped with MadVR was because of this, i'm not sure if it's my display who can't do stable 24Hz.
As far as I know, there's no way that a display (unless defective) fluctuates between 23.5 and 24.5.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-05-11, 16:24)ashlar Wrote: As far as I know, there's no way that a display (unless defective) fluctuates between 23.5 and 24.5.

That's correct. You would get all sorts of frame drops if this was so. If those counters are normal and Adjust display to refresh rate is enabled, then everything should be normal. A person could still turn on Smooth Motion in madVR to make things even smoother.

I think the myth is believing 24hz playback will be perfectly smooth compared to 60hz playback. This is not true. The human eye can easily differentiate the difference in framerate when it is this low. This is a compromise of the TV attempting to fill the role of a movie projector.

There is one caveat to this. Some TV's, I've been told, don't support a proper 24p mode and use some sort of pulldown while reporting 24p playback. This is discussed by this Team Kodi member: 1619043 (post). It seems likely this is your problem.

I've also heard LCD screens are worse at playing 24p material due to its weakness in displaying motion. This poster summarizes this:

"Of the modern display technologies LCD is the worst for motion blurring and juddering, it inherently holds the image on the screen until the next frame comes along, so it jumps instantly frame to frame instead of having the needed moment of blackness between frames to force your brain to fill in the gaps. Depending on how fast the object on screen is moving and if it is an object you are interested in or involuntarily tracking with saccadic eye movement or peripheral vision, it will appear to blur or jump as the eye/brain attempts to do smooth pursuit reflex to track the object."

That sounds like what I'm seeing, an exaggerated depiction of an actual 24hz framerate.
(2015-05-11, 14:08)djoole Wrote:
(2015-05-09, 13:47)aracnoz Wrote: @djoole

i will merge this and other commits when the official isengard beta2 come out (it should be out today)

in the mean time can you pls test this latest build, it should solve definitely the problems on stop

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zwmk1w...ngard3.rar

Will test it tonight, I've been AFK since saturday..

Tested it, back to original bug :

Code:
21:17:34 T:2768   ERROR: CGUIFontTTFDX::CopyCharToTexture: Failed to upload from sysmem to vidmem (0x8876086C)
21:17:34 T:2768   ERROR: Previous line repeats 57 times.
in the screenshot (don't why it's so dark), there is a big white buggy band on top of the menu. Graphical glitch could be different each time.

But position is saved Smile Smile Smile
@djoole

i made alot of changes after that build,

but i tested right now the latest testbuild posted with the kodi webserver, that use the same jsonrpc api, and works without issue here

can you post the full debug log?
I have another issue that I didn't have with the previous builds, and that affect me even if i don't use Json stop method.

After viewing a video to the end credits, when I stop it with x key, i get a black screen.
Nothing is frozen or crashe, just black screen.
Pressing keys don't change it. Pressing ALT+TAB only makes the mouse pointer appear, nothing else.
Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL makes the graphic environment appear.
And after that, i can ALT TAB to Kodi and everything is working.

Here is the debug log for this issue (stop at 00:43:01) : http://xbmclogs.com/pkclgxicg
I think it's only occuring when you watch the video til the end and it is marked as watched.

And as for the graphical glitches after sopting from Json, here are some logs (stop by Remote appli at 00:55:05) : http://xbmclogs.com/pgzd8hxk5
In the log on ecan see there is a paused call before the stop, but i didn't pause... is it normal?

In any case, i'm going back to previous build to make sure i didn't have these 2 problems.
@djoole

You were using madVR 0.88.* during these tests?

anyway today i made some improvements for madVR

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ngdkk...ngard4.rar

pls report full debug
Hi , do you know how work DSplayer with Imon VFD ?
Kodi Helix 14.2 - Windows 7 64 bits - Zalman HD160 Plus
@aracnoz,
No, I'm still on 0.87.XX
Should I jump to 0.88 in order to test your last build?
(2015-05-12, 02:12)aracnoz Wrote: @djoole

pls report full debug

using madvr v0.88.4 and the latest build you have posted its working a treat - no crashes yet.

Thanks for the amazing work!

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2015-05-12, 09:16)djoole Wrote: @aracnoz,
No, I'm still on 0.87.XX
Should I jump to 0.88 in order to test your last build?

it should be indifferent, there was a bug with madVR 0.88.0->0.88.3 that was afflicting all players that it's solved with madVR 0.88.4, anyway you have to consider that with these latest build madshi has introduced alot of new features that could take some weeks to be tested for good, the stop process should be good as with madVR 0.87.21

the only things that i can say for sure it's that dsplayer cannot change the parameters of these new features through the gui, I will add support to these features when they will be near to a final version
OK, so I'll stay on 0.87, I'm good with the image quality i get with it.

I'll try to test your build tonight.

@oldpainless, you say everything's good.. have you tried to stop with a jsonrpc request (you can use the Officiel Kodi Remote app to do that)?
And have you tried to play a video until the end so that it's marked as watched?
Just asking but anyway I'll be testing it.
(2015-05-12, 02:12)aracnoz Wrote: @djoole

pls report full debug

I think the lip-sync is slightly off in this build compared to the last stable build. I noticed that in the last test build, as well.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47