• 458(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
does it play the sound using a standard install of something like MPC-BE or MPC-HC - what about VLC?
(2019-01-08, 14:57)mclingo Wrote: does it play the sound using a standard install of something like MPC-BE or MPC-HC - what about VLC?
PCM audio plays perfectly through my A/V receiver when I play the same MKV files in VLC.  This leads me to believe it is simply a matter of having an incorrect setting in Kodi DSPlayer?
hmm, have you configured you audio rendered correctly in settings\player\dsplayer\audio renderer
(2019-01-08, 15:50)mclingo Wrote: hmm, have you configured you audio rendered correctly in settings\player\dsplayer\audio renderer
 SUCCESS!  Not sure why, but somehow the "Device" setting had gotten changed.  Switched "Device" back to System Default, and now all audio types, including PCM are working.  Still don't understand how the Device setting got changed, or why it only affected PCM audio, but at least everything is working now.  Thank you (and the other members) for taking the time to help!  Much appreciated.
great news.
question on the "gpu", mclingo and warner, I currently have an amd rx 560 asus strix oce with file fullHD works quite well, use in chroma upscalling NGU sharp, medium quality and I have activated in image enhancements "enhance detasil" to 2.0, ( I like this option), no dropped, repeated, delayed frames, everything is ok, temperarute ranging from 56/58, maximum 62 !!! my doubt is, when I have 4k HDR TV will manage to handle HDR material well? a user here in the forum told me that his rx 560 is ok with hdr material, but when I have to upscale 1080p material at 2160p with NGU sharp, will it succeed without raising the time of "rendering"? now averange and max are between 10ms maximum 12ms !!! and temperatures? of noise I do not care because the volume I keep it a little high. In fact, I am interested in a rx 580 sapphire PULSE 8gb, the only one that can be there because it is 23 cm long, in my case I can not go further! thanks and bye.
It will work. You could use NGU low-medium with everything. An RX 580 won't make a huge difference because it is weak with madVR. I'd stick with the RX 560 for a while before you consider upgrading.
we need to get some figures, people keep saying AMD's are weak with MADVR but all I can see is just hearsay, are there any benchmarks, how weak exactly and compared to which nvidia cards with how many shader units etc etc, I know MADSHI says AMD arent as good but it could be a very small amount and therefore the price difference may more than make up for this.

I agree though, I wouldnt bother upgrading before you get your TV, check out the RX 560 first, you will probably find its perfectly fine.
Hi guys,
I'm running Kodi 17.6 with DSPlayer +Madvr +LAV filters (including lav splitter)

With my actual configuration It's impossible to play .bdmv files.

"Select playback item" window regularly appear once I try to play a *. bdmv file but if I try to go ahead playback do not starts.

Is there a way to have this working?

Thank you
I don't know what you can do. I don't think much effort went into testing BDMV folders. They are known to be unreliable with many media players. I convert any BDMV folders to MKVs, just so they are more reliable. ISOs also work better, but they aren't supported by DSPlayer.
+1, I agree.

I personally dont think there is a good reason to use BDMV, far better to wrap them in an ISO if you really want the pointless BD menus or fully rip them.
Fwiw, 90% of my collection are iso's and bdmv folder structure.  2D, 3D, SDR, HDR, etc.  They are 100% reliable using KODI v.18 LEIA and previous builds.  They are also 100% reliable using the external players I launch from KODI - MPC-HC/BE with madVR - DVDFab Media Player v.3 (HDR) and PowerDVD v.18 (3D) for when I desire menus taking full advantage of iso's and file structure bdmv's.  I don't know about other players?  I have no use for them.  So to answer your question, yes, there is a way to have these working but you would have to use official KODI instead of the DSPlayer fork.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Sure, the kodi default player supports bdmv files.... It's very strange that DSPlayer does not....
It's really not that strange that DSplayer doesn't support bdmv, if the developer himself didn't use them, or had any desire too.  So to include them wasn't a priority for him.
Can't be normal that my RTX 2080 goes into onverdrive and eats all of its VRAM every time I launch a 4K HDR video, right? Installed the latest madVR v0.92.17 and now I don't even get a picture when using DSPlayer to watch whatever video.
Guess it's time to reinstall Kodi/DSPlayer and start from scratch. My settings must be messed up.
  • 458(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47