• 482(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2019-04-13, 16:22)toki5 Wrote: For now, it seems to be GeForce Experience that was causing the issues. It doesn't seem to be doing it anymore after uninstalling that.
There just seem to be more and more odd quirks related to nvidia these days. Oh my.
and now reading through the doom9 madvr thread I have found my exact problem with stuttering : / why didn't you guys tell me? I really do appreciate the help here though. I type this because geforce experience uninstall didn't fix the issue either.
That doom9 thread was mentioned here, toki5.  In case others missed it: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176013
I've rolled back to 418.91 myself and that did indeed fix all stuttering. Madshi also said that the next big Nvidia driver release should have some HDR fixes. Hopefully it will also fix the stuttering. That driver should come out later this month.
(2019-04-14, 05:06)toki5 Wrote: and now reading through the doom9 madvr thread I have found my exact problem with stuttering : / why didn't you guys tell me? I really do appreciate the help here though. I type this because geforce experience uninstall didn't fix the issue either.

you're reporting a fault on a DS thread, and wondering why you're getting only DS based possible solutions??

next time try to narrow it down first, if we had known it was purely a MADVR issue we'd have probably sent you there in the first place.
(2019-04-14, 14:47)mclingo Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 05:06)toki5 Wrote: and now reading through the doom9 madvr thread I have found my exact problem with stuttering : / why didn't you guys tell me? I really do appreciate the help here though. I type this because geforce experience uninstall didn't fix the issue either.

you're reporting a fault on a DS thread, and wondering why you're getting only DS based possible solutions??

next time try to narrow it down first, if we had known it was purely a MADVR issue we'd have probably sent you there in the first place. 

I'm sorry guys, I just couldn't post on that thread because it's making me wait 5 days before a post. The stuttering was driving me nuts and upsetting me and I was trying to go through multiple different culprits.
(2019-04-14, 19:46)toki5 Wrote: I'm sorry guys, I just couldn't post on that thread because it's making me wait 5 days before a post. The stuttering was driving me nuts and upsetting me and I was trying to go through multiple different culprits. 

Understandable. Stuff like this can be very frustrating.
There's no 18.1 version of DSplayer? And there's no way to integrate madvr with the default kodi player? Is that correct?
Yep, doesn't look like aracnoz is going to come through this year and provide a new build.

External players can still be combined with regular Kodi (e.g. MPC), but I don't think that is what you're looking for.
(2019-04-20, 02:01)Warner306 Wrote: Yep, doesn't look like aracnoz is going to come through this year and provide a new build.

External players can still be combined with regular Kodi (e.g. MPC), but I don't think that is what you're looking for.

Thanks Warner Smile
Does anyone have any suggestion in order to have a Milkdrop 2 visualizer working for the x64 build of DSPlayer? An x64 build of the visualizer exists for Kodi 18.x but unfortunately it's not enough to use that add-on's DLL.
I doubt that something "architectural" would stop it from working. Maybe it would need to be compiled differently...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Not sure if there's any interest, but I intend to compile a modified version of the latest Kodi and a modified vesion of MPC-BE that will enable the use of "resume playback" when using an external player.

I might look into making some more slight modification to support additional features. If anyone's interested in the details, I plan on enabling communication between Kodi and MPC-BE using file system (meta data files that will be automatically created and removed).

Open to more ideas or support.
(2019-04-28, 17:38)purpleman Wrote: Not sure if there's any interest, but I intend to compile a modified version of the latest Kodi and a modified vesion of MPC-BE that will enable the use of "resume playback" when using an external player.

I might look into making some more slight modification to support additional features. If anyone's interested in the details, I plan on enabling communication between Kodi and MPC-BE using file system (meta data files that will be automatically created and removed).

+1
(2019-04-28, 17:38)purpleman Wrote: Not sure if there's any interest, but I intend to compile a modified version of the latest Kodi and a modified vesion of MPC-BE that will enable the use of "resume playback" when using an external player.

This would be great.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 

I would use it, probably alongside DSPlayer at the moment, but also on its own in the future. If the code is stable and simple, Team Kodi might accept it into the main branch.

+1 that would be great
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

• 482(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47