• 477(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2019-03-23, 16:34)tjcinnamon Wrote: What was the addon? 
 Rather than the xbmc "Addon", as in a Python implementation that extends Kodi, I think he means the generalized "addon" that simply means a modification or addition that adds functionality. No such thing exists, so it was a speculation for a possible solution.
Developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time user of Kodi, before it was even called Kodi. My XBOX died long ago, but Windows is still just as broken and necessary. I obviously watch anime, given my first comment. Video games, manga, music, you name it.
Hello

I posted my problem some months ago but I still can't figure out any solution.

I am using Kodi 17.6 Krypton DSPlayer. The problem is, the progress bar will not dissapear during the playback. Only a complete new installation of Windows 10 solves this problem. Since my last reinstall a few months ago everything worked fine. Now Microsoft released a big creators update and since then the progress bar issue is back. It was exactly the same in the past... Kodi and DS Player worked fine until a big Windows Update came. Now it is not useable. I tried standard Kodi Player and I tried the DS Player, I also tried to reinstall the programm but nothing helped. I am definitely not going to reinstall Windows 10 again.

If I am using the Standard Kodi Installation without DS Player everything workes fine, but I need DS Player for HDR Playback.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? 

Thank you very much
I haven't heard of this before. Have you tried changing the skin? Are you outputting in something other than Full -> Full -> Full? Does it disappear when you hit backspace?
Yes I tried changing the skin but that did not help. What exactly du you mean with output Full -> Full -> Full? I did not make any changes to the Video output. Yes I tried Right Klick, Backspace and Escape... it does not disappear
I would think there is some type of command that is persistently running that is outputting an enter or ok command causing the overlay to appear.

Try enabling debugging and posting a debug log here. Follow these instructions for debugging DSPlayer:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1966593
are you using a portable or full install?
OK I try to post here a debug file.

I am using the instal.exe from the first post of this thread. I am using the 32bit version because 64bit is marked as unstable.

In the meantime a uninstalled krypton and installed Kodi 18.1 Leia and this one workes fine... but no HDR Suppurt so useless for me. So I went back to Krypton with DS.

I made a short video so you can see what I mean. When the video starts, the progress bar is shown like it should. When I press the left mouse button, it disappears but returns immediately and stays on the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oB5l0pNh3A
try installing DS in portable mode, I always use portable anyway so i can have loads of different installs running on my PC to test stuff without affecting my main install. To install as portable just create a folder on your pc somewhere, install it in there and then create a new shortcut to KODI.exe, in this shortcut add -p to the end.

eg

"T:\KODI DS4\kodi.exe" -p

try this, it should work, if it does it suggests something is corrupt in your registry or app data or program data folders, note also, you'll never have to rebuild you machine if you always use portable.
For people that might be interested in future developments (not that we have any developer for them but still...), there's some discussion going on here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335218
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Not getting any good vibes from that for sure. Sad
Hello

Here is the debugging file

https://pastebin.com/mjs3KCcf
sorry for double post (isn't it possible to edit your own post?)

@mclingo
 creating a shortcut with "...kodi.exe" -p does not work. When I try to start Kodi with this extension it says "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting"
and sorry for tripple post, but maybe an important notice.

In my video it is only shown at the beginning (and I really don't know why, normaly it is shown all the time) but in the progress bar that stays on the screen there is always written "Seeking" and a negative time-value which is rising during the video... is it some kind of searchbar?
doesnt sound like you instlalled it properly or created the shortcut properly, like this.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvFafeelEBigaxY_gKFV_ehdVKFvA
(2019-03-25, 11:00)madjockxbmc Wrote: Not getting any good vibes from that for sure. Sad
On the contrary, FernetMenta clearly stated that a binary add-on for an extra video-renderer could be possible. The real problem is that I'm not sure if that could happen without madshi involvement.
Not being a coder I don't know if it would be possible to create the correct interfaces *in Kodi* to speak with madVR in the language it expects, so to say. Or if madVR should change somehow.
Then there's the point Warner306 raised, regarding HDR playback needing LAV video decoder to properly work (if I have gotten that correct, that is). But LAV comes from FFMPEG, so I guess that one could remain hopeful that in the feature these features might move upstream (if that's the correct way of saying "LAV functionality could be included in FFMPEG main codebase).

madVR being closed source, NGU being proprietary, instead, is forever out of reach, unless Kodi finds a way to "speak to it".
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 477(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47