• 509(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2020-02-04, 15:36)axbmcuser Wrote: @oldpainless

You can find it here, i already posted some time ago in this thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348790 (Download under "KODI 17" Download KODI 17.6 DSPlayer64 )

It includes all around better GUI scaling (see example), some smaller fixes/improvements and backports from Krypton-upstream and Leia and soon improved support for vertical shift when the DSPlayer-madVR-video is running in the background (while being on Kodi home screen for example). Until now this always messed up the madVR auto detection when using vertical shift. If testing ends up as hoped, this is fixed now for good. (Looking good so far...)

Still, my question regarding 3D DSPlayer-madVR users still stands, if anyone does use it, please let me know.
Thanks for this. I don't have 3D equipment to check on what you asked (and I've never liked 3D to be honest). But your work on scaling looks great, I will give the DSPlayer build a try soon. (Maybe I'll wait your check for addons downloading, etc.)
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@ashlar
Thanks, good to hear that you like the better GUI quality.

Regarding addons:

I did some checking regarding a potential addon install problem and had no problems with a clean install so far. I tried multiple random different addons from both zip and repos.
No problems found so far. Will look some more, but maybe it was just a usual normal random quirk or so. (Sometimes a repo mirror just fails or many other small things that happen sometimes)

@mclingo
If you still have problems installing addons, could you please describe a way i may can use to reproduce a potential problem on a clean install?

Thanks again for the 3D testing/confirmation that your 3D content looks the same has before. This means the changed/improved communication with madVR regarding picture size is working correct and is not affecting 3D. This is what we had hoped for but could not confirm ourself.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Hi, when I click on "get more" from the SKIN section nothing happens, could just be my PC but its usually when Python3 is used instead of Python2 i've found.

if this isnt happening to anyone else I wouldnt bother spending any time with it, could be mp pc and that I always use portable installs.
Thanks for the info. Skins "Get more" works here without problems on a clean install of bettergui002 - let's see if anyone else has feedback and if not, you are probably right and it will most likely just some quirk on your system/install.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2020-02-06, 13:47)axbmcuser Wrote: This means the changed/improved communication with madVR regarding picture size
Could you expand on what you were trying to achieve (and apparently have achieved) with this? What were the problems ensuing from this miscommunication? I ask because, having used DSPlayer daily for the past several years, I've not met problems that I could lead back to picture size communication between the player and the renderer. Just curious to understand, I guess. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
To keep it simple, here are two of the screenshots regarding the broken picture size and format auto detection between DSPlayer and madVR (when using zoom and/or vertical shift):

Active window: VideoFullScreen/VideoOSD:
http://nakunana24519x.bplaced.net/_tmp/k.../003_b.jpg
Active window: Home (and all other windows)
http://nakunana24519x.bplaced.net/_tmp/k.../003_c.jpg

This has bothered my friends and me for years and i'm very happy it's finally fixed. :-)
(2020-02-06, 18:34)axbmcuser Wrote: To keep it simple, here are two of the screenshots regarding the broken picture size and format auto detection between DSPlayer and madVR (when using zoom and/or vertical shift):

Active window: VideoFullScreen/VideoOSD:
http://nakunana24519x.bplaced.net/_tmp/k.../003_b.jpg
Active window: Home (and all other windows)
http://nakunana24519x.bplaced.net/_tmp/k.../003_c.jpg

This has bothered my friends and me for years and i'm very happy it's finally fixed. :-)
Got it. Thanks for the explanation. And now I know why I've never noticed it. I don't use vertical shift *and* I never browse the GUI while watching something.
But if something's wrong, it's right wanting to fix it. Not everybody uses Kodi in the same way, it's an integral part of its strength as a solution.
@ashlar No problem.

I created a thread for the new build with some more details:

Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351534

Feedback welcome
(2020-02-04, 12:01)fandangos Wrote: I was thinking about removing the restriction to run 2 kodi instances so people could use DSPlayer as an external player with the newest kodi 19 but dsplayer still works fine.
This is not needed for now the way I see it.

Dear fandangos!
Could you, nevertheless, make a similar option for your Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition, for example. To use Kodi DS Plaeyr for SD, and for 4K use an external player Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition.
Thanks.
(2020-02-03, 01:08)fandangos Wrote:
(2020-02-03, 00:57)Mordred Wrote:
(2020-02-03, 00:47)fandangos Wrote: I was doing exactly the same, by hand after greping all the ifdef has_ds_player but if you look at the araxis merge I can see files that were not on that list.

I have this going for v19 missing 20 files or so. 
I can upload it to you. I was just copying and pasting and commenting the ifdef has_ds_player. I haven't started to translate this yet. 
I stopped because I got the tip about Araxis Merge. 

If you've got a branch that's ahead of where I am, put it up as a branch and I'll take a look.

MadVR is definitely the best way to watch stuff, and it's a shame we have to compromise to stay up to date with the latest Kodi features.   

It's not on a branch, I was doing by hand on my pc:
https://mega.nz/#!vZNhSIjb!uQztXd8p_qAYC...2Jwz_atr9o

and I've stopped at advancedsettings
https://pastebin.com/4gv7XqDE

I was following this to track where I need to apply the changes.
As you can see it's not missing much but I've looked for all the files that needed to be placed in a file that got moved. 
So the changes need to be translated to what kodi uses today but those are in the right place I believe. 
Damn, I completely missed this post. I kinda set this project aside for now since @axbmcuser seems to be making progress again. Not sure if he's planning to opensource his stuff or not.

I'm kinda busy with other projects for the short term, but I might come back to this. Quoting you otherwise I'll completely lose it Smile
(2020-02-11, 15:25)puckanych Wrote:
(2020-02-04, 12:01)fandangos Wrote: I was thinking about removing the restriction to run 2 kodi instances so people could use DSPlayer as an external player with the newest kodi 19 but dsplayer still works fine.
This is not needed for now the way I see it.

Dear fandangos!
Could you, nevertheless, make a similar option for your Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition, for example. To use Kodi DS Plaeyr for SD, and for 4K use an external player Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition.
Thanks.   
No better please do a working 18.5 Version with pyton 2.5 und dsPlayer support. To use madVR for Everything. It wold solve all actual problems.

The only HW that works completely for me is a Amlogic S922X Box (Odroid N2) HDR and HLG works as it should. But i MUST use Win10 because of Equalizer APO und an USB I2S Converter. So i set all my hopes on Kodi 19 HDR or a kodi 18.5 dsPlayer Version.

The only two things that dont work in Kodi 19 HDR 3.0 is: No seeking on interlaced Videos and no HLG support
Hello,
I’m getting an issue using DSPlayer with Madvr when some movies or videos I try to play cause Kodi to crash to desktop and when I click on Kodi the font is huge. The only fix is to restart my PC and try opening Kodi again. Is there a fix for this?
You would have to list more details to get help with a bug like that. Is it only certain files and always those files, or all files, or random files...etc.? Were these same files working correctly in the past?
I will try to go through and post my full specs when I have time but it is most video movie files when using DSplayer with Madvr. I am using NGU sharp. When the video plays sometimes not all the time Kodi crashes to desktop and after restarting my PC and opening up Kodi the video then usually plays.

I am running a Windows 10 PC with 2 GTX 980 TI on Sli with a Crosshair VI motherboard and Ryzen 7 1800X CPU. I am still running kodi 17 with DS Player, the last known DS Player available.

Thank You
I have a stubborn issue regarding channel mapping: When playing back 7.1 movies the channel layout is correct and when playing back 5.1 films, the side-surround channels are being played back through the rear-surround channels.
My setup is a bit complicated: Kodi renders audio with reclock for conversion to the needed 44.1 kHz. Reclock then plays via wasapi to the virtual soundcard from VB-audio, which then outputs via ASIO to netjack, which then transports the 8 channels to a linux PC doing all kinds of things (FIR filtering, crossovers, compression, volumecontrol).

The setup is working absolutely flawlessly except for this one issue. I did not find any option for channel mapping in the (externally setup) LAV filters except for the "standard layout" and "use legacy 5.1 channel layout" settings which both do not change anything.
Also simply switching the side-surround and rear-surround channels would not work.

Does anyone have an idea what might go wrong here?
  • 509(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47