• 451(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-12-01, 16:00)Warner306 Wrote: A GT 1030 is acceptable at the lowest settings.
Just use stock KODI with MPC-HC or MPC-BE as an external player, works fine, I used to use that before I found DSPLAYER.
Hi, just want to come back to the issue I have with my system, one of two only issues i have left unsolved.

When I stop a 3D movie I completly lose HDMI handshake and get a black screen, it doesnt matter which player i use with MADVR, they all do it. 

however if I put my desktop in 23hz, 1080p or 2160p beforehand, when the movie stop is correctly drops back to the previous desktop resolution. 

I first thought it must be MADVR refresh rate switching but I've now found it also happens with MPC-HC refresh rate switching. The reason I didnt spot this I dont use it often. I thought it didnt do it in KODI DS but it does, what happens is KODI DS doesnt actually drop back to 60hz at all regardless how its set, it always drops back to the refresh rate of the 3d movie, 1080p 23hz, this is why i've never lost HDMI handshake with KODI DS.

So the issue is purely dropping back from 3D to a 2160p desktop or GUI.

Any other AMD card, 4k 3D Tv owners have the same issue?
Hi, just want to come back to the issue I have with my system, one of two only issues i have left unsolved.

When I stop a 3D movie I completly lose HDMI handshake and get a black screen, it doesnt matter which player i use with MADVR, they all do it. 

however if I put my desktop in 23hz, 1080p or 2160p beforehand, when the movie stop is correctly drops back to the previous desktop resolution. 

I first thought it must be MADVR refresh rate switching but I've now found it also happens with MPC-HC refresh rate switching. The reason I didnt spot this I dont use it often. I thought it didnt do it in KODI DS but it does, what happens is KODI DS doesnt actually drop back to 60hz at all regardless how its set, it always drops back to the refresh rate of the 3d movie, 1080p 23hz, this is why i've never lost HDMI handshake with KODI DS.

So the issue is purely dropping back from 3D to a 2160p 60 hz desktop or GUI.

Any other AMD card, 4k 3D Tv owners have the same issue?
You would think someone with an AMD GPU would have experienced something similar.

Did you you ever hear back from AMD about your other issue?
The resizing issue after a resolution change began months ago, went away for a while, and now it's back for some users.  I got rid of it by installing an older driver and thought it was a driver induced problem.  Others are reporting that older drivers do it now too.  That's with nVidia.  Now I see AMD is behaving the same.  So, either both companies coincidently introduced the problem or the culprit lies elsewhere.  Since DSP is 17.6 and I'm using 18, KODI shouldn't be the culprit because it wasn't present in older builds.  I'm using Windows 1809 and the problem did not exist for a while so it's not Windows.  I used to be able to create the problem without a player involved so I can't pin it on a player although this latest introduction happens when using MPC-BE only.  I don't know how to diagnose it at this point but it has reared its head again.

Open your GPU control panel.
Open KODI normally in full screen.
Press your Windows key on the keyboard.
Bring your GPU control panel into focus.
Change the resolution to 1080p.  It doesn't have to be 3D but you can change to that as well.  The result will be the same.
If Kodi changed size AND after changing resolution back to 2160p it remains resized, you are affected.

Fwiw, using an MPC external player:  After letting the title run its course and auto exit a player error is produced on top of KODI which is in normal fullscreen.  Pressing enter on the Windows player error allows the resolution change to continue and all is well.  This does not happen when the player is manually closed using alt + F4.  As if that's not enough, certain DVD VIDEO_TS titles are crashing KODI v.18.  No rhyme or reason either.  And lest I forget, external players are not updating watched status at all.  Not even with Estuary.

There hasn't been a nightly in quite a few days now but just noticed a new one released today.  I'll be installing now.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-11-25, 17:12)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-11-25, 03:02)markm75 Wrote:
(2018-11-24, 16:24)Warner306 Wrote:  
 This worked like a treat.. only thing i'm still stuck on is that Dsplayer no longer seems to be the default player.. i've checked off the box in settings but it doesnt seem to take effect.. i always have to do a play with option to select it.. any thoughts?  EDIT:  i guess i messed with video player merits.. removed that and it now works.. golden..

One other question/confirmation.. I should only be seeing RGB 8bit FULL in nvidia settings with the samsung q6f series TV (10bit) correct?  Should i have madvr settings at 10bit or auto.. i think 10bit?    
I would configure things using these rules: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2739438

The only issue is that current Nvidia drivers won't switch correctly from 8-bit RGB at 60 Hz to 12-bit RGB at 24 Hz after a reboot. You might have to set everything to 8-bit. madVR rounds everything with dithering at output, so you aren't likely to notice the difference with your eyes. 10-bits at the display isn't necessary and won't involve any loss in image quality. When it comes to the display, the issue of 10-bit color is misunderstood. 

If you are going to stick with DSPlayer, you might as well make a couple of profiles in madVR that will work with your display and graphics card.

Under scaling algorithms, select create profile group.

Check all items and name the new profile group Scaling.

Use add profile to create two profiles: 1080p and 4K UHD.

Copy and paste the code below into Scaling:

if (srcWidth > 1920) "4K UHD"
else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080) "4K UHD"

else if (srcWidth > 1280) and (srcWidth <= 1920) "1080p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1280) and ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080)) "1080p"

You should get a green check mark if your profiles are named correctly.

4K UHD:
  • Chroma: NGU Anti-Alias (high)
  • Downscaling: SSIM 1D 100% + LL + AR
  • Image upscaling: Jinc + AR
  • Image doubling: Off
  • Upscaling refinement: Off
  • Artifact removal - Debanding: Off
  • Artifact removal - Deringing: Off
  • Artifact removal - Deblocking: Off
  • Artifact removal - Denoising: Off
  • Image enhancements: Off
  • Dithering: Error Diffusion 2
1080p:
  • Chroma: NGU Anti-Alias (low)
  • Downscaling: SSIM 1D 100% + LL + AR
  • Image upscaling: Off
  • Image doubling: NGU Sharp
  • <-- Luma doubling: very high
  • <-- Luma quadrupling: let madVR decide (direct quadruple - NGU Sharp (very high))
  • <-- Chroma: let madVR decide (NGU medium)
  • <-- Doubling: let madVR decide (scaling factor 1.2x (or bigger))
  • <-- Quadrupling: let madVR decide (scaling factor 2.4x (or bigger))
  • <-- Upscaling algo: let madVR decide (Jinc + AR)
  • <-- Downscaling algo: let madVR decide (SSIM 1D 100% + LL + AR)
  • Upscaling refinement: Off
  • Artifact removal - Debanding: medium/medium
  • Artifact removal - Deringing: Off
  • Artifact removal - Deblocking: Off
  • Artifact removal - Denoising: Off
  • Image enhancements: Off
  • Dithering: Error Diffusion 2

If you want the image to be sharper, try checking sharpen edges or any of the other combination of shaders under image enhancements for the 4K UHD profile (requires another profile group) or anything under upscaling refinement for the 1080p profile.  
Finally got around to doing this.. but i cant seem to find some of the other settings you mention.. like artifact removal and others.. 
ImageImage

Those options are found under processing. You would have to create one extra profile group for 1080p to use debanding. I would suggest low/medium instead of medium/medium. You chose Spline under image upscaling rather than NGU Sharp, and you don't need the first folder, "scaling," just "1080p" and "4K UHD."

I updated the sample settings section in the madVR guide. I would just follow those instructions for scaling algorithms: 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2238974

If you want to use debanding, you need to use these profile rules under processing:

if (srcWidth > 1280) and (srcWidth <= 1920) "1080p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1280) and ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080)) "1080p"

else "Other"

Name one profile "1080p" and the second one "Other".

And check debanding low/medium in the 1080p profile and leave it blank in the other.
(2018-12-16, 15:29)Warner306 Wrote: Those options are found under processing. You would have to create one extra profile group for 1080p to use debanding. I would suggest low/medium instead of medium/medium. You chose Spline under image upscaling rather than NGU Sharp, and you don't need the first folder, "scaling," just "1080p" and "4K UHD."

I updated the sample settings section in the madVR guide. I would just follow those instructions for scaling algorithms: 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2238974

If you want to use debanding, you need to use these profile rules under processing:

if (srcWidth > 1280) and (srcWidth <= 1920) "1080p"

else "Other"

Name one profile "1080p" and the second one "Other".

And check debanding low/medium in the 1080p profile and leave it blank in the other.
Ok thanks i think i have it or mostly..

I created the new profile under processing/dsplayer profile group, put in the code for if then and adjusted the 1080p processing one.
I didnt realize from your original instructions that this was what you were referring to with settings

I still have under scaling algorithms.. DS Player Profile Group.. then sub folders:
Dsplayer profile.. scaling, 1080p and 4k uhd..  you mentioned removing the scaling, but your original instructions said to have the scaling group.. just to confirm remove this scaling group profile?  And what about the original dsplayer profile that still exists in there.. can i safely remove this too i assume.

Not sure if it matters or not but i cant seem to locate : Dithering: Error Diffusion 2 in the settings.

Thanks again this has been really helpful
Yes, you can delete the scaling and DSPlayer folders. They don’t actually do anything.

Dithering is found under rendering.
So now that i have everything working and i think working pretty well.. i have to say 1080p source content looks pretty darn sharp at this point.. tv shows included.. i decided to compare a regular bluray movie and its 4k counterpart(hdr).. it was actually surprising to me at how close the resolution was.. there was really no obvious difference in resolution.. (The Martian as an example).. however.. the colors did look better, though of course darker, with maybe muddier blacks in HDR on my x900 sony.. i was tempted to boost the gamma or black level but didnt want to ruin the picture for non hdr content.. i suppose the similarly might be that many movies arent actually shot in 4k, but 2k, unsure or maybe using a dedicated ($500) uhd player things might be different.
Hello everyone, I have a small poblema, I have 64-bit dsplayer, sometimes when I start the program with the remote control, the program gets stuck and I can not move inside the window with the keys / cursor, then I have to go with the "mouse" above the icon that is in the taskbar of the PC monitor (I use the plasma TV to watch movies-I have two PC monitor screens and plasma TV) and click on the flashing program icon, it stops flashing and everything is OK and it works again, very strange, could it be the 64 bit version?
ive always had that issue to be honest, focus is lost for some reason when KODI starts which is why you have to press the mouse button, happens with both versions for me, guessing the issue is something to do with windowed mode and it losing focus.
(2018-12-19, 20:39)markm75 Wrote: So now that i have everything working and i think working pretty well.. i have to say 1080p source content looks pretty darn sharp at this point.. tv shows included.. i decided to compare a regular bluray movie and its 4k counterpart(hdr).. it was actually surprising to me at how close the resolution was.. there was really no obvious difference in resolution.. (The Martian as an example).. however.. the colors did look better, though of course darker, with maybe muddier blacks in HDR on my x900 sony.. i was tempted to boost the gamma or black level but didnt want to ruin the picture for non hdr content.. i suppose the similarly might be that many movies arent actually shot in 4k, but 2k, unsure or maybe using a dedicated ($500) uhd player things might be different.
HDR content has the advantage of being brighter and having more steps between luminance values, which can make it look sharper because there is more depth to the image. Your x900 has more than enough brightness to do good HDR without much tone mapping.
(2018-12-20, 00:29)giulianoprs Wrote: Hello everyone, I have a small poblema, I have 64-bit dsplayer, sometimes when I start the program with the remote control, the program gets stuck and I can not move inside the window with the keys / cursor, then I have to go with the "mouse" above the icon that is in the taskbar of the PC monitor (I use the plasma TV to watch movies-I have two PC monitor screens and plasma TV) and click on the flashing program icon, it stops flashing and everything is OK and it works again, very strange, could it be the 64 bit version?
 Definitely a focus issue and not the specific build of DSPlayer. Try installing Launcher4Kodi. It can force Kodi to remain focused when it opens.
(2018-12-15, 04:56)Warner306 Wrote: You would think someone with an AMD GPU would have experienced something similar.

Did you you ever hear back from AMD about your other issue?
Hi, just dont think there are many 3D users left, we are a dwindling subset of HTPC users, also, you tend to hear more from NVIDIA users on the forum, not sure if thats because of the current driver issues or there are just so many more NVIDIA users than AMD in general.
My current workaround works well though. I start KODI DS using a autohotkey script tied to my remote which drops my TV into 4k@23hz before starting KODI, everything then works exactly how it should, all issues stem from running the GUI at 60 hz, this also happens with MPC-HC and BE so its clealry a probelms with windows 10 itself. Since 1803 ive also noticed that FSE is required to prevent stutter, this was never required before, however before 1803 I needed FSE to get 3D, I can now get 3D without FSE. Swings and roundabouts.

The main thing is that I can still come home, pop my TV on and have hours of problem-less playback without worrying about skipping, black screens, stutter or 3D not working, at 23hz everything works perfectly.

AMD still have'nt fixed the blown out reds with 4k@23hz though.
  • 451(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47