• 356(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Feature required / removal - any chance with next release we could remove the "full screen exclusive mode" option and have this mirror the MADVR icon setting the same way DIRECT 3D does, a toggle has been added to MADVR so FSE can be turned off and on with a key, however it doesnt work with KODI DS as its been baked in as a setting, so it has to be turned off manually both in MADVR and DS.
(2017-12-23, 23:58)mclingo Wrote: Feature required / removal - any chance with next release we could remove the "full screen exclusive mode" option and have this mirror the MADVR icon setting the same way DIRECT 3D does, a toggle has been added to MADVR so FSE can be turned off and on with a key, however it doesnt work with KODI DS as its been baked in as a setting, so it has to be turned off manually both in MADVR and DS.

Hi there, can you please explain what FULL SCREEN EXCLUSIVE MODE is and what it does please? Are we supposed to have it on or off? Thank you for your help.. 👍
I use FSE on but I'm not using DSP.  I don't think it makes a difference.  I use it on because it's a requirement for 3D.  That can be overcome by using a profile to only use FSE when in 3D mode and auto revert back to Windowed.  FSE also allows 10/12bit.  Windowed is 8bit for me.  So, I use FSE ON always.  This may affect other GPU's and/or devices differently.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-12-24, 01:12)mkohman Wrote:
(2017-12-23, 23:58)mclingo Wrote: Feature required / removal - any chance with next release we could remove the "full screen exclusive mode" option and have this mirror the MADVR icon setting the same way DIRECT 3D does, a toggle has been added to MADVR so FSE can be turned off and on with a key, however it doesnt work with KODI DS as its been baked in as a setting, so it has to be turned off manually both in MADVR and DS.

Hi there, can you please explain what FULL SCREEN EXCLUSIVE MODE is and what it does please? Are we supposed to have it on or off? Thank you for your help.. 👍 
Full screen is normally Windowed fullscreen, also refered as borderless windowed full screen. Exclusive full screen is a real full screen, where the use of the whole screen is passed exclusively to one program.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2017-12-24, 01:12)mkohman Wrote:

hi, this required for 3D MVC playback on AMD graphics cards and has been shafted with the latest win10 update, causes pc hangs, therefore its wise to have this turned off most of the time. NVIDIA cards dont need this on.
Now, I don't want to cause a ruckus. An I apologize;

Why did my Windows Defender just pick up Win32/Fuerboos in the latest Kodi DS release? False positive? I want to believe it's false. Due to it being on my other machine for install it only picked it up while I was browsing my network storage.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/thr...rboos.A!cl

I have the same warning from Windows Defender. I was able to download it this morning (32bits build), and could install it (but had to uninstall it because I had some GUI problem with it), and now I can't download it anymore since Defender latest update.
Bypassing Windows Defender... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...s_Defender
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-27, 00:41)Karellen Wrote: Bypassing Windows Defender... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...s_Defender

Thanks, I know how to bypass it Wink.

I've installed Kodi plenty of times, on several Windows machines, and the downloaded file had never been detected with any trojan before.

So before I bypass Defender, I'd rather be assured that this is a false positive Wink
Update: Defender is ok with the same file today, after the latest database update Wink
For the love of god, could someone please help me get this setup? 
So basically after years of using Kodi in 1080p I bought a 4K HDR TV and just kinda expected it all to work, only to find Kodi doesn't support HDR.

So my search leads me to Kodi DSPlayer which uses MadVR.

My objective is to play 4K HDR remuxes. 
So first of all does MadVR require GPU power or CPU power?

I'm using a Geforce GT1030 card with 2Gb RAM and 385.69 drivers, latest Windows 10 fall build.
Latest Kodi DS player 17.6. Full screen mode is enabled, exclusive full screen mode is enabled in MadVR

So basically after lot's of fiddling 4K HDR WORKS!! As in the TV switches to 4K mode in HDR, the image has never looked so good.
I would be rejoicing if it wasn't for the fact it's playing back at about 3FPS

It's so slow there isn't even any sound. Kinda looks like the CPU is doing the work but cannot confirm.
What have I done wrong?
(2017-12-27, 12:50)Stonedofmoo Wrote: For the love of god, could someone please help me get this setup? 
So basically after years of using Kodi in 1080p I bought a 4K HDR TV and just kinda expected it all to work, only to find Kodi doesn't support HDR.

So my search leads me to Kodi DSPlayer which uses MadVR.

My objective is to play 4K HDR remuxes. 
So first of all does MadVR require GPU power or CPU power?

I'm using a Geforce GT1030 card with 2Gb RAM and 385.69 drivers, latest Windows 10 fall build.
Latest Kodi DS player 17.6. Full screen mode is enabled, exclusive full screen mode is enabled in MadVR

So basically after lot's of fiddling 4K HDR WORKS!! As in the TV switches to 4K mode in HDR, the image has never looked so good.
I would be rejoicing if it wasn't for the fact it's playing back at about 3FPS

It's so slow there isn't even any sound. Kinda looks like the CPU is doing the work but cannot confirm.
What have I done wrong?
Aha yes, because I'm an idiot and didn't realise there was an actual DSplayer option within Kodi itself, now I do I realise I didn't have hardware acceleration enabled lol

However, new problem. Image looks great but sound isn't outputting in passthru mode. There doesn't appear to be a WASPI option to choose from in the audio renders?
Also is directx 9 or 11 preferable for 4K HDR playback?
@Stonedofmoo  - you need to configure audio in the dsplayer section, rather than general kodi audio settings.

Let me know if you cant figure it out, and I'll walk you through it.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
I'm finding it hit and miss so far. In DirectX 9 mode films often don't play, while in DX11 mode they usually play on the first go, but if I ever have reason to stop a film or start a new one the next video plays in a 1/4 box in the top left of the TV only.

Quite weird really. I'd really like to know if DX9 or DX11 is the better mode; my Geforce 1030 will support either happily.
Also does this MadVR change the refresh rate of the TV to match the source material? I cannot tell if that is happening.
if can change the refresh rate if you tell it to do as much.  Also, do you have any display scaling going on (windows side, like 150%)?
  • 356(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47