• 452(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-12-20, 16:06)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-12-19, 20:39)markm75 Wrote: So now that i have everything working and i think working pretty well.. i have to say 1080p source content looks pretty darn sharp at this point.. tv shows included.. i decided to compare a regular bluray movie and its 4k counterpart(hdr).. it was actually surprising to me at how close the resolution was.. there was really no obvious difference in resolution.. (The Martian as an example).. however.. the colors did look better, though of course darker, with maybe muddier blacks in HDR on my x900 sony.. i was tempted to boost the gamma or black level but didnt want to ruin the picture for non hdr content.. i suppose the similarly might be that many movies arent actually shot in 4k, but 2k, unsure or maybe using a dedicated ($500) uhd player things might be different.
HDR content has the advantage of being brighter and having more steps between luminance values, which can make it look sharper because there is more depth to the image. Your x900 has more than enough brightness to do good HDR without much tone mapping. 
Yeah the x900f should be bright enough, i find myself giving it a notch of gamma or black level (in the tv settings) to get it looking a bit better though.. but sharpness wise (resolution) it was indistinguishable at least with that example.

Back to the profiles.. i think maybe i missed a step.. for some reason any old DVD content i have that plays using dsplayer has audio but a flickering green screen.. any ideas what i might be missing or maybe another profile needed
A flickering green screen wouldn't be a profile problem.

Try a different method of hardware decoding in LAV Video. Change some settings in general settings: D3D11 on and off, and check some of the other settings on and off.

A green screen is a corrupt image, so something is very wrong.

If you can't figure it out, post an image of your OSD (Ctrl + J) during playback and post it here.
I've always wondered in the LAV video filters what is the difference between setting up
D3D11 or DVXA2 (copy-back)
I have DSPlayer with madvr under windows 10 with a GTX 1060, it works fine with 1080p files, but when i play 4K files and select change refresh rate in kodi to 24p i get a blank screen, in mpc hc it works fine, what i'm doing wrong? thanks
(2018-12-22, 20:01)giulianoprs Wrote: I've always wondered in the LAV video filters what is the difference between setting up
D3D11 or DVXA2 (copy-back)
 DXVA2 copy-back copies back the decoded frames to the system RAM before passing it back to the GPU.

D3D11 Native does not copy back to system.

In practice, both are about the same speed, but some madVR processing can be faster with D3D11 Native, so I would use it.

The video quality will be identical.
(2018-12-24, 10:44)albur Wrote: I have DSPlayer with madvr under windows 10 with a GTX 1060, it works fine with 1080p files, but when i play 4K files and select change refresh rate in kodi to 24p i get a blank screen, in mpc hc it works fine, what i'm doing wrong? thanks
 Are you using fullscreen exclusive mode with DSPlayer (in the DSPlayer settings), but not with MPC-HC; or the other way around?

Are you using madVR's refresh rate switching in both cases with Kodi's refresh rate switching disabled? I would try that first. Then maybe try to enable refresh rate switching in Kodi and disable it in madVR.

I don't think the switch to HDR mode is working correctly.
thanks Warner, now my system is configured with "DVXA2 (copy-back)" in the LAV video filters and in madvr in "general setting" use Direct3D 11 for presenation and sincerely I'm finding it very well, with fullHD material (1920X1080p) is all good, the "rendering" average and max are always quite low, about 10 and 11 ms, no droped repeats delayed frames, DSplayer is no longer stuck at startup, and my GPU is only a modest AMD rx 560 ASUS STRIX OC !!!! my intention is to buy a more powerful GPU for the 4K HDR (SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE) shortly buy a 4k oled tv.
Thanks for the good advice and merry Christmas to all.
We use a Radeon RX560 with 4GB on a Sony projector with 4k HDR with no problem. 

Our cinema
Tongue 
(2018-12-25, 01:20)moravec Wrote: We use a Radeon RX560 with 4GB on a Sony projector with 4k HDR with no problem. 

Our cinema
 .... drool
(2018-12-24, 18:48)giulianoprs Wrote: thanks Warner, now my system is configured with "DVXA2 (copy-back)" in the LAV video filters and in madvr in "general setting" use Direct3D 11 for presenation and sincerely I'm finding it very well, with fullHD material (1920X1080p) is all good, the "rendering" average and max are always quite low, about 10 and 11 ms, no droped repeats delayed frames, DSplayer is no longer stuck at startup, and my GPU is only a modest AMD rx 560 ASUS STRIX OC !!!! my intention is to buy a more powerful GPU for the 4K HDR (SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE) shortly buy a 4k oled tv.
 Personally, I think the RX 580 is a hot and noisy card. Something to keep in mind.
Has anybody come across a problem when pausing a 4k MKV? The picture on my TV flashes.

I am using kodi 17.6, dsplayer and madvr.
(2018-12-28, 15:35)Garry74 Wrote: Has anybody come across a problem when pausing a 4k MKV? The picture on my TV flashes.

I am using kodi 17.6, dsplayer and madvr.
I've had this problem with the included lav filters. Updating to the latest version solved it.
If my gpu (rx560) will manage well the HDR, ok, a user here has confirmed that the rx 560 is ok with the HDR, otherwise I will have to buy a more powerful considering the space in my "case" for the gpu is maximum of 23cm, but this test I'll know when I get the 4h HDR TV.
Now I'm enjoying dsplayer + madvr for 1080p and it's exceptional.
(2018-12-28, 02:37)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-12-24, 18:48)giulianoprs Wrote: thanks Warner, now my system is configured with "DVXA2 (copy-back)" in the LAV video filters and in madvr in "general setting" use Direct3D 11 for presenation and sincerely I'm finding it very well, with fullHD material (1920X1080p) is all good, the "rendering" average and max are always quite low, about 10 and 11 ms, no droped repeats delayed frames, DSplayer is no longer stuck at startup, and my GPU is only a modest AMD rx 560 ASUS STRIX OC !!!! my intention is to buy a more powerful GPU for the 4K HDR (SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE) shortly buy a 4k oled tv.
 Personally, I think the RX 580 is a hot and noisy card. Something to keep in mind. 
its noisy cos its hot Smile

yeah mine is very noisy but most cards are when really pushed. I knew this going into the purchase. I actually makes sense to buy the fastest card you can for the money have, then run it medium settings to keep it cool and quiet. If I keep mine under 60 degrees the fan doesnt come on.

I've now dropped down to NGU low for upscaling and chroma, to keep things quiet, my old 460/560 used to run hot and noisy with these settings where the 580 runs completely silent.
That's fine, but a GTX 1050 TI can run higher settings with less fan noise.
  • 452(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47