• 381(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
made a little progress tonight and so far its a looot better. still a small bug on exit but not nearly as bad.

i'll take some screen shots tomorrow night then post them up to see where i'm going wrong.
Hi All

I've been using Kodi for many years now, but only recently I installed the DSPlayer version (17.6) in order to play my 4K UHD content as it does most of the HDR settings by default.

There is just one problem I have so far, when I play a 4K UHD movie via the DSPlayer using madvr it plays perfectly fine, however as soon as I activate the subtitle while playing the movie it automatically loses HDR (I get washed colors), then when I stop the movie and start it again everything is back to normal. So basically the I lose HDR or the display goes yellow/orange every time I activate the subtitle.

Is there perhaps anybody out there that is experiencing the same or similar problem? Or do I just have the wrong setting?

Any help will be appreciated.
I appreciate what you're saying but copper doesn't work with long lengths.. I mean with 4K 60hz..it has to be fibre optic to transfer the full 18gps signals hence why they are so expensive at the moment..
not well known but you can run HDMI over cat6 with a converter/booster (its what professional installers use), you can also buy a booster for copper HDMI. both will work just fine if you get the correct one.

boosters are used throughout networking infrastructures so its not like its new technology. the reason that optical is sometimes used in networking is due to 'space' constraints and at one point it was the only way to get gbic (gigabit transfer rates). you would be surprised just how much data good old fashioned copper can carry these days. i could be wrong as i have never tried but i'm sure you can run 4k HDR from a NAS.

optical HDMI cables are just an optical fibre with a converter/booster attached, exactly the same as copper HDMI with a booster attached. it matters not the 'medium' its how its utilised. this is true of all medium for data.

if it makes you happy buying an 'all in one' then buy an optical.
If that's the case that would be awesome.. Can you reccomend any boosters please.. Would really appreciate it.. Thank you [emoji106]
you should be fine with cheapish HDR spec copper shielded cables as long as they are under 2 meters, I personally use JuicEBitz®
That's my point though.. I have a 15-20m run... I need to run it through the ceiling ... This is what I found 

HDMI v2.0 cable £88.50 for 20m length
(2018-03-14, 22:42)Bibio Wrote: question for warner306,

looking at the custom profiles in your guide for madvr i noticed that you have...
if (deintFps <= 25) and (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p25"
else if (deintFps <= 25) and ((srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080)) "2160p25"

should that not read...
if (deintFps <= 24) and (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p24"
else if (deintFps <= 24) and ((srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080)) "2160p24"

as the frame rate is 23.9xx (24) in movies not 25.
You are forgetting about 25 fps TV shown in Europe (PAL land where TVs are 50 Hz - 25 x 2). I grouped 24 fps and 25 fps together because they are similar in performance. Once you get up to 30+ fps, then you need a new profile. So two profiles: one for 24-25 fps and one for anything larger than that (mostly 30 fps).
(2018-03-15, 11:34)ClarkKent781115 Wrote: Hi All

I've been using Kodi for many years now, but only recently I installed the DSPlayer version (17.6) in order to play my 4K UHD content as it does most of the HDR settings by default.

There is just one problem I have so far, when I play a 4K UHD movie via the DSPlayer using madvr it plays perfectly fine, however as soon as I activate the subtitle while playing the movie it automatically loses HDR (I get washed colors), then when I stop the movie and start it again everything is back to normal. So basically the I lose HDR or the display goes yellow/orange every time I activate the subtitle.

Is there perhaps anybody out there that is experiencing the same or similar problem? Or do I just have the wrong setting?

Any help will be appreciated.
This sounds like a bug with XySubFilter or DSPlayer. Very hard to fix unless aracnoz fixes it himself. He only visits this forum when major releases are made available. At that time, he usually updates DSPlayer. That could be another six months or more. So don't hold your breath for support. Sorry.

To rule out DSPlayer, download MPC-HC or MPC-BE. Install XySubFilter (the 32-bit  or 64-bit version accordingly). And play a file with madVR. If it works, it is DSPlayer. If not, try the internal subtitle filter for MPC instead. Again, this may or may not work.

My guess is DSPlayer is to blame. But it is too early to tell. If MPC works, then set-up an external player for your 4K UHD files. That can all take place inside of Kodi.
(2018-03-15, 17:21)Warner306 Wrote:

looking at the custom profiles in your guide for madvr i noticed that you have...
else if (deintFps <= 25) and ((srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080)) "2160p25"

should that not read...
else if (deintFps <= 24) and ((srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080)) "2160p24"

You are forgetting about 25 fps TV shown in Europe (PAL land where TVs are 50 Hz - 25 x 2). I grouped 24 fps and 25 fps together because they are similar in performance. Once you get up to 30+ fps, then you need a new profile. So two profiles: one for 24-25 fps and one for anything larger than that (mostly 30 fps). 
yup my noggin figured that one out.. lol

they are only profiles to do 'this or that'

now i take it if your display is 4k you dont add a profile as its native?

here is what i have done and it works a treat upstairs :-)

i suppose if you put >= 23 (greater then or equal to) that would cover all the bases.

i've not added all the profiles just the 2 most common, when and if i come across more i'll add them in.

i left out the image downscaling from the profiles as my monitor is only 1080p and its downscaling 4k lovely :-)
On another forum, a user told me XySubFilter does not support 10-bit output. Is this true?

I know there are users of DSPlayer who must be using this combination and DSPlayer uses XySubFilter.
(2018-03-15, 19:26)Bibio Wrote:
(2018-03-15, 17:21)Warner306 Wrote:

should that not read...

i suppose if you put >= 23 (greater then or equal to) that would cover all the bases.

i've not added all the profiles just the 2 most common, when and if i come across more i'll add them in.

i left out the image downscaling from the profiles as my monitor is only 1080p and its downscaling 4k lovely :-)

Using those profiles, you don’t need the source fps. Just the resolution. Profiles just allow you to max out your graphics card for every resolution rather than use one general profile with compromises.
(2018-03-15, 23:19)Warner306 Wrote: On another forum, a user told me XySubFilter does not support 10-bit output. Is this true?

I know there are users of DSPlayer who must be using this combination and DSPlayer uses XySubFilter.
 everything is fine regarding subtitles with HDR my end and i'm using kodi-dsplayer-madvr.

could it be people trying to watch HDR downscaled to 1080p that might be causing the problem?

i also dont use external subs or dodgy downloaded content from the internet. all my subs are 'embedded' from the original discs.
(2018-03-16, 01:30)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-03-15, 19:26)Bibio Wrote:
(2018-03-15, 17:21)Warner306 Wrote: You are forgetting about 25 fps TV shown in Europe (PAL land where TVs are 50 Hz - 25 x 2). I grouped 24 fps and 25 fps together because they are similar in performance. Once you get up to 30+ fps, then you need a new profile. So two profiles: one for 24-25 fps and one for anything larger than that (mostly 30 fps). 

Using those profiles, you don’t need the source fps. Just the resolution. Profiles just allow you to max out your graphics card for every resolution rather than use one general profile with compromises. 
 yup i worked that out earlier as well... lol
Guys  please forgive me as though I do not want to go off topic again nor do I want to spark any dispute between forum members with regards to AMD or NVIDIA....

As you may know I recently purchased a Sapphire RX560 4GB DDR5 GPU and whilst the card is working absolutely fine, today I found out that the card had no warranty as I contacted Sapphire directly with the S/N from the card. The seller on eBay advised me this was because he had't registered the card as yet and assured me that he would do this and provied me  3 yrs warranty.. I wasn't really happy with this as Sapphire themselves advised me that the warranty had expired on 21/01/2018..

In the end I arranged to return the card back to the seller for a full refund of £165.00 . I was going to buy a Gigabyte RX560 4GB card  when I spoke to the sales rep from Scan.co.uk who reccomended the EVGA 1050ti 4GB SSC ACX3.0. Whilst I agree the specs seem much better on this card , there are 2 x questions I wanted to ask before ordering this card and hope you guys could help me:

1 - Does this card support HDCP 2.2

2 - I read that Nvidia cards need special software in order to play 3D movies or files.. In Kodi would I be able to play 3D iso or 3D movies as I have been with the AMD cards? Does the Nvidia card support 3D311?

Thank you and sorry if these questions are obvious but I have no experience with the NVIDIA platform.
  • 381(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47