• 376(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Let go of what?  I thought we were having a civil discussion although I see you are resorting to swearing and name calling again.  You have a card I do not.  You perked my interests about its ease of use and no problems in your advertising.  I simply asked if you've accomplished what I demand out of a system.  I listed a few points of interest I'm used to and cannot live without.  If so, I ask again, since you have delved into advanced setups and "have an advantage over me regarding recommendations".  Will the AMD cards you have experience with meet my basic demands or not? 

It seems you have the wrong impression about me losing control or something to that affect?  I don't care what card users employ either.  I suggest what works 100% for me based on my experience though, so much so, I share my success down to the last detail so others can too.  If there was any doubt it was not perfectly successful, I certainly wouldn't stick my neck out.  I do care when you steer people toward unproven concepts claiming they are easy and perfect (where is your guide to success) and then in the next breath, ask here and elsewhere if anyone knows how to fix multiple things going wrong with your AMD usage unique to AMD only.  All the while, steering users away from proven concepts by inventing nonsense you consider relative impairment. 

I think the passion you express for your AMD loyalty should not always include your dislike of nVidia thinking the worse you can make the competition look, the better your preference appears.  And should anyone disagree with the tact by presenting real world fact checks or questions, belittle them and side step the conversation?  I understand this nature all too well though.  It's a shame I see it here too.  Politicians, those we look up to and respect enough to represent us as a whole, those whose examples we desire to model our children, have been perfecting and teaching us how to divert attention from their actual skill sets and shortcomings, to instead concentrate on their opponents inefficiencies real or invented.  It really is influential, although it may not lead to the promised land.

I was thinking instead of butting heads, maybe we could collaborate and combine our skills to achieve a detailed documented example of AMD performing well alongside NVidia if you're interested.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
fair enough, however I genuinely felt I was trying to stick too objective facts about the differences between the two cards, its probably best that we move away from recommending cards on this forum and stick to DS issues alone, its off subject anyway.
Sorry to have started an argument between the two of you but I would like to confirm that I have received my Sapphire RX560 4GB and its working like a charm.. No hick ups whatsoever and running on the highest settings of MadVR as shown in pictures below (JAVS Settings from AVS Forums) .. Thanks for your help guys [emoji106]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
really good news, i may get one myself then instead of the massively more expensive 570.

i'd untick the banding artefacts you have,  you shouldnt need that and it does tend to soften the image, thats subjective though.
lol, just bought an RX460 used for £110
I notice you have 'send HDR metadata to the display' Off.  How are you playing an HDR title?  It should look faded with it off like that instead of bright with lots of color.  Are you testing high quality 1:1 files with at least 109 mbps bit rate as well as low end titles like 720's that start making high demand on the GPU?  What about 4k 60Hz playback?  How about frame packed 3D?  If you can play assortment of well rounded title selections, this sounds promising. 

I check the 1st item in trade quality for performance tab for subs and the 2nd DXVA when doing native to let the GPU do the work instead of CPU resources via madVR.  Also, don't you want to put the subs below the video instead of in the video?  Preference.  You get better control/performance using separate profiles instead of using the same scaling algo's for all media, 460p, 720p, 1080p and 2160p if you find you run into titles that fail and need to start lowering settings.  Same with Processing fwiw.  Lastly, what does the detect hard coded black bars do for you?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I forgot to mention that I also tick TQP for subs.
(2018-03-13, 15:15)mclingo Wrote: really good news, i may get one myself then instead of the massively more expensive 570.

i'd untick the banding artefacts you have,  you shouldnt need that and it does tend to soften the image, thats subjective though.
Thank you Smile
@mclingo That's cool.. Congrats but wasn't the RX550 a better model?
(2018-03-13, 16:53)brazen1 Wrote: I notice you have 'send HDR metadata to the display' Off.  How are you playing an HDR title?  It should look faded with it off like that instead of bright with lots of color.  Are you testing high quality 1:1 files with at least 109 mbps bit rate as well as low end titles like 720's that start making high demand on the GPU?  What about 4k 60Hz playback?  How about frame packed 3D?  If you can play assortment of well rounded title selections, this sounds promising. 

I check the 1st item in trade quality for performance tab for subs and the 2nd DXVA when doing native to let the GPU do the work instead of CPU resources via madVR.  Also, don't you want to put the subs below the video instead of in the video?  Preference.  You get better control/performance using separate profiles instead of using the same scaling algo's for all media, 460p, 720p, 1080p and 2160p if you find you run into titles that fail and need to start lowering settings.  Same with Processing fwiw.  Lastly, what does the detect hard coded black bars do for you?
Thank you for your kind reply. The settings posted is from a AVS forum member who reccomended these settings and I was just following what he did.. I will also try what you suggested.. Smile Thanks.

With regards to 3D playback on my very cheap AMD 6450 I had no issues whatsoever . I am not saying I have issues on this card just don't know how I need to enable it.. The Control Panel for the GPU has completely changed from what I am used to.. @mclingo can you please assist me with this and also are there any reccomended settings that I should enable or disable in the amd catalyst control center .. Thank you Smile
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hi, the rx 560 is essentially a refresh of the RX460, virtually identical. The RX550 doent have an older equivalent, it has half the power of the RX 560 no the 460 should be offer me a bit more number crunching in MADVR.
I have actually sorted the 3D thing.. Forgot to enable it in MadVR LOL..Super happy now.. Brilliant..
so glad it all works mate, was starting to question my own advice Smile
(2018-03-12, 18:48)mclingo Wrote: say what?, playing a movie at its intended frame/refresh rate is wrong how exactly?
Aiming exactly for 23.97602389... is not the right way to get perfectly smooth playback. You are on doom9 and you should be by now familiar with how custom resolutions work in this regard. The refresh rate must take into account the audio clock difference. But it's been explained already several times and I don't see how AMD should be superior for this. I have, on Nvidia, zero drops/repeats at 23.976, 50 and 59.94Hz.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
No worries.. Thanks.. How can I checked if there are any frame drops.. I forgot the shortcut for it to see it in kodi.. Can you please advise me.. Thank you
  • 376(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47