• 415(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-05-11, 17:51)CraftyClown Wrote:
(2018-05-11, 13:44)curael Wrote: @CraftyClown 

Hm, nice setup. I have just used the "Power" section of Kodi and go to that and click "Exit Kodi" when I want to exit Kodi. It works just fine. Any reason for the very complex vbs solution? Kodi has it's own exit function. Confused Now, the enter Kodi deal I feel you so much on. I use my center just as you do so I get really tired of having to open Kodi. :p But I use a CEC dongle to use my Samsung remote so my options are fairly limited. I'm okay with remoting the box from my phone and open up Kodi. The box restarts 3 in the morning and opens up Kodi by default, so most of the time, it's alright.. Sometimes I gotta launch it from the desktop. :|

Oh well. ^^

Man, I wish I could have an Echo.. They don't ship them to Denmark, from the UK or the DE store. It's terrible. I want the one with the smart hub built in. Would be awesome. Checking weekly, and it's just never arriving here it seems. Dunno why Amazon won't ship their own products outside of UK/DE when they do it with everything else. I'm jelly.

@Warner306 

By the way Warner, do you have any intel on Team-Kodi's current stance on the likes of DSplayer implementation? I know that last time the offer was made to merge it into Kodi stable the Team said it was simply not good enough. I read some weeks ago, somewhere in the Leia threads, that Team-Kodi was doing a lot of changes in how the player was working. Do you think they'd possibly add in options to make it easier to implement 3rd party players and even utilizing 3rd party splitters, decoders and the likes? Sorta like leaving it in there and just have the platforms utilize it, that can. It's still the dream. I'm so scared we are not going to have DSplayer in Kodi in release 18.
 I actually use the Alexa Dot. It's much cheaper than the rest of the range and is identical to the more expensive products when it comes to implementing home automation.

The reason I have the close Kodi shortcut is purely for speed and simplicity and also because my kodi occasionally hangs when being closed down. I think it's caused by one of my Plug ins (Plex Kodi connect I think. Hugely recommended if you use Plex to manage your library) Either way if I'm watching Kodi and I decide for example I want to play a game, this way I simply press a button on my remote and an activity runs that instantly closes Kodi and opens steam. The same goes for watching a blu ray, Netflix, Amazon, Iplayer. I have shortcuts for everything on my harmony remote. I could manually navigate to the close Kodi option, but when you can do that and start the next thing you want to do with the press of a button, why wait? Big Grin 

Honestly, the Harmony remote with hub and the amazon alexa were two of the best purchases I made for my Home theatre set up. 
 Oh yeah? I'm currently looking at that Logitech Hub and Remote deal.. Hrmm..

No kidding, my Kodi hangs when I exit too sometimes. And I don't have any Plex integration. :| But yeah, then all I can do is force close it. I dunno what causes the hang at this point. It's inconsistent af. Meh.

Hm, but if I got the dot, or the Echo, I'd have to like.. Have another hub somewhere to control everything, correct? Alexa would only be able to fire off commands for the hub, and not actual hub commands, yes? What hub do you use? I'm all ears tbh. I don't know too much about automation yet.

/CuraeL
the problem is that i prefer EVR and madvr for some reason lags the playback. Is there something i can do with the current renders? i'm using Lav Video Decoder, Lav Audio Decoder and ffdshow raw video with SVP
(2018-05-13, 02:05)Runakanta Wrote: the problem is that i prefer EVR and madvr for some reason lags the playback. Is there something i can do with the current renders? i'm using Lav Video Decoder, Lav Audio Decoder and ffdshow raw video with SVP
 You should probably be able to get smooth playback with madVR by adjusting your settings. What kind of GPU and display do you have?
For those wondering if aracnoz is still out there and has forgoten about us, I noticed he made an update to the madVR Settings add-on three months ago. The madVR Settings add-on controls the madVR Video Settings menu, which is accessible during playback.

You can find his last commit from Feb. 7 here: https://github.com/aracnoz/repository.ds...697fcb7f59.
(2018-05-11, 18:06)curael Wrote:
(2018-05-11, 17:51)CraftyClown Wrote:
(2018-05-11, 13:44)curael Wrote: @CraftyClown 

Hm, nice setup. I have just used the "Power" section of Kodi and go to that and click "Exit Kodi" when I want to exit Kodi. It works just fine. Any reason for the very complex vbs solution? Kodi has it's own exit function. Confused Now, the enter Kodi deal I feel you so much on. I use my center just as you do so I get really tired of having to open Kodi. :p But I use a CEC dongle to use my Samsung remote so my options are fairly limited. I'm okay with remoting the box from my phone and open up Kodi. The box restarts 3 in the morning and opens up Kodi by default, so most of the time, it's alright.. Sometimes I gotta launch it from the desktop. :|

Oh well. ^^

Man, I wish I could have an Echo.. They don't ship them to Denmark, from the UK or the DE store. It's terrible. I want the one with the smart hub built in. Would be awesome. Checking weekly, and it's just never arriving here it seems. Dunno why Amazon won't ship their own products outside of UK/DE when they do it with everything else. I'm jelly.

@Warner306 

By the way Warner, do you have any intel on Team-Kodi's current stance on the likes of DSplayer implementation? I know that last time the offer was made to merge it into Kodi stable the Team said it was simply not good enough. I read some weeks ago, somewhere in the Leia threads, that Team-Kodi was doing a lot of changes in how the player was working. Do you think they'd possibly add in options to make it easier to implement 3rd party players and even utilizing 3rd party splitters, decoders and the likes? Sorta like leaving it in there and just have the platforms utilize it, that can. It's still the dream. I'm so scared we are not going to have DSplayer in Kodi in release 18.
 I actually use the Alexa Dot. It's much cheaper than the rest of the range and is identical to the more expensive products when it comes to implementing home automation.

The reason I have the close Kodi shortcut is purely for speed and simplicity and also because my kodi occasionally hangs when being closed down. I think it's caused by one of my Plug ins (Plex Kodi connect I think. Hugely recommended if you use Plex to manage your library) Either way if I'm watching Kodi and I decide for example I want to play a game, this way I simply press a button on my remote and an activity runs that instantly closes Kodi and opens steam. The same goes for watching a blu ray, Netflix, Amazon, Iplayer. I have shortcuts for everything on my harmony remote. I could manually navigate to the close Kodi option, but when you can do that and start the next thing you want to do with the press of a button, why wait? Big Grin 

Honestly, the Harmony remote with hub and the amazon alexa were two of the best purchases I made for my Home theatre set up.  
 Oh yeah? I'm currently looking at that Logitech Hub and Remote deal.. Hrmm..

No kidding, my Kodi hangs when I exit too sometimes. And I don't have any Plex integration. :| But yeah, then all I can do is force close it. I dunno what causes the hang at this point. It's inconsistent af. Meh.

Hm, but if I got the dot, or the Echo, I'd have to like.. Have another hub somewhere to control everything, correct? Alexa would only be able to fire off commands for the hub, and not actual hub commands, yes? What hub do you use? I'm all ears tbh. I don't know too much about automation yet.

/CuraeL 
 I'm using the harmony home hub and 950 remote. I found a great package deal on Amazon marketplace last year. Honestly the best money I've spent on my setup.

Yeah so that occasional hanging when closing is one of the reasons I use force close to exit Kodi. It guarantees it closes first time, every time.

With the dot you do still need the harmony hub and remote, yes. Alexa has something called skills where it can learn to do certain things and Harmony created one that allows it to control your Harmony hub with voice commands.

The whole setup seems a little complicated to start with but once you've got it up and running it's a dream Smile
(2018-05-13, 17:24)Warner306 Wrote: For those wondering if aracnoz is still out there and has forgot about us, I noticed he made an update to the madVR Settings add-on three months ago. The madVR Settings add-on controls the madVR Video Settings menu, which is accessible during playback.

You can find his last commit from Feb. 7 here: https://github.com/aracnoz/repository.ds...697fcb7f59.
 Good to know he's still tinkering away in the background, even if it is just for his own convenience Smile
i'm hoping to see MADVR settings removed from the next version if it comes as its unnecessary to have two areas to update and it can be confusing with FSE and DIRECT3D11 being in bother, all settings for madvr should be taken from MADVR database alone as other players do.

This should also make future compiles much quicker.
My GPU is a Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 290 TRI-X OC, 4GB 512-bit GDDR5, DVI, PCI Express 3.0 (sorry for the long name better safe than sorry) and i use a Bravia KDL32EX723 as monitor.2EX7232EX723
My GPU is a Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 290 TRI-X OC, 4GB 512-bit GDDR5, DVI, PCI Express 3.0 (sorry for the long name better safe than sorry) and i use a Bravia KDL32EX723 as monitor.
(2018-05-14, 13:08)mclingo Wrote: i'm hoping to see MADVR settings removed from the next version if it comes as its unnecessary to have two areas to update and it can be confusing with FSE and DIRECT3D11 being in bother, all settings for madvr should be taken from MADVR database alone as other players do.

This should also make future compiles much quicker.
I would like to see the Video Settings menu stay. It is easy to adjust settings with your remote and everything is saved in the madVR control panel. It's the settings in DSPlayer settings that don't need to be there like Direct 3D11 and fullscreen exclusive mode.

It's aracnoz's player, so I wouldn't expect many changes.
(2018-05-14, 17:40)Runakanta Wrote: My GPU is a Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 290 TRI-X OC, 4GB 512-bit GDDR5, DVI, PCI Express 3.0 (sorry for the long name better safe than sorry) and i use a Bravia KDL32EX723 as monitor.
 Sure, you could benefit from DSPlayer, if that's what you're asking.
Hello all
I am new to DSPlayer and madVR - running great. Thanks.

One question - is it possible to move PGS subtitles? I would like to have the subtitles inside the picture not on the black bars. We have a projector with screen masking. 

Thanks.
(2018-05-14, 19:52)moravec Wrote: Hello all
I am new to DSPlayer and madVR - running great. Thanks.

One question - is it possible to move PGS subtitles? I would like to have the subtitles inside the picture not on the black bars. We have a projector with screen masking. 

Thanks.
madshi uses a 21:9 setup, so I would imagine he uses this feature all the time. If zoom control in madVR is not moving the subtitles, you may need to use DXVA2 copy-back decoding rather than D3D11 Native, as this may be a current limitation of D3D11 Native.

Only PGS subtitles that are rendered in a small rectangle can be moved. Those rendered fullscreen cannot. Most would be in a rectangle.

If this doesn't work, I would look through the options in XySubFilter for placement options.
Can anyone tell me what's going here? This happens when I try to play 4K mkv via Mpc-HC or Kodi. As soon as playback stops, everything is back to normal. 1080p files play without any issue.

I'm using Nvidia 1050 card with latest drivers. Output is going to JVC projector. Projector automatically goes to HDR mode so I'm guessing it has to something MadVr settings? ImageImageImage
(2018-05-15, 02:19)ajamils Wrote: Can anyone tell me what's going here? This happens when I try to play 4K mkv via Mpc-HC or Kodi. As soon as playback stops, everything is back to normal. 1080p files play without any issue.

I'm using Nvidia 1050 card with latest drivers. Output is going to JVC projector. Projector automatically goes to HDR mode so I'm guessing it has to something MadVr settings? ImageImageImage
 You didn't know that all HDR video looks like that?

If you are using D3D11 Native hardware decoding, try DXVA2 (copy-back) instead. I can't remember if this fixed it, but I have seen the pink wave before. It looks like bad video decoding, to me.
  • 415(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47