• 361(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-12-29, 16:28)Cynwrig Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 20:07)Stonedofmoo Wrote: I'm finding it hit and miss so far. In DirectX 9 mode films often don't play, while in DX11 mode they usually play on the first go, but if I ever have reason to stop a film or start a new one the next video plays in a 1/4 box in the top left of the TV only.

Quite weird really. I'd really like to know if DX9 or DX11 is the better mode; my Geforce 1030 will support either happily.
Also does this MadVR change the refresh rate of the TV to match the source material? I cannot tell if that is happening.

You have a 1030? I am considering upgrading to this card, can you tell me if you can enable 10 bpc in Nvidia control panel with that card. I searched the whole google without answers. It's the only thing holding me down from buying one. 
 Late reply but yes you can. I have the same with a really realy old CPU and I run 4k HDR 10 bit fine. 20-40% cpu using dxva native with burst at 70-80% cpu.
(2018-01-02, 14:16)Gee11 Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 16:28)Cynwrig Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 20:07)Stonedofmoo Wrote: I'm finding it hit and miss so far. In DirectX 9 mode films often don't play, while in DX11 mode they usually play on the first go, but if I ever have reason to stop a film or start a new one the next video plays in a 1/4 box in the top left of the TV only.

Quite weird really. I'd really like to know if DX9 or DX11 is the better mode; my Geforce 1030 will support either happily.
Also does this MadVR change the refresh rate of the TV to match the source material? I cannot tell if that is happening.

You have a 1030? I am considering upgrading to this card, can you tell me if you can enable 10 bpc in Nvidia control panel with that card. I searched the whole google without answers. It's the only thing holding me down from buying one.    
Better use a 1050TI, the 1030 is too slow and has too less VRAM for good madVR Experience   
 Not true. Using the 1030 and it works fine for 4k hdr. You just have to be careful on what you enable in Madvr
exact.. the 1030 is not powerfull enough to proceed madVR upscalings.. 1050ti is the much better choice and cheap enaugh i think

Did you figure out a solution for the 1/4 videos?
There are all sorts of issues with sub renderers, hard to know where to start with this,  it might be worth testing it outside of KODI DS first. Install MPC-HC with latest LAV filters and set renderer to MADVR, see if you get the same behavior. If you it might be an issue with MADVR itself.
(2018-01-28, 21:46)asagala Wrote:

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, I think the 1/4 box in the top corner is a windows scaling issue.

Display settings / scale and layout / 100%   seemed to fix it for me.
I'm a new user of Kodi DSPlayer with a fairly powerful system (I7, 16 gig of Ram and GTX1060) and I think I have things set up fairly well. I seem to have 4K HDR going to my TV ok with the latest Nvidia drivers, all necessary audio bitstreaming to my AV receiver and a 12TB Plex library that direct plays via Plex Kodi connect.

However it's all well and good having things set up fairly well, but I'd like my system to be working to the best of it's ability. I have read through multiple threads and guides for DSPlayer and Madvr, but many of them seem a bit dated with suggested settings that just don't seem to appear in the latest versions of the software (smoothing for example) and I was wondering if there is a more recent resource anyone here might be able to suggest? Or even a list of the key settings that might be worth tweaking?

Cheers Big Grin
(2018-01-29, 17:48)CraftyClown Wrote:
(2018-01-28, 21:46)asagala Wrote:

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, I think the 1/4 box in the top corner is a windows scaling issue.

Windows scaling is set at 100% . Seems to happen when I have madvr configured to switch refresh rates. If I remove all the display rates and leave the madvr box emtpy it works.

Is that a problem?

What do you mean by Display settings / scale?
(2018-01-29, 19:06)asagala Wrote:
(2018-01-29, 17:48)CraftyClown Wrote:
(2018-01-28, 21:46)asagala Wrote:  Did you figure out a solution for the 1/4 videos? 

Windows scaling is set at 100% . Seems to happen when I have madvr configured to switch refresh rates. If I remove all the display rates and leave the madvr box emtpy it works.

Is that a problem?

What do you mean by Display settings / scale? 
Ah ok, I may be misunderstanding the issue you are having in that case.

I have a 4k TV and my windows 10 box wants to default to 250% scaling. When set like this, occasionally when I finish watching a film or TV show my Kodi interface will scale itself down to a 1080p window and sit in the top corner.

I was referring to the windows display setting options (right click on desktop) however if you are set at 100% then this is clearly not related.
try (in KODI DS) "use full screen window" - ticked.

Also check your MADVR display modes match up, remove any 1080p modes in there, you wont need them if you are upscaling using MADVR which will be batter than your TV.

3D automatically drops to 1080p so you dont need that in there, I know only have 2160p23 in my display modes as I dont any other content.
Bug 
I've got a dump from the DSPlayer.
Here is a stacktrace:
Code:
Thread 1312 (process 5388)
# 0 std::char_traits<char>::compare at c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\iosfwd:517
# 1 std::operator==<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > at c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\xstring:2480
# 2 CGUIDialogMadvrSettingsBase::OnSettingAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\cores\dsplayer\dialogs\guidialogmadvrsettingsbase.cpp:228
# 3 CSettingsManager::OnSettingAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\lib\settingsmanager.cpp:799
# 4 CSettingAction::OnSettingAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\lib\setting.h:446
# 5 CGUIControlButtonSetting::OnClick at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\windows\guicontrolsettings.cpp:586
# 6 CGUIDialogSettingsBase::OnClick at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\dialogs\guidialogsettingsbase.cpp:803
# 7 CGUIDialogSettingsBase::OnMessage at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\dialogs\guidialogsettingsbase.cpp:213
# 8 CGUIControl::SendWindowMessage at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guicontrol.cpp:310
# 9 CGUIButtonControl::OnClick at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guibuttoncontrol.cpp:363
#10 CGUIButtonControl::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guibuttoncontrol.cpp:187
#11 CGUIWindow::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindow.cpp:419
#12 CGUIDialog::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:79
#13 CGUIWindowManager::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:1002
#14 CApplication::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:2081
#15 CInputManager::ExecuteInputAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:640
#16 CInputManager::OnKey at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:586
#17 CInputManager::OnEvent at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:377
#18 CApplication::OnEvent at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:381
#19 CWinEventsWin32::WndProc at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\windowing\windows\wineventswin32.cpp:560
#20 AddClipboardFormatListener
#21 EndTask
#22 EndTask
#23 DispatchMessageW
#24 DispatchMessageA
#25 CWinEventsWin32::MessagePump at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\windowing\windows\wineventswin32.cpp:391
#26 CApplication::FrameMove at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:2778
#27 CGUIWindowManager::ProcessRenderLoop at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:1249
#28 CGUIDialog::Open_Internal at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:197
#29 CGUIDialog::Open_Internal at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:163
#30 CGUIDialog::Open at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:212
#31 CGUIWindowManager::ActivateWindow_Internal at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:814
#32 CGUIWindowManager::ActivateWindow at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:772
#33 CGUIWindowManager::ActivateWindow at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:750
#34 CGUIDialogMadvrSettingsBase::OnSettingAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\cores\dsplayer\dialogs\guidialogmadvrsettingsbase.cpp:212
#35 CGUIDialogVideoSettings::OnSettingAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\video\dialogs\guidialogvideosettings.cpp:214
#36 CSettingsManager::OnSettingAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\lib\settingsmanager.cpp:799
#37 CSettingAction::OnSettingAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\lib\setting.h:446
#38 CGUIControlButtonSetting::OnClick at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\windows\guicontrolsettings.cpp:586
#39 CGUIDialogSettingsBase::OnClick at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\dialogs\guidialogsettingsbase.cpp:803
#40 CGUIDialogSettingsBase::OnMessage at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\settings\dialogs\guidialogsettingsbase.cpp:213
#41 CGUIControl::SendWindowMessage at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guicontrol.cpp:310
#42 CGUIButtonControl::OnClick at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guibuttoncontrol.cpp:363
#43 CGUIButtonControl::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guibuttoncontrol.cpp:187
#44 CGUIWindow::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindow.cpp:419
#45 CGUIDialog::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:79
#46 CGUIWindowManager::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:1002
#47 CApplication::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:2081
#48 CInputManager::ExecuteInputAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:640
#49 CInputManager::OnKey at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:586
#50 CInputManager::OnEvent at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:377
#51 CApplication::OnEvent at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:381
#52 CWinEventsWin32::WndProc at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\windowing\windows\wineventswin32.cpp:560
#53 AddClipboardFormatListener
#54 EndTask
#55 EndTask
#56 DispatchMessageW
#57 DispatchMessageA
#58 CWinEventsWin32::MessagePump at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\windowing\windows\wineventswin32.cpp:391
#59 CApplication::FrameMove at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:2778
#60 CGUIWindowManager::ProcessRenderLoop at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:1249
#61 CGUIDialog::Open_Internal at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:197
#62 CGUIDialog::Open_Internal at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:163
#63 CGUIDialog::Open at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:212
#64 CGUIWindowManager::ActivateWindow_Internal at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:814
#65 CGUIWindowManager::ActivateWindow at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:772
#66 ActivateWindow<0> at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\interfaces\builtins\guibuiltins.cpp:101
#67 CBuiltins::Execute at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\interfaces\builtins\builtins.cpp:167
#68 CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:4460
#69 CApplication::OnMessage at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:4435
#70 CGUIWindowManager::SendMessageA at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:482
#71 CGUIAction::ExecuteActions at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiaction.cpp:62
#72 CGUIButtonControl::OnClick at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guibuttoncontrol.cpp:363
#73 CGUIButtonControl::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guibuttoncontrol.cpp:187
#74 CGUIWindow::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindow.cpp:419
#75 CGUIDialog::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:79
#76 CGUIWindowManager::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:1002
#77 CApplication::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:2081
#78 CInputManager::ExecuteInputAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:640
#79 CInputManager::OnKey at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:586
#80 CInputManager::OnEvent at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:377
#81 CApplication::OnEvent at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:381
#82 CWinEventsWin32::WndProc at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\windowing\windows\wineventswin32.cpp:560
#83 AddClipboardFormatListener
#84 EndTask
#85 EndTask
#86 DispatchMessageW
#87 DispatchMessageA
#88 CWinEventsWin32::MessagePump at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\windowing\windows\wineventswin32.cpp:391
#89 CApplication::FrameMove at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:2778
#90 CGUIWindowManager::ProcessRenderLoop at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:1249
#91 CGUIDialog::Open_Internal at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:197
#92 CGUIDialog::Open_Internal at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:163
#93 CGUIDialog::Open at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guidialog.cpp:212
#94 CGUIWindowFullScreen::ToggleOSD at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\video\windows\guiwindowfullscreen.cpp:435
#95 CGUIWindowFullScreen::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\video\windows\guiwindowfullscreen.cpp:122
#96 CGUIWindowManager::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guiwindowmanager.cpp:1021
#97 CApplication::OnAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:2081
#98 CInputManager::ExecuteInputAction at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:640
#99 CInputManager::OnKey at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:586
#100 CInputManager::OnEvent at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\input\inputmanager.cpp:377
#101 CApplication::OnEvent at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:381
#102 CWinEventsWin32::WndProc at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\windowing\windows\wineventswin32.cpp:560
#103 AddClipboardFormatListener
#104 EndTask
#105 EndTask
#106 DispatchMessageW
#107 DispatchMessageA
#108 CWinEventsWin32::MessagePump at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\windowing\windows\wineventswin32.cpp:391
#109 CApplication::FrameMove at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\application.cpp:2778
#110 CXBApplicationEx::Run at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\xbapplicationex.cpp:140
#111 XBMC_Run at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\platform\xbmc.cpp:89
#112 main at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\platform\posix\main.cpp:79
#113 WinMain at d:\project\0_aracnoz_kodi\xbmc\xbmc\platform\win32\winmain.cpp:123
#114 __scrt_common_main_seh at f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253
#115 BaseThreadInitThunk
#116 RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
#117 RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

Here is a code:
cpp:
const std::string &settingId = setting->GetId();
if (settingId == SETTING_VIDEO_SAVE)
    SaveMadvrSettings();
I think the settingId reference to a string is invalid in the moment of compare.
(2018-01-29, 18:00)CraftyClown Wrote: I'm a new user of Kodi DSPlayer with a fairly powerful system (I7, 16 gig of Ram and GTX1060) and I think I have things set up fairly well. I seem to have 4K HDR going to my TV ok with the latest Nvidia drivers, all necessary audio bitstreaming to my AV receiver and a 12TB Plex library that direct plays via Plex Kodi connect.

However it's all well and good having things set up fairly well, but I'd like my system to be working to the best of it's ability. I have read through multiple threads and guides for DSPlayer and Madvr, but many of them seem a bit dated with suggested settings that just don't seem to appear in the latest versions of the software (smoothing for example) and I was wondering if there is a more recent resource anyone here might be able to suggest? Or even a list of the key settings that might be worth tweaking?

Cheers Big Grin

Hey all,

I don't suppose anyone has any thoughts on the above? I'd really love to get my system optimised for best performance.

Cheers
if you are playing everything with KODI DS / MADVR and you are just using plex as a server then you are on the wrong thread really, to maximize playback quality you need to be on the MADVR forum. However, your question is far too vague really, try to learn a bit more about what MADVR does, how to set it up and how to get the best possible PQ from your GTX 1060. Learn about the differences in filters / rendering / upscaling / downscaling and how these can improve your picture. 

We all have to start somewhere, people can give you some pointers but it would be better to learn it yourself, it will make more sense.

MADVR thread below, loads of info and tutorials on there, its all current and constantly updated by our HTPC hero MADSHI.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228
(2018-01-31, 02:45)mclingo Wrote: if you are playing everything with KODI DS / MADVR and you are just using plex as a server then you are on the wrong thread really, to maximize playback quality you need to be on the MADVR forum. However, your question is far too vague really, try to learn a bit more about what MADVR does, how to set it up and how to get the best possible PQ from your GTX 1060. Learn about the differences in filters / rendering / upscaling / downscaling and how these can improve your picture. 

We all have to start somewhere, people can give you some pointers but it would be better to learn it yourself, it will make more sense.

MADVR thread below, loads of info and tutorials on there, its all current and constantly updated by our HTPC hero MADSHI.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

Thanks mclingo,

Would you suggest I switch off the MadVR controls from within DS and do everything from within MadVR itself?
Delete post
  • 361(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47